Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sillyloquy
Dec 4, 2008
The biggest issue with going barefoot is people judging you, as you can tell by many of the responses so far. The people who go out of their way to call you a gross hippy aren't people you want to be around anyway so gently caress em. I would often take my shoes off when I was a canvasser and I never got cut or contracted any diseases or whatever, even in some of the busiest areas in the city. Yes your feet will get dirty, but this isn't anyone's problem except yours unless you are like the guy described by the last poster.

Having free feet feels amazing. It's not for everyone but I love being able to feel the ground, being able to wiggle my toes, and not having to deal with foot sweat. But honestly a pair of minimalist shoes is a better compromise. I always wear my minimalist shoes unless there is snow on the ground. Now when I put on sneakers I hate the feeling of being boxed in and having my heels elevated.

Give going barefoot a try, you'll probably find it very refreshing, then buy a pair of minimalist shoes and never look back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread