Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

bunnielab posted:

I did this too and sometimes still wish I could run across a gravel driveway at full speed in total comfort.

Then when I was a teenager I stubbed my toe so hard the nail fell off and gently caress ever having that happen again. I wear shoes to protect my toes, the soles I am not too worried about.

I did this when I was young, for a while, too. My feet got super tough and my pain tolerance over all went up very noticeably. I tried to keep doing it in the winter but that was a bad idea. I stopped for some reason probably because it was dumb to begin with. A few years ago I tried walking over lose gravel barefoot and I couldn't believe how lovely it was when once upon a time I couldn't feel it at all. :shrug:

OP its a stupid idea but the odds of anything really bad coming from it are pretty low so IMO try it now because you won't live forever either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
OP, one month from now:

[Tell] me how to improve my night vision

I've been reading a lot about this thing called night walking, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to see better, at night?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Wedemeyer posted:

I live in a city where people spit constantly on the ground. There's pigeon poo poo, dog poo poo, cat poo poo, raccoon poo poo, human poo poo, all sorts of poo poo that lingers on the sidewalk and rarely gets washed away by rain. There's also garbage dumped on the ground. Walk down a city block an you need to clean your feet before entering any building.

loving wear shoes OP it's not that difficult. New Balance has nice shoes that come in wide sizes and are soft and comfy.

I live in a city with all those things and I see people cleaning the streats with sprays and whatever every few days, so it cant be as bad as all that

• Locked thread