Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

Interestingly, there are no ALL-STAR, LEGENDARY CREATOR type announces, it is going to hurt, surpsingly small amount of Geoff Johns also. A lot of old farts and Lobdell :barf:

I dunno, I feel like Hitch doing a Justice League book is the Big Blockbuster Book announcement that's gonna sell by the truckload, but DC's thrown it in the middle of every other piece of news because I guess unlike Marvel they don't know how to milk announcements for all they're worth (which to be honest I'm thankful for).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

Not drawn by Miller/Varley, co-loving-written with DC staffers, movie tie-in - not real Dark Knight.

That's what makes it sound good

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

I am so in on Midnighter.

I love how by the third panel of the preview they just scream at you "THIS MAN JUST HAD GAY SEX WITH A GAY MAN THIS MAN IS GAY." I love how into making a Gay superhero comic they are.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
okay quick PSA

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY ANY OF THE CONVERGENCE TIE-IN ISSUES TO GET THE PREVIEWS

THEY'RE AVAILABLE FOR FREE ON COMIXOLOGY, ALONG WITH DIVERGENCE (THEIR FCBD BOOK)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I've now read all the previews, and : I honestly did not expect Prez to take this almost 2000 A.D.-like dark satirical turn but I am so glad it's there and it's the direction the book is gonna go in.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
There's a boldness to doing a strict 9-grid hostage execution of a fan-favorite character that's got me at least pretty interested in Omega Men. And Tom King's work on Grayson only solidifies that.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I don't know what DC is doing with Constantine BUT

quote:

Written by MING DOYLE and JAMES TYNION IV
Art by VANESA DEL REY
Cover by RILEY ROSSMO
1:25 Variant cover by KEVIN WADA
On sale AUGUST 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
Someone is murdering ghosts, a supernatural crime so impossible to solve that John Constantine is forced to return to London and seek help from the one person he hates more than any other; a magician above reproach, a darling of London high society, and a friend to superheroes everywhere. She is Georgiana Snow…the HECKBLAZER!

this is amazing and I love comic books

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Was Constantine always this cavalier regarding the whole getting ladies skinned alive by demons from another world thing? Because if so, I think the new Constantine book will be alright.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Black Canary is the closest thing we will ever get to a Corin Tucker comic, and I want all of it.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so I guess this is what DC's half-page ads look like

god loving damnit this company it's one step forward, an incredible and yet totally believable amount of steps back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

• Locked thread