Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
So apparently Scott Lobdell's hot new book Doomed is about the adventures of a teenage Doomsday clone....

Who is green lighting this stuff and why are they even wasting the paper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I wouldn't give a lot of weight to that info.

I've only seen it reported by BC and that was pretty much Rich pulling out of his rear end.

The single piece of art makes me think that is more of a creator oriented thing.

Would be cool if it was a series based on the game DOOM

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
With convergence, DC still proves they have no idea what they are doing.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Yes. Lots of talent involved including G.Morrison, Gail Simone, and Rick Remender.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

fatherboxx posted:

Not drawn by Miller/Varley, co-loving-written with DC staffers, movie tie-in - not real Dark Knight.

thats what makes it appealing to me

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Holy poo poo

The new suits look loving awesome :allears:

Thats boss. Lobdell & his crew always know what's up

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
I don't understand why people are so happy about convergence. It doesn't change anything. In fact it just re-cements the new 52 canon as being the only one because now they completely changed/undid Crisis on Infinite Earths so now all of those stories from the 80s-00s NEVER HAPPENED! Those 2 splash pages showing all the planets are showing what the the worlds looked like in the old Universe in the top pics and are showing what they now look like in the bottom parts which very continently represent the what was established in New 52 and Grant Morrisons Multiversity which have now 100% overwritten everything else.

In addition to that the issue makes it clear that many else worlds, unnecessary alternative worlds, and redundancies would be going to their doom. Braniac even says "Many of you will return to your deaths...to worlds with no tomorrow". That's basically why Parallax and the Post-Crisis Superman are all like gently caress this at least we'll go out fighting and go back to COIE with Flash and Supergirl.

Also as an aside, what makes no sense is it shows Earth 2 with the new 52 versions of the characters on the splash page but then 2 pages later the Earth 2 heroes are still stuck on Telos's earth and are all like "what about us?!" And then telos says "here this can be your new earth 2". So does that mean there are now 2 Earth 2s with the new 52 version of Earth 2 heroes? Or was that splash page not meant to be taken literally as happening at the same time?

Alucard Nacirema fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 28, 2015

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Teenage Fansub posted:

I don't think it's that thought out. From interviews, it sounds like he's just using his own idea of a classic JL team which won't be influenced or have an influence on any other book.
Too bad it didn't get a Sneak Peek.

But he has Cyborg as the 7th. member and everyone is wearing their new 52 outfits

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Hob_Gadling posted:

This DC obsession of explaining away changes in continuity is the same sort of pestilence as origin stories in superhero movies. No one cares. Just write good comics and all is well. Why on earth do they think it matters?

I need to know whats canon and whats not. I don't like buying things that aren't part of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
What happened to the books Mystic U and Dark Universe. Did they get cancelled?

• Locked thread