Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Literally The Worst posted:

Sure it's called Hitman #34 and JLA/Hitman.

It's called not making GBS threads where he eats and it's a ridiculous stretch every time it comes up.

Ennis loves Superman just look at these two times he wrote him under an editor's supervision and ignore every superman analogue he's ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, that's why I was hoping for stuff he's actually said about the matter.

He's smart enough to not come out and say one way or another but has repeatedly expressed that he doesn't get the appeal and wishes he could sell his spy, western and war stories without having to put a superhero hook in them. I do to.

Ennis doesn't like super heroes but here the big thing, that's okay. I really don't get why some people will bend over backwards to turn him into a double secret triple agent ready to open his shirt revealing an "I :h: superheroes" chest tattoo.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

gfanikf posted:

Wait why was Warners going to shut down DC or just fold them into a Warner Books or something?

Because comics don't make money anymore for a number of reasons including clinging to the shambling corpse of print media, specialty shops and letting one company monopolize product shipping.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 19, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

catlord posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm one of the few that cares about him at all nowadays, but my first thought was "Wonder Woman stole Azrael's gauntlets."

And Barda's top.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Zachack posted:

I imagine it will be quite popular given that it looks a lot like a recolored Lady Sif outfit frim the movies.

Oh that's where I'd seen it before.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Yeah DC is going to double dip and put out a poster to try and grab some of that sweet angry nerd money.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

If you want to keep paper comics then prepare for poo poo like that to come around eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Why would you do that? :psyduck:

Because print is dead as gently caress, a giant money sink and only getting worse as time goes on. They will have to hit 3/4 page ads to keep the boat afloat and the other quarter will be Superman driving a Toyota talking about how safe and reliable it is.

• Locked thread