Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

NutritiousSnack posted:

No one is saying this and it's kinda loving funny how loving blind you are to what happened. The cover got criticized. The author quite clearly never wanted it in the first place. The artist in his twitter feed is fending off idiots on twitter and is being told to die and various other things. DC cancels the cover because of the fight over it. DC isn't dumb and is giving the political high road on it. People where offended and those people got sent THREATS. Saying it's because the artist was uncomfortable now because of being put in the middle of this is bad, because that opens the door for clowns to send more death threats and harass employees.

One actual look at the CHANGETHECOVER hashtag is nothing but flame wars and funny to disgusting photoshops.

Memes are pulled out...no..

I'm curious now, what was Cameron Stewart saying about the cover before it was pulled? And what is this grand twitter timeline you've got that proves some elaborate conspiracy about an artist lying about getting harassed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's clear from his twitter feed he was getting dogpiled and harassed this isn't conspiracy theory. PR speak isn't third level, trilateral commission speak

but i'm an mra pua manchild and gamergator and I hate women, and I'm not laughing at this subforum and everyone in this for acting like children when exposed to something they didn't like.

I already said it but it was typical "I didn't approve this" type stuff. He never called the artist sexist or whatever. And then when it was pulled he said didn't fit the tone of his book.

It why I'm loving laughing at all this and the response from this thread, that they are surprised and suspicious that Twitter is garbage when it accomplished a goal with they agree with for once.

I'm glad you came into this thread to teach everyone how wrong they were about a batgirl alt-cover twitter conspiracy.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

NutritiousSnack posted:

The only ones talking about a twitter conspiracy theory are you because you don't agree with what I'm saying, and internet debate is for clowns.

I don't see how it's any more insane to take what an artist says at face value when he says he was "not harassed" on twitter than to think he was harassed into saying he wasn't harassed. :shrug:

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 17, 2015

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Alouicious posted:

Hey BottledBodhisvata what's your favorite comic book series currently going?

Who even has time to read comics when you're fighting the war against misandry on the internet?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Alucard Nacirema posted:

I don't understand why people are so happy about convergence. It doesn't change anything. In fact it just re-cements the new 52 canon as being the only one because now they completely changed/undid Crisis on Infinite Earths so now all of those stories from the 80s-00s NEVER HAPPENED! Those 2 splash pages showing all the planets are showing what the the worlds looked like in the old Universe in the top pics and are showing what they now look like in the bottom parts which very continently represent the what was established in New 52 and Grant Morrisons Multiversity which have now 100% overwritten everything else.

What changes caused by Crisis on Infinite Earths were even still in place? There's been a multiverse again for 9 years. Supergirl has been a Kara Zor-El again for 11. Barry's been alive for 7. All those stories you loved from the 80s-00s have been drifting in and out of continuity since they were published and most of them were already firmly fenced off as "not canon" by the nu52. The most popular/beloved ones are still in continuity because DC wants to keep reprinting them to make money. And now the nu52 have been officially ordained as "not any more or less canon than any other possibility ever". They all still have their own stories but now if you don't like a part you can just not give a poo poo. Or, you know, do that anyway because ultimately you're just reading 70 years of fanboys jizzing onto a page so why take it seriously?

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 29, 2015

• Locked thread