Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Yeah, that is a super smart idea. I was pretty down on the announcement yesterday because I only saw 3-4 new books that looked like must-pulls, but if I can get a decent preview of everything before June, I'm sure I can find some other stuff to try out.

I was hoping the relaunch would help replenish my pull list, because at one point I was pulling over two dozen DC books, but I've dropped a ton over the past year, and I was looking at dropping a few more if their current arcs didn't improve, which would have brought down to like, six pulls.

Still wish there was a Zatanna solo book though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

So does anyone know if Convergence #0 is going to be the primer for the event that tells you everything you need to know, or do I need to try and figure out what's going on in Future's End and all these other series I haven't been reading that are apparently related to Convergence?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I would have to say Convergence #0 was pretty good because I didn't read Future's End or World's End and I still feel like I have a decent idea of what is going on.

Dunbar fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 2, 2015

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

My story, which is a DC heavy store, has sold out of every mini and has had to reorder. The owner said he's selling more issues of the miniseries than he ever sells of the regular series featuring the same characters. So it's been a really unexpected success for them. People seem to understand what's going on with Convergence much better than with Secret Wars, which doesn't have many advance orders/pulls.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

It's DC heavy in the sense that they sell more DC stuff, not stock more. They stock everything evenly.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Looks like a big time Superman crossover will start in July. Action, Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman all have the same arc listed. Wonder what that's about.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Are there any good annotations for Convergence? I'm keeping up with the main series but I'll be damned if I know who more than about 30% of these characters are.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I really liked Batman #40 and Justice League #40 did as much to get me hyped for a big story I knew nothing about as a single prologue issue could possibly do.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

If I've never read any Green Lantern stuff before, can I read just the main GL series in New 52, or am I going to have to read the other associated/family series to understand what's going on?

I'm looking for a new New 52 series to start, and the choices so far are Flash, Catwoman, and Green Lantern. I figure the former two can be read independently without much trouble, but I wasn't sure about Green Lantern.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I thought all the previews were meant to be excerpted from actual comics. Were they created specifically for these Convergence sneak peeks?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

The only new books I've added to pulls so far are Black Canary and Starfire. I'm probably going to add Dark Universe and Martian Manhunter unless the #1 issues are terrible. Other than that, nothing else from the new books interests me. I've been pretty disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

It sounds to me like they've designated a certain # of books to be part of the larger DC universe continuity and a certain number to be standalone, which I think is a great idea, but I wish they signified which is which somehow.

• Locked thread