Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Yeah oh well. Hopefully if nothing else I'll be able to get one cheap on the GTN due to supply increasing. If you see one up for less than 8 million and want to be nice and grab it for me I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bombogenesis posted:

Giving Trooper instances that were more like actual military operations would have helped. Have you and a dozen friendly NPCs engage Imperial outposts or patrols or something. Let act 2 be super soldier oorah and act 3 either more of the same or like an actual commander role.

Yeah, the bit at the end of act 3 where you're issuing orders was cool (if pointless in actuality). More stuff like that would've been great.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

Do people not like the BH story? I mean, the ending kind of lands flat, but in general it was a pretty fun ride with space buds. That was as a mostly LS leaning BH though, I'm guessing DS would be kind of lame as everyone on your ship would hate you (except Skadge)
I loved it, even if I seem to be in the minority. But it's one of those stories with a theme that's really helped by the 12x XP bonus, since there's a strong element of "independent contractor working within the empire and just barely tolerating its insanity" that's really undercut by having to toady up to the authorities for most of the run if you had to do sidequests.

Mako and LS BH are the best though, sarcastic snarky assholes all the way through.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, the bit at the end of act 3 where you're issuing orders was cool (if pointless in actuality). More stuff like that would've been great.
Or even just feeling more... connected to what's going on. You're an elite Republic military person and you barely even meet a Jedi, let alone spend time with any. Or get to order them around like you should be able to during war. :v:

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
This happened to me today. I do miss my granny.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Almost being done with Chapter 1 of LS Warrior though and its just hilarious how much of a troll LS sith is. Just mouth off to Baras every mission and then go behind his back to resolve this issues in the opposite way he intended. Then after beating a Jedi they're like "do your worst sith, I don't fear death!!" and being like, "actually no, I'm just going to leave now. Maybe it is you Jedi who should contemplate the consequences of your actions hmm?" and then leave them alone, confused, surrounded by all their dead subordinates they sicced on you.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Asimo posted:

I loved it, even if I seem to be in the minority. But it's one of those stories with a theme that's really helped by the 12x XP bonus, since there's a strong element of "independent contractor working within the empire and just barely tolerating its insanity" that's really undercut by having to toady up to the authorities for most of the run if you had to do sidequests.

Mako and LS BH are the best though, sarcastic snarky assholes all the way through.

Or even just feeling more... connected to what's going on. You're an elite Republic military person and you barely even meet a Jedi, let alone spend time with any. Or get to order them around like you should be able to during war. :v:

Bounty hunter story isn't great, but it's one of the most fun characters, just for all the opportunities to tell crazy with to shut up and pay you, you don't care about politics. Also for the opportunities to smack nobles around on alderaan.

And yeah, that's another thing about trooper. You're part of this great big army but you talk to general garza and like, that's it. Disappointing.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah oh well. Hopefully if nothing else I'll be able to get one cheap on the GTN due to supply increasing. If you see one up for less than 8 million and want to be nice and grab it for me I'd appreciate it.

I forget, do hypercrates bind for 36 hours as well when bought off the CM or just the contents?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The crates bind. I had that issue when I accidentally bought one on a character with a full inventory.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The crates bind. I had that issue when I accidentally bought one on a character with a full inventory.

Gotcha. Guess I'll only really start paying attention from Thursday on then.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also for the opportunities to smack nobles around on alderaan.

Ah, yes, now I remember where I got my 50 dark side points. :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jan posted:

Ah, yes, now I remember where I got my 50 dark side points. :v:
I'm pretty sure everyone who plays a BH has those 50 dark side points. :v:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Asimo posted:

I'm pretty sure everyone who plays a BH has those 50 dark side points. :v:

I can't imagine who wouldn't.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Huh, changes to companions achievements wrt affection:

quote:

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on some information regarding changes to Companion Achievements in Knights of the Fallen Empire. As many of you know, Affection is being changed to Influence to coincide with your Character's Alliance. Due to this, we are going to be removing all of the "Reach Max Affection" Achievements from the game, along with the Achievement points which they have granted. We didn't want to create a situation where a very large number of Achievement points was no longer accessible. You can click the spoiler tag below to see a full list of all of the Achievements being removed.

As a note, the Achievements for "Loyalty to the [Class Name], which were granted for maxing Affection for all of that Classes Companions are going to be changed as well. Now, you will complete that Achievement by completing the "Kill x enemies with x as your active Companion" Achievements. To make up for the loss of Achievement points made via these changes, we have also adjusted the following:
We have increased the point values for the “Kill 1,000” Achievements from 5 to 20.
We have added a new “Devotion to the [Class]” Achievement for completing all of the “Kill 1,000” Achievements for a given Class/Faction. When completed, you will be granted the Imperial/Republic Squad Commander title respectively.
We have added “Kill x” Achievements for both ship droids.
Thanks!

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8488988#edit8488988

Weird way to handle it but I guess it makes sense.

Cue people bitching because they spent money/time on maxing out affection.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I can't for the life of me find 'The Ravagers' op, apparently its on Rishi? Also how tough is it in Ziost gear on story mode with 8?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I hope some Stronghold packs go up on the GTN, particularly the Gatekeeper's one. Looking for so much stuff out of that pack.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

maev posted:

I can't for the life of me find 'The Ravagers' op, apparently its on Rishi? Also how tough is it in Ziost gear on story mode with 8?

It's not bad as long as your gear is augmented and people know their classes well. It's on Rishi, underneath the docks. Your best bet is to do it on a group finder day (tomorrow this week, Tuesday next week, etc)

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

maev posted:

When you're heading up the main street in Rishi City, about halfway between the spaceport and cantina there's a stair-ladder down to your left with the operation entrance visible at the end of it. There's also an interactive crate where you can pick up the initial breadcrumb quest and get a jungle sleen mount for finishing it.

Perfectly doable in 190 (or really even 186) if you have any ops experience, though if you're dps I'd recommend augmenting a few pieces to get to 100% accuracy since the Ziost gear doesn't quite hit the mark. If you do it when it's on the group finder rotation (tomorrow?) you'll also get a bolster effect to make it easier. Most people do Bulo (2nd boss) and Master/Blaster (4th) slightly differently from the dulfy.net guide so just ask the group for instructions.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hulk Smash! posted:

Huh, changes to companions achievements wrt affection:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8488988#edit8488988

Weird way to handle it but I guess it makes sense.

Cue people bitching because they spent money/time on maxing out affection.

1) gently caress I did this really recently specifically to prepare for 4.0

2) what happens to companion bonuses for max affection

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

2) what happens to companion bonuses for max affection

Assuming you mean the legacy bonuses, those are for completing the companion's quest, not maxing affection. I imagine those quests will still be around.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

1) gently caress I did this really recently specifically to prepare for 4.0

Same. :( I'd assumed that having max affection now would give some kind of leg up in the expansion.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
so what happens to companion gifts? are they useless post 4.0?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jxforema posted:

so what happens to companion gifts? are they useless post 4.0?

They just build influence, I'm guessing, since they said gifts will still be in the packs.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Affection should still carry over and be a factor in companion combat ability, and the +10 legacy-wide presence bonus for finishing conversation trees will still be there, the change is only to achievement points which is some meaningless number.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Promethium posted:

Affection should still carry over and be a factor in companion combat ability, and the +10 legacy-wide presence bonus for finishing conversation trees will still be there, the change is only to achievement points which is some meaningless number.

So if we've maxed affection, we don't have to max influence all over again? If so, I'm confused as to why they're even bothering with the change then.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

A meaningless number that me and Symala have been grinding like whoah. :)

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Jedi posted:

So if we've maxed affection, we don't have to max influence all over again? If so, I'm confused as to why they're even bothering with the change then.

This is mostly conjecture since I've been avoiding spoilers but it's possible that affection/influence in KotFE will not be capped at 10k.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crafting changes in 4.0

Not only are new Biochem items non reusable, but they're retroactively getting rid of the old reusable ones. That I have a HUGE issue with. :(

Edit - on the positive side, any of your augment kits will be changed to the new highest tier automatically, so stock up on those.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

Crafting changes in 4.0

Not only are new Biochem items non reusable, but they're retroactively getting rid of the old reusable ones. That I have a HUGE issue with. :(

Edit - on the positive side, any of your augment kits will be changed to the new highest tier automatically, so stock up on those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Crafting changes in 4.0

The crafting changes sound pretty cool on the whole in terms of allowing you to a) play pretty princess dress up since all armors are adaptive and b) actually gear up via crafting since you can make story and HM mode equivalent gear by doing personal conquest.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bonds0097 posted:

The crafting changes sound pretty cool on the whole in terms of allowing you to a) play pretty princess dress up since all armors are adaptive and b) actually gear up via crafting since you can make story and HM mode equivalent gear by doing personal conquest.

Yeah, I'm fine with everything except the old reusable nerfs. Not being able to use my reusable level 52 power adrenal won't motivate me to craft non reusable ones, it will just make me not use one period.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Medullah posted:

Crafting changes in 4.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsNJtnUb7c :argh:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Promethium posted:

This was my read of that, too. Hooooopefully you'll get to keep your already-grinded affection points but I don't know. We'll see!

Do we have a sense of how big of an impact affection will have on companion ability? I'm lazy and don't feel like grinding it, so hopefully the game will be perfectly playable with all your companions at zero affection.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

Crafting changes in 4.0

They're removing enhancements from Artifice, but not replacing it with anything. So is Artifice completely useless now?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Do we have a sense of how big of an impact affection will have on companion ability? I'm lazy and don't feel like grinding it, so hopefully the game will be perfectly playable with all your companions at zero affection.

They've said companion ability is based on your level, then presence and approval add bonuses on top of the base effectiveness. Going by how presence currently works by adding flat numerical bonuses, it will probably make a big difference at low levels but become largely irrelevant at high levels.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Crafting changes in 4.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

They're removing enhancements from Artifice, but not replacing it with anything. So is Artifice completely useless now?

They'll still have hilts and relics

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

They'll still have hilts and relics

Truth be told, I completely forgot they could do either of those things.

Also, really happy that they're cleaning up the crafting mats. I always thought it was stupid how some tiers had 3-6 different mats with no real way of gathering a specific one.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

This is how you write a change blog BTW. All changes are clearly itemized and all changes listed are clear and concise. Dan should take lessons from Ahmad.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRrb5xpEpcw

On the bright side, I guess I won't have to feel bad anymore about not having Biochem on my tank main? :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I really like this part:

quote:

Crafters can now make gear equivalent to Story and Hard Mode Operations gear:

This gear can be acquired from their respective Trainer.

This crafted gear, when Reverse Engineered is equivalent to Story Mode Operations gear.

When this Story Mode equivalent gear is Reverse Engineered, a player can acquire the schematic to craft Hard Mode Operations equivalent gear.

This new gear has a guaranteed Reverse Engineer chance.

This new gear is sellable & tradable.

This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals.

This gear does not have set bonuses.

Relics cannot be crafted in this method.
And this part:

quote:

The completion time for Crew Skill Missions has been greatly reduced

• Locked thread