Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

Can people stop responding to DarkTitsAnime and just post about the books announced.

SORRY MOOOOOOOOOOOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Literally the first time they existed in the Not52.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Literally The Worst posted:

Because DC really made sure to start from scratch in 2011.

Who gives a poo poo how it fits into this ungodly clusterfuck of continuity? The existing books barely do.

Mostly it's that of all the things they would bother to keep from pre-Flashpoint, Hitman seems like he'd be pretty low on the list.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soonmot posted:

Qft as much as i dislike the new Batgirl and academy books, they reach an audience that can only be good for the hubby's longevity. If DC turns into a company that puts out books i ends up reading again, that's a win!
What's wrong with your hubby that his life is DC's hands?? :ohdear:

Rhyno posted:

BTW I do this every loving day so I guess I too am the scumbag.
You're just asking for it, man.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe listen to the woman who was horribly victimized by this scumbag retailer and thought it was helpful and friendly, instead of trying to tell her how she's supposed to be horribly offended.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm curious if you guys know what "hack" actually means or are just using it in place of "bad writer/writer I don't like." There's plenty you can reasonably poo poo on Ennis for, but he's anything but a hack.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah it's a spy book that's very much trying to pander to a certain audience and seemingly alienating a lot of long time Grayson fans but Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD it is not. Maybe like Agents of SHIELD.

Except no one is fetishizing Coulson in the SHIELD comic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

Coulson's always been a fetishized character, he's a balding middle aged white dude with the power to be super amazing at everything and friends with all your heroes.

COULSON IS WAID.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

He just wants to cuddle.

Me too. :smith:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

I like BSS! It's like, 75% why I got an SA account.
Identity Crisis is a monster.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #1
Written by DARK_TZITZIMINE
Art by DARK_TZITZIMINE
Cover by DARK_TZITZIMINE
1:25 Variant cover by DARK_TZITZIMINE
Red Hood and the Outlaws are all now anime women with giant breasts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

At least Jason Todd is a DC comics character, which DT is not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why would I consider gay people kissing unacceptable?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here DT and BB, sign this: https://www.change.org/p/dc-comics-print-joker-batgirl-variant-cover?just_created=true

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why are people who like the cover acting like the art suddenly disappears? You can download it all over the place with all the press it's getting. It doesn't even have trade dress getting in the way of things if you love it so much!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well it wasn't him so much as the crowd from Bleeding Cool that followed.

Why are you friends with Rich Johnston?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, Gavok, do you like Toejam and Earl? It seems like a series that's kind of your jam, if you'll forgive the assumption. I'm assuming you've heard about the recent kickstarter?

Oh god please someone help me change the topic of conversation

Man, I hope this succeeds. That was one of my favorite games and two of my biggest disappointments.

Yes, I've put my money where my mouth is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been saying that since it came out!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

It also reminds me that in an attempt to distinguish between Wally and Barry they gave Wally a costume designed to look like the costume from the 1990's TV series.
It's not really the same as any other costume he's had before and is really just a tweak of what he was wearing before Barry returned.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Everyone should read Cry for Justice just so DC's output doesn't seem *that* bad.

But do it in a way that doesn't involve giving DC money and encouraging them. Like, read it at a Borders or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I DID SAY "OR SOMETHING"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dreqqus posted:

Didn't O'Neal intend Azrael to be a parody /condemnation of the 90s anti-hero Image-ification trend in comics at the time? That's always how I read it, but I didn't read it til the early 2000s.
Well. They had the plan to replace Bruce with a 90s badass whatever, but they needed to introduce him, so Sword of Azrael was put together. I doubt they'd get hot, upcoming artist Joe Quesada to do the art if it was intended as a throwaway parody, but what do I know.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Senor Candle posted:

I swear to god DT if you are saying O'Neil is a bad writer I will destroy you.

EDIT: I got the name mixed up because I've been watching Stargate lately.

He's no Lobdell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dreqqus posted:

Dammit I can only hope someone says something that kind about me sometime.

You're no DT.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

His glove reminds me of the power gloves the Planeteers got in that one episode of Captain Planet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That Wednesday Comics hardcover is one of two books I have that won't stand up in an Expedit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, that's how I have mine, but the Expedit is a few inches from the wall so it *just* sits flush.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When I imagine a modern DC comic, the art looks like a hybrid of Jurgens and Lee. I can't really think of a modern Marvel art look. It is, of course, unfair to say all of DC looks like that, but that I can imagine it is pretty telling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And to round up the cast, Roy's re-design

It seems it will ditch the hat :smith:

Just change the stupid hairdo and we're gold.
That sure does look like a dude in red body armor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Squarejaw McHaljordon
Mods, namechange please.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Semper Fudge posted:

Anyone who has a problem with modeling Constantine after Bowie has a problem with me.

I got a biiiig problem with you then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well there's $19.80 well-spent.

• Locked thread