Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Just wear loving shoes you dumbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Seriously, if 'there's lots of sharp stuff around, better not step on it with no protection' isn't enough for you I dunno.

There's a few of contexts not wearing shoes is a-ok: In your own home, walking on hot coals for some dumbshit self-affirmation crap or on the beach. Oh, bathing, showering or in bed (mostly) too I guess. Probably shouldn't need to be mentioned but, y'know, this thread.

NLJP fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 4, 2015

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

More power to you I guess but there is a reason most people in the world at least wear sandals. For sure there are exceptions but they mostly live in very specific circumstances i.e where shoes are more or less useless anyway since you'd be immersed in water and/or mud the whole time anyway and even they, there's often pretty nasty parasites that come in from the feet.

Considering how absolutely filthy pavements and streets are though, I assume you live in a town or city, I'm not sure why you'd even want to try.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

So why do you actually want to do this? To be whacky? You alluded to it maybe being 'a challenge' but it's not exactly a challenge to not put shoes on in the morning.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the consequences of going barefoot are pretty clear. What did you want from this thread?

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Get back to us when you lose your first toe walking to the shops

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

PT6A posted:

Good luck ever getting laid if your feet look and smell disgusting because you go barefoot everywhere.

It's called a 'patina'

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Colonel J posted:

Right, not getting vaccinated is the same as not wearing shoes. Gotcha.

So which other useful technology are you going to reject for no very good reason next?

edit: I had a whole thing here about how unlikely it is that a no shoes at all situation would be useful for those marginal cases for which the average modern shoe is actively damaging in a european/north american context, rather than a more specifically designed shoe but thought that was goddamn silly really because poo poo, son, think a little. At least some sort of covering is the minimum smart thing if it's available surely?

I'm not totally dismissing the idea that bare feet might be better in some situations some people might face every day but Occam's razor applies so this seems very unlikely.

NLJP fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm running out of ways to tell you that you might as well just throw your stove out the window and eat your hamburger helper raw, you maniac.

• Locked thread