Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Patching the alpha client now. This looks fun!

Edit: Oh, I need a key. Oh, they want $79.99. Oh..

Flavor Truck fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

I gave them my email, is that really all it takes to get into the key lottery? (jack squattery)

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Pavlov posted:

It's still really unfinished, but I think it could become fun. The 24 hour thing doesn't start until tomorrow though.

What is this 24 hour thing?

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Das Tal posted:

§2 Griefing: Counter-productive but not Prohibited - Remember however, that this is a niche game with tiny game worlds and a small player population. A completely new player that gets ganked, clean-looted and mocked repeatedly has a big chance of leaving the game forever - before he can turn into a worthy opponent. But again: We as the developers won't stop this.

Oh hell yes.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

If you end up getting a few extra testing keys before they begin handing them out via roulette, I'd appreciate a PM.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

I understand that they're putting a lot of emphasis on developing PvP in this stage of the game's development, but I've got a new nagging questions about how everything is going to work out in the long run. I noticed that "PvP in a small world" is a reoccurring theme on the forums in topics posted by dev's. I've also noticed the ever-present minimap in all of the game's footage. Do they plan on expanding the world to fit the expectation of a typical MMO, and is this small arena-like area only being used for testing purposes? I'm not 100% sure I'd still be as interested as I am now if I were to hear that the game is going the way of a MOBA with basebuilding and resource-collecting elements. Not to say that the idea wouldn't be novel, just that it wouldn't appeal to me the same way if marketed as an MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Pavlov posted:

New Dev recap on the test. Also:

Yup, called it, they're totally giving individual responses to every bug report. I'm not sure if that's dedication or masochism.

It's sick is what it is.

• Locked thread