Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

It's in general not a good idea to give money to pet store owners like that, as heartbreaking as it is to walk away from animals in distress. Having said that, you can't change what you've already done, and I'm glad you're giving kitty a nice home where she'll hopefully be healthy and happy.

What are her stools like aside from the blood? Are they well formed turds, or soft and blobby? Are they very dense and hard?

I've seen blood in very soft blobby stools in shelter cats, and we give them five weekly doses of an oral dewormer (Strongid, a yellow liquid that we administer either straight in the mouth or mixed into wet food), which usually clears it up. Some worms are quite small and buried in the poo, so you may not actually see them.
Also I see another cat in your picture there. Did you worm both cats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread