Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm a solipsist, so the reality we all collectively experience is just whatever I think it to be anyway.

Check. Mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Working on it. I've been kind of depressed lately.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I'm in that 49% that felt they had religious revelations. I'm an atheist now though. Depending on how exactly you define it I still might have some religious revelations. Any kind of principle shift feels pretty analogous.

I would, however, define my eventual final conversion away from Christianity as one such religious revelation.

Another thing to consider for that statistic.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Actually, I kind of like this new relatively recent atmosphere of not being guaranteed to be immediately informed I will burn in hell for eternity for sleeping with a woman or w/e.

Also, I am about 100% sure that Nintendo Kid doesn't actually think the lobbying groups are a good thing in themselves. Just that they're a sign of the underlying progressive shift in (at least) western cultures. There wouldn't be a reactionary movement if they didn't have something to react to.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Also did you mean to type don't in that second bit? Reads a bit oddly if so.
I was thinking that too. Like it was supposed to be a double negative, but the second negative was left off. It reads like hating people for being gay is contemptuous because it's hating them for something innate, but thinking women are inferior is not contemptuous. When the latter, being a woman, is also usually considered to at least involve some innate things in this context.

• Locked thread