Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
How is Ming Doyle? I might have to give the new Hellblazer title a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wonder if there's a sliver of hope to turn the Justice League United 'TBD' back into Jeff Lemire. It'd be great to have a Lemire/Foreman reunion.

I wonder if we will be getting a Jeff Lemire exclusive announcement from Marvel, as he has no DC work right now.

That Constantine art looks awesome, and I know I will be picking up the first arc.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Has he ever done that before? I feel like he has three or four Image projects this year.

He had a DC exclusive, and the Marvel exclusive does not seem to stop people from doing Image work.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FoneBone posted:

Most of his stuff that I've read strikes me as dull at best; none of it suggests to me that he's a good fit for a humor-driven book.

Read Booster Gold

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

I totally missed that he was the new writer, I'll have to pick that up now.

All the Superbooks are pretty good right now. Thank god they got rid of Lobdell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

What if they just went for a long walk across America

A long pointless walk that they quit midway through?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

I still say if this hadn't turned into Superman being a right wing dickhole it isn't a horrible premise for a comic. I'd read a story about Superman just walking around helping folks out. Pulling cats out of trees, helping poor folks get jobs, whatever, ain't gotta be superpowered crises.

So would I. The idea of Superman just taking a break and walking helping people sounds like something he would do. However, it should not be a 12 part storyline, as it makes him look like sort of a dick if he ignores everything else and just walking around.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

Man has superspeed, if some poo poo pops off he can fly away and fix it and be back before Little Jenny even realizes her kitty is up in the tree.

Yeah, but Grounded if I remember correctly he was ignoring everything other than his stupid walk. I meant that it could be a couple of issues of him doing the mundane stuff and then him a couple of him doing the big. However, that ignores an important part of his character as it would involve him being just Superman and not Superman and Clark.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

I didn't read it myself but didn't the story retcon the reason Supes was acting like a condescending douchebag into him being alien mind controlled or some such bullshit.

That was after JMS left.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

drat tomorrow is the end of Swamp Thing. :(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Except no one is fetishizing Coulson in the SHIELD comic.

He just wants to cuddle.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I hope you don't cuddle the same way that Coulson does, or we will have to get Dutchboy on the case.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

I enjoy that aspect of Tim Drake. His life wasn't changed forever by a tragic event he was seeking vengence for and he never trained for years and years before becoming a crimefighter. He's just a normal teen who realized Batman needed Robin and made the decision, unconnected to any personal reasons, to spend his life helping and protecting people.

Then his entire family was killed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I never get tired of the idea that Deathstroke, a dude who got his rear end handed to him by Nightwing more than once, could take down the Flash and Green Lantern in three pages.

Its due to Deathstroke corrupting Brad Metzer's favorite character.

http://bradmeltzer.com/other-works/how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation-with-the-judas-contract/

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

RIP super-beard

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

God drat it DC, stop letting Paul Levitz write comics.

He is DC's Chris Claremont, but unlike Marvel they have not stopped giving him writing jobs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Claremont had an ongoing title last year.

I like the rest of the world forgot about Nightcrawler.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jiro posted:

Just not some new Constantine clone please.

You mean like the Constantine currently in the DC Universe with the exception of his appearances in Swamp Thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

They'll cancel it due to poo poo sales and blame the lack of interest in the character, not the lack of talent in the writer. I mean seriously, he wrote a few good LOSH stories 30 years ago and hasn't written anything else worth a drat since. I really want to know how good his severance as Publisher was that he keeps getting work. Or who he has dirt on.

I think that the writers under him liked him a lot since he was fair to them, as they got cash whenever one of their creations were on tv.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Unrelated to the Batgirl cover(which I agree, totally awful), but Instead of varients, they should release these theme sets as trading cards.

I would have gotten a hardcover of the Allred's variants

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Name me one male superhero with rape in his origin.

Green Arrow did.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I really liked today's issue of Superman. Nothing super crazy happens, it's just a nice story of Superman and Jimmy pallin' around.

Yeah it just sucks that this is the end of Geoff Johns superman run. He gets him. This new development also looks to be short for the world, as I like the idea of Jimmy being the only person who knows Clark is Superman.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I would be sad but I am so excited to see what Yang does with a real-rear end superhero book.

Oh yeah hopefully we can keep up having three awesome super books.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I just finished rereading Morrison's Batman run and I'm just now seeing the impact New 52 had on his run. I hadn't realized that Dick was still Batman right up until the end, and it is such a shame that it didn't survive. I really hope him and Damien get to team up maybe even as Batman and Robin now that they are going to play it a little looser on continuity. God why couldn't they just let him do his final issues out of continuity.

I am pretty sure that it still would have had Bruce and Damien teaming up as Talia was always the head of Leviathan, and having Dick in the Batman role would make no sense.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Ok, I see the LEGION reboot being important.
LEGIONNAIRES was basically young clone versions of the LEGION, right? Or something?

I love the Legion but trying to figure out all the different versions is a gateway to madness.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Did they ever establish why Tom Taylor stopped writing Injustice? Maybe this had something to do with it.

He got a Marvel contract.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

I swear to god DT if you are saying O'Neill is a bad writer I will destroy you.

Is that a Question?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

But how would Jason Todd have returned if O'Neil never wrote?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't know if O'Neill is a bad writer or not, but he got stagnant on Azrael. His plots became more contrived and stupid as the series went and kind of made Jean Paul toxic for other writers to use.

Or he was the only writer who wanted to use him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

WickedHate posted:

I don't get liking any version of Green Arrow, but your right, he's been loving terrible since the reboot. I blame Arrow and the desire to rip off Iron Man.

You know besides the Lemire run that ended for post 52. Pre 52 was the classic O'Neil/Adams and Grells run.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Question Quarterly is a completely different team if I'm not mistaken. Also they are releasing a trade of that soon, it's already been solicited. There is a story in the trades where Green Arrow appears, is that different than the Annual?

Question Quarterly is written by O'neil

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Surely it would be the day they print the second trade in the run? :v:

They have
http://www.amazon.com/Question-Vol-Poisoned-Ground/dp/1401216935/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1429214691&sr=1-12&keywords=question

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Didio said on twitter one of the convergence spin offs is gonna continue (and that it's probably not Booster Gold because it would be too obvious?). Anyone have a guess which it might be?

I figure if it's gonna be integrated into the New 52 universe then it's probably one of the street level books like The Question or maybe Batgirl (though they brought back Steph in the New 52 and want Barbara headlining the title for the forseeable future so probably not), but I guess if it continues off of Convergence with the more cosmic level of storytelling then maybe Pre-52 Superman or Speed Force (doubtful since DC's history with The Flash family has been nothing if not abusive for the last decade).

Maybe someone else has some better insight than I do, though.

Will not be Question as they are bringing back Renee to the Gotham PD, but she could be doing both.
It could be Superboy and the Legion.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Haven't been following along with it, have they already shown her? Because, technically, Convergence has already happened from the regular universe's perspective, I think (When Superman came back with a beard). Could be this was planned beforehand and that's how they're introducing her.

No she is going to be introduced in the 52 in an upcoming Detective Comics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Of all the convergence spinoff titles this week I only really liked JL and Speed Force. My favorite things they both have in common are The Flashpoint assholes getting some comeuppance. Also Fastback rules. He was basically just if Jay Garrick was around and the older experienced guy again. And also a cartoon turtle.

You did not like Question?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Semper Fudge posted:

God deliver us from more Dan Jurgens Booster Gold stories.

Down with the characters creator!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Okay who is the fan of Donna Troy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I used to be.

Phil Jimenez is the only hold out left, I think.

Looks like the Finch's are as well. Goddamn is she a horrible broken character.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The 52 Constantine was awful and I hope he gets back to awesome character he was. The last time he was good was his appearance in Swamp Thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If the story would be self contained you'd had a point, but they've made clear is fully involved with the rest of the Batman books (they've hyped the meeting of the robins with Gordon for example) making the premise incongruent with the setting.

Yeah but I got the idea that this is a result of Batman's "death" and people are trying to be Robin, and Bruce is not here to stop them.

• Locked thread