Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW
You can get Star Wars Jedi Academy for 1 dollar, I don't know or care about the rest of the trash in the pack. Im not going to link the site cause you can just type humble bundle into your browser and its the first result. Cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

im going to ask jeeves

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
KOTOR for a dollar? This is a very good deal.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Frank Horrigan posted:

KOTOR for a dollar? This is a very good deal.

It is

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It still costs 12 dollars to get FU2. For some reason they refuse to put it on sale for what it's worth (maybe $5).

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

star wars is bad in all of its forms

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

It's a hook because its recent and they still need to make money for both themselves and the charity. What sucked is FU and FU2 had Starkiller not as cool as he was in Soul Calibur. He fell into the whiny baby syndrome jedi mode

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
doesn't have dark forces 2, no dollar from me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

theres so many star wars games, drat,

Is there a tier list of them so I can pick the good ones?

Soral
May 30, 2009

frajaq posted:

jedi knight 2
knights of the old republic 2
battlefront 2

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually battlefront 2 may or may not be complete rear end garbage but i remember it fondly

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

frajaq posted:

tie fighter, dark forces 2: jedi knight, uhh.....yoda stories?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
In retrospect, was Shadows of the Empire actually fun besides the proto-rogue squadron bit?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i liked shadows of the empire, but that's a whole lotta nostalgia talking. it's pretty janky and hasn't aged well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wonder if people still play the moviebattles mod for JKA, that poo poo owns hard

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Empire at War is good.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Republic Commando is a really fun game. Sort of like a Rainbow Six-lite with storm troopers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think they took the servers down for Battlefront II so you can't actually play it online anymore.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't think Battlefront 2 has multiplayer servers anymore, please correct me if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. Battlefront is great

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

PantsBandit posted:

Republic Commando is a really fun game. Sort of like a Rainbow Six-lite with storm troopers.

i'm kind of bummed they never made a sequel to it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't think Battlefront 2 has multiplayer servers anymore, please correct me if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. Battlefront is great

Yeah, it used gamespy

Thankfully gameranger exists, can't check now if people are online playing but a quick Googling confirmed it works with the service.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

shadows of the empire was bad. bad controls, movement acceleration issues, low draw distances and obtuse boss fights. you probably remember it as challenging. it was actually bullshit.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
all the boss fights amounted to "stand under/behind and shoot". you're not wrong on the other points, though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just a warning that

1. force unleashed 1 has no PC settings whatsoever, not even resolution, and it may require some loving around with to even get it to work or be in the right aspect ratio. theres also a good chance it will run like poo poo

2. force unleashed 2 actually has PC settings, but after the first level or two it is an extremely bad game

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I like how if you pay way more you get the hyper lovely Force Unleashed and Empire At War games.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

I like how if you pay way more you get the hyper lovely Force Unleashed and Empire At War games.

Wtf.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neo Rasa posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Force unleashed games are really lovely though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

JavaScript for Kids: A Playful Introduction to Programming

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Manga Guide to Physics

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

feeling pretty bothered in my pants if thats what you mean

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pablo Gigante posted:

lmao this isn't a joke

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

lmao this isn't a joke

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Force unleashed games are really lovely though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i stopped being surprised after a combination of seeing the ubuntu manga, the manga retelling of jesus' life, and the manga versions of stuff like Great Expectations and King Lear

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Bobnumerotres posted:

just a warning that

1. force unleashed 1 has no PC settings whatsoever, not even resolution, and it may require some loving around with to even get it to work or be in the right aspect ratio. theres also a good chance it will run like poo poo

2. force unleashed 2 actually has PC settings, but after the first level or two it is an extremely bad game

it has pc settings just nothing but resolution and a checkbox that says "high res textures" and yeah it runs like poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is jedi academy and kotor1 for 1 dollar and that's honestly loving amazing

JKA is no jedi knight 2 but it's still a lot of fun and you can mod the poo poo out of it. people have released entire campaigns for it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Note how the "average purchase" is $11.40, meaning people refuse to spend even $00.60 on those last three games. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neo Rasa posted:

Note how the "average purchase" is $11.40, meaning people refuse to spend even $00.60 on those last three games. :getin:

thats not...

• Locked thread