Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Op, you should try it for a few days and report back here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Op, you should try paleo-dieting and crossfit too, they help on cold acclimation.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Don't listen to the haters, go bare.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I believe in you op, remove your shoes.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

GlyphGryph posted:

I wear shoes basically... to work, and when hiking, and when going around the city, and that's it. I don't particularly like shoes, I've never worn a pair I'd call particularly comfortable (as opposed to ignorably uncomfortable, and I tried the vibrams and the toes on them are just too short, very uncomfortable), and even then my shoes only last like... 4-6 months before wearing out. I don't want to have to buy more than three pairs of shoes a year so I'm fine only wearing them when I feel its appropriate and no more. Plus I like feeling what I'm walking on most of the time, I'm probably just a fledgling autist or some poo poo but I like feeling things as I move around. Tromping barefoot through puddles and mud and snow and stuff is actually pretty fun in moderation, though I do that pretty rarely.

So I generally don't wear shoes outside of my daily commute and regular hikes. (I actually keep them off under my desk too as if anyone gives a poo poo but since the OP asked for advice hey guess what you can take them off under your desk at work too and then get most of the benefits of them not being in shoes while still being able to walk around in shoes). I even do it outside a lot and in the water even though I've cut my feet open more than once while submerged because gently caress those dumb water shoes.

I don't see why someone would refuse to wear shoes ever that sounds dumb though. There are good reasons for shoes, both social and physical. I would not want to hiking through the underbrush without shoes, or walk down certain streets in my town even. Not wearing shoes does not make you a better human being. Not feeling like you have to wear them everywhere might make you a happier one but that's mostly for you to figure out.

Basically, shoes are like coats, where them when it's appropriate it and take them off when you don't need them and it doesn't matter.

Although in my home you're taking your goddamn shoes off at the door like a civilized human being instead of tracking poo poo everywhere.

Why do filthy Americans wear their shoes in their own homes?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Colonel J give us a report on how your barefooting has gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Colonel J posted:

Not gonna start 'till temperatures go up in the positives!

edit: maybe this report will satiate your hunger in the meantime.

Stop being a bitch and go bare.

• Locked thread