Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Linux Nazi posted:

Is there going to be any kind of single-player career path like the GT games? Or is it more of a Sim sandbox thing like AC?

There's a very comprehensive multi season career mode.

Think something like Grid Autosport but better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Thanks for the heads up about the career options, guys. I am buying this game no matter what, cause I'm a sucker for racing sims.

Black Baby Goku posted:

tell me a racing wheel for PC to buy

G27 works pretty well, but be sure to download and install the old version of the Logitech game profiler software specific for it, since the new versions of the profiler (for things like the G13 and more recent mice) doesn't manage the wheel.

Otherwise, it's a quality FF wheel that works with everything for under $300. Use the money you save to buy a racing seat off of craigslist and assemble a proper racing setup, thus bringing shame upon your family (but a smile on your face).

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Have there been any updates on what the final car list at release is going to be? They're already trimming stuff away into preorder DLC so there's little chance that everything in the list in the OP is going to be there, and the official site seems to lack details on content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whoops, delayed again, new release date is April 2nd. This game is literally the Gran Turismo of next-gen racing games.

I don't understand the delay though. As someone who gets to play it right now, there is nothing wrong with PCARS.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 18, 2015

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

It sounds like it was the publisher's decision this time, and not based on any issues the development. Probably just some sort of scheduling thing or avoiding releasing at the same time as something else.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
April 2nd is at the start of Easter. Guess Sony / others want this to be a big marque game, so releasing it when maximum possible sales and hype.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Two weeks isn't terrible. Although Reddit is flipping out about it though.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ford Focus on the cars list but not a single Corvette/Chevy? Oh.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I think sony might have a hand in this as said above. After the DriveClub fiasco I think they're hoping they can bank on this.

The game is in good shape now though. Looking forward to it launching so MP is lives a bit.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
They probably missed going gold by a few days. As far as delays go, this is the least dramatic or worrisome kind.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

If people weren't playing the game as we speak it would be cause for concern.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I said come in! posted:

Whoops, delayed again, new release date is April 2nd. This game is literally the Gran Turismo of next-gen racing games.

I don't understand the delay though. As someone who gets to play it right now, there is nothing wrong with PCARS.

My guess is there's a couple of extra licencing agreements for things made that can be tied up in the extra fortnight.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

3 more weeks to go. Nothing new to talk about and probably won't be until launch. :/ Other then the announcement of the game going gold.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

3 more weeks to go. Nothing new to talk about and probably won't be until launch. :/ Other then the announcement of the game going gold.

I thought this was the "went gold!" post. :saddowns:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

I thought this was the "went gold!" post. :saddowns:

I wish. :saddowns: So excited for this game to be finished. Been testing it since 2011, so just ready for it to be done and for everyone to get a chance to play it. PCARS is such a good sim and the sim racing community is going to love it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

I wish. :saddowns: So excited for this game to be finished. Been testing it since 2011, so just ready for it to be done and for everyone to get a chance to play it. PCARS is such a good sim and the sim racing community is going to love it.

They've shown off fully completed versions of the game last week and the Playstation Channel uploaded a new video today detailing the career mode. I'm taking that as a positive sign that April 7th is for real.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay so new information came out this morning. There's been a change of plans for people who helped kickstart PCARS. Choice of platform is no longer an option, everyone gets either a Steam discount or the PC version for free. Sucks for me because my PC can't play PCARS very well. I wanted the PS4 version. I guess i'm gonna own two copies. :homebrew:

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Okay so new information came out this morning. There's been a change of plans for people who helped kickstart PCARS. Choice of platform is no longer an option, everyone gets either a Steam discount or the PC version for free. Sucks for me because my PC can't play PCARS very well. I wanted the PS4 version. I guess i'm gonna own two copies. :homebrew:

WMD Forum Post posted:

Members who are unhappy with this solution are of course free to take advantage of a full refund

Well, you might be able to get them to paypal you back your initial investment, that you can just spend on the PS4 version.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's cool of them. I'll be getting it on the ps4.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
And now it's been delayed until May. Sorry, but I've officially lost interest in this game until next winter when I hope to build my new computer. I might pick it up when it goes on the inevitable holiday sale, or I might just stick to iRacing, rF2 and AC.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

CaseFace McGee posted:

And now it's been delayed until May. Sorry, but I've officially lost interest in this game until next winter when I hope to build my new computer. I might pick it up when it goes on the inevitable holiday sale, or I might just stick to iRacing, rF2 and AC.

This game is a disaster. Last time I remember being excited for a game that kept getting delayed I ended up with GT5.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

GutBomb posted:

This game is a disaster. Last time I remember being excited for a game that kept getting delayed I ended up with GT5.

Same, its the game that made me purchase and subsequently sell my PS3.

I'd rather they release the game in the most complete state possible, but I don't have nearly enough faith that the delays will result in anything other than an unfinished game merely staving off inevitable half baked release. Is it okay to cry? Will it make me any less of man?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh well. I'm fine with delays, but not these piece meal ones. That's irritating.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nerdrock posted:

Well, you might be able to get them to paypal you back your initial investment, that you can just spend on the PS4 version.

Nah, I forgot that I get money when copies of this game sell. So my PS4 copy will be free anyways.

CaseFace McGee posted:

And now it's been delayed until May.

God has abandoned us. On the plus side the Nurburgring got added to Assetto Corsa today.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Oh well. I'm fine with delays, but not these piece meal ones. That's irritating.

this poo poo sucks

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

I said come in! posted:

God has abandoned us. On the plus side the Nurburgring got added to Assetto Corsa today.

Did the 1.1 update actually fix anything or did just just dump more cars and tracks into it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Did the 1.1 update actually fix anything or did just just dump more cars and tracks into it?

I am not sure. I am actually going to play AC right now to see. Just waiting for my PC to get done installing Windows updates.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

I said come in! posted:

I am not sure. I am actually going to play AC right now to see. Just waiting for my PC to get done installing Windows updates.

Righteous, much obliged. I can't take a peek until I'm off work. As petty as it sounds, the seeming inability to get smooth gameplay with high end hardware has probably turned me off to the game more than the lack of content.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

Righteous, much obliged. I can't take a peek until I'm off work. As petty as it sounds, the seeming inability to get smooth gameplay with high end hardware has probably turned me off to the game more than the lack of content.

If you're talking about AC then turning down reflections a tick made it much better for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr SoupTeeth posted:

My computer is a piece of poo poo, I only have a GTX 460. So if I turn off any aliasing effects, and turn off post-processing effects I can get 60fps at 1080p. AC still looks nice too. I just raced on the ring and it was pretty sweet.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

I said come in! posted:

My computer is a piece of poo poo, I only have a GTX 460. So if I turn off any aliasing effects, and turn off post-processing effects I can get 60fps at 1080p. AC still looks nice too. I just raced on the ring and it was pretty sweet.

My issue is with the average and minimum framerate and keeping it near my monitor's refresh. To keep in min above 60 entails an average of well over 85+ which introduces its own issues. What works decent for an 8 car grid tanks it at 20 and tailoring settings for each type of event is obnoxious. It's all tied to the reflections and smoke effects, even tried limiting the FPS with reduced settings and that just makes the stuttering worse.

Mr SoupTeeth fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 11, 2015

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
They said in the AC update that AI was improved, can anyone comment on it? Are they no longer brain dead?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm reading that pcars is being held up due to certification poo poo, licenses, and minor bugs. Makes sense if they keep going for these small delays.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just noticed that PCARS does not have a firm release date anymore. Sometime in May 2015 is all that we got now. The original release date in the OP was March 17. :cripes:

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Yeah, it got pushed back again a couple of weeks ago. YouTube videos that I'd been following seemed like the game still had a lot of things that needed to be polished up. I'm willing to wait a couple of months if the game is good. I'm looking forward to this one.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

JaysonAych posted:

Yeah, it got pushed back again a couple of weeks ago. YouTube videos that I'd been following seemed like the game still had a lot of things that needed to be polished up. I'm willing to wait a couple of months if the game is good. I'm looking forward to this one.

Odd. I've seen a lot of talk about how the game is practically done.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I last played back in February, and that build was rock solid. It can't be licensing issues at this point can it? Maybe I should load the game up again and see where its at, but I really do think its ready to go.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I've not played any of the builds, but I saw some fairly recent vids that had some things not finished in the menus and some frame rate issues, but maybe they were earlier builds that were just posted recently.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Logitech G27 on sale for $166 bucks plus free shipping. Helluva deal.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=45959&vpn=941-000045&manufacture=Logitech&promoid=1202

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh gosh I really want this. Thanks for the link.

• Locked thread