Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna quit my job, quit school, forget to eat, and just wallow away in a puddle of piss and poo poo because GOD drat the lover's mask quest is tedious as hell.

Which is to say I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

what a shitload of gently caress, op

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'd be sad if you died, op

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Shinjobi posted:

I'm gonna quit my job, quit school, forget to eat, and just wallow away in a puddle of piss and poo poo because GOD drat the lover's mask quest is tedious as hell.

with the new song of double time mechanic it should be ezpz

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I saw that reviews were starting to come out and it took me by surprise because I didn't realize it's RELEASING IN LIKE A WEEK OH gently caress

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm so excited to play the GOAT again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Great Joe posted:

what a shitload of gently caress, op

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Is there anything different other than the gimped zora swimming, or is it just gonna be the same game I already own in 3 different forms with updated graphics?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If Majora's Mask doesn't do it, I'll be sure to finish the job.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

I saw that reviews were starting to come out and it took me by surprise because I didn't realize it's RELEASING IN LIKE A WEEK OH gently caress

the hype for all these sick nasty 3ds games coming out all at once is far too much for my frail nerd body... i need to beef up with some Gamer Fuel

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Not a Children posted:

Is there anything different other than the gimped zora swimming, or is it just gonna be the same game I already own in 3 different forms with updated graphics?

I guess they changed the saving mechanics, now owls are just warp points and there are more of them

the song of double time is no longer just jumping to the next milestone but I guess you can pick when

FISHING HOLES

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

People that need a bunch of reasons to replay Majora's mask deserve to die horribly and I volunteer to provide that for them.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Fun fact, all the fire effects are greatly reduced in the gamecube and virtual console emulations of the game and when a code is used to reverse the effect there is no slowdown caused by it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Right before you die play the song and it resets everything.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Fun fact, all the fire effects are greatly reduced in the gamecube and virtual console emulations of the game and when a code is used to reverse the effect there is no slowdown caused by it.

this is extremely fun to know thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Shinjobi posted:

Honestly it's a pretty short game and you could probably finish it in a weekend if you're dedicated.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Borsche69 posted:

Thank you.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

wow, what a stench. whadda we got here, don?

well, male... that's about all we know right now, the body's been rotting for a while. neighbor called it in after getting a whiff of the smell

looks like a 3ds in his hand there

yeah, lou says to get our lab boys to charge it up to see what he was playing... but dollars to donuts we'll find majora's mask when we light it up.

another mm huh? drat, what's going on with this city?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fronz posted:

Thank you.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Mr. Pumroy posted:

well, male... that's about all we know right now, the body's been rotting for a while. neighbor called it in after getting a whiff of the smell

yeah, lou says to get our lab boys to charge it up to see what he was playing... but dollars to donuts we'll find majora's mask when we light it up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Right before you die play the song and it resets everything.

Sadly I think this wouldn't work unless someone else played it and traveled to the past.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mr. Pumroy posted:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
tbh if you didnt die the first time you played youll probably be alright this time too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mr. Pumroy posted:

is this a creepypasta

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
this game is the thing that made me get a handheld for the first time since the fat DS

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
When you die OP please leave me your copy of Majora's Mask in your will.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Preordered this today OP, even though they seemed to have hosed unduly with the original game. I think this game would have been perfect with just technical updates, but that's just me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

great bay temple is actually not terrible, but that boss sucks and the pirate fortress also

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gonna get this game

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

I said come in! posted:

gonna get this game

came here to post this

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

came here to post this

next time dont

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Dexters Secret posted:

next time dont

sir, i am excited for the release of majora's mask 3d, and there is naught you can do about it. i am going to purchase the game and probably make a post or two about it as well

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm going to buy Monster Hunter 4 first

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Contest Winner posted:

I'm going to buy Monster Hunter 4 first

I was going to buy this, but for N3DSXL and then my order got canceled. :/ Gonna wait for the Wii U version.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

it's just a video game...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

great bay temple is actually not terrible, but that boss sucks and the pirate fortress also

i heard they overhauled the boss completely to be not-terrible

the egg quest for the water temple song does suck loving rear end though, the pirate fortress is alright but the whole eel thing is stupid as hell

i think when they're complaining about the water temple, they're talking about the changes to the ice arrow. instead of being able to freeze any spot on any body of water now you can only freeze certain spots that are highlighted when you draw the ice arrow. it's really loving stupid

• Locked thread