Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'd suggest watching a few episodes of "Dual Survival" on the discovery channel. Observe how pretentious the main guy is about being barefoot all the time and observe how often it ends up slowing them down or getting him hurt, or just being unnecessarily uncomfortable in general. Do you really want to be that guy?

It's silly, unnecessary, and serves no real purpose besides having something to feel superior/unique about and lord over other people about how ~connected to Nature~ you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Colonel J posted:

Dual survival is nothing but reality TV. Of course I'm going to wear shoes next time I'm atop a glacier. Lundin hasn't worn shoes for the length of my life and he seems to be doing fine. He does wear some whenever he's required, but treats it as optional the rest of the time, which it is.

I never said it wasn't, I was more pointing to the fact that he, being a major barefoot activist, comes off as a pretentious rear end about it and I think some of your stated reasons for wanting to do it are as questionable as his are.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

(I actually keep them off under my desk too as if anyone gives a poo poo but since the OP asked for advice hey guess what you can take them off under your desk at work too and then get most of the benefits of them not being in shoes while still being able to walk around in shoes).

Please don't do this if you share an office with anyone. You might think your feet don't smell bad and even if they do, nobody can smell them from under the desk over there, but trust me, they can.

• Locked thread