Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

Hmmmmmmm....

1. I love the idea of frequent wipes. I've been saying forever that the only way to make a UO server that would last would be to have wipes every 3 months with leaderboards to track players between seasons.

2. I've also said that during each of the seasons you could tweak PvP rules or change them up completely, and it sounds like they're going to do that. Did these guys read my blog?

3. The game will need some kind of resource gathering if full loot PvP is going to matter at all. PvE would be preferable to making players go click rocks to mine them or whatever.

4. If they're going to have city building then they should make different locations be more valuable and the way you do that is by having some resources that people fight over. There needs to be SOME motivation for the PvP if this is an MMO and not just an arena game, and there has to be some kind of resource pipeline for that to happen.

5. Deserts are really ugly and boring to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread