Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
A cursory Google search shows that that's as cheap as it gets for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Although the game has been delayed to mid-May, I noticed on my PlayStation account that the release date is Wednesday 6th May, so about a week earlier than expected.

The vague release date might just be due to the need to get the discs made for the console versions, and they need to wait for an opening in the factory's schedule. The same thing happened with Gran Turismo 5 when it was delayed once again, shortly before it was supposed to release.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

A cursory Google search shows that that's as cheap as it gets for it.

Yeah. I bought mine for 10 bucks more than that and it was used. I still feel I got a great deal.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
SMS are also giving us free DLC cars as a thank you for being patient. I accidently got reabsorbed into modded Minecraft so they could have delayed to 2017 and I wouldn't have noticed. :v:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
14 minutes of new footage from the ps4 version.
https://youtu.be/lSbuVotiApQ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

14 minutes of new footage from the ps4 version.
https://youtu.be/lSbuVotiApQ

Looks way better then it does on my PC.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya game looks fuckin dope.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
Really wondering how the Xbox One version is going to hold up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAILURE posted:

Really wondering how the Xbox One version is going to hold up.

Confirmed today as 900p60fps

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Actually more curious about the Wii U version and why there is even going to be a Wii U version.

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Actually more curious about the Wii U version and why there is even going to be a Wii U version.

I've just always expected it to get cancelled.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAILURE posted:

I've just always expected it to get cancelled.

I hope SMS will at least do real cool stuff with the controller.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Andy Tudor posted the hex code or whatever for gold. It's likely pcars has officially gone off to the presses.

advion
Jul 25, 2005
Doesn't make sense. At least I hope it doesn't since we've still been doing pit entry and exit QA lately and the car pathing is still quite horrible among other issues and things still partially implemented.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:siren:
Project CARS releases on May 8th!!!!!!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/16/new-project-cars-release-date-confirmed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L5qZdo8584

Hail Satan

bloops fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 16, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In before another delay.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Safe bet to just buy the PC versio

advion posted:

Doesn't make sense. At least I hope it doesn't since we've still been doing pit entry and exit QA lately and the car pathing is still quite horrible among other issues and things still partially implemented.

Odds are they are throwing all resources at the console versions atm.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Hey come in! Haven't seen you since GTCC Forza 4 days a couple years ago. :)

I'm going to be getting in on pCARS to try and relive said GTCC days, and need to get me a wheel for my PC. What's a fair-priced wheel/pedal set? My frame of reference is the cheap/crap Microsoft wheel they made for 360. I'm not looking to go super-pro $500 wheel $200 pedal like a Fanatec or anything, but between the Logitech and Thrustmaster options maybe which one works the best with pCARS?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I just realised pcars reminds me of the old toca race driver games if codemasters had stuck at making them instead of going with that grid garbage. The only jarring thing to me as a motorsport sperg is the lack of real names on things like masculine instead of michelin.

Although i'm realy hoping that the pc version has a good mod community so those little things wont matter.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

LiquidRain posted:

I'm going to be getting in on pCARS to try and relive said GTCC days, and need to get me a wheel for my PC. What's a fair-priced wheel/pedal set? My frame of reference is the cheap/crap Microsoft wheel they made for 360. I'm not looking to go super-pro $500 wheel $200 pedal like a Fanatec or anything, but between the Logitech and Thrustmaster options maybe which one works the best with pCARS?

Logitech g27.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LiquidRain posted:

I want to buy an Xbox One for Forza 6, but I don't know yet. I really miss the Forza series. :/ I get PCARS for PC with all of the DLC for free, but my PC isn't that good so I'm gonna buy this for PS4.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I want to buy an Xbox One for Forza 6, but I don't know yet. I really miss the Forza series. :/ I get PCARS for PC with all of the DLC for free, but my PC isn't that good so I'm gonna buy this for PS4.

I bought my Xbox One strictly for Forza games.

I love racing sims, but loving hell if I don't love car collection games!

Mad at myself for getting a G27 for my PC and finding I love using wheels in racing games. (Up to this year I always used controllers)

Now I'm trying to find a solution for PC/PS4/XBone. :(

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The Project Cars website has clarified the release dates:

quote:

PLAYSTATION 4 BOXED & DIGITAL
XBOX ONE BOXED & DIGITAL
PC BOXED

MAY 7TH
Europe & Australasia

MAY 8TH
United Kingdom

MAY 12TH
United States & Canada

STEAM

MAY 7TH
MIDNIGHT WORLDWIDE RELEASE

Europe
Australasia
United Kingdom
United States
Canada

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Pretty sure the gold release - or at least something very close to it - is on Steam now as well. 11.8GB "patch".

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

Norns posted:

I bought my Xbox One strictly for Forza games.

I love racing sims, but loving hell if I don't love car collection games!

Mad at myself for getting a G27 for my PC and finding I love using wheels in racing games. (Up to this year I always used controllers)

Now I'm trying to find a solution for PC/PS4/XBone. :(

Without buying multiple full wheels your only real solution is the Fanatec CSW v2, common wheelbase with separate wheels for Xbox One and PS4 (I believe either work with PC). All in that's over $1000 though.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I said come in! posted:

I miss GTCC more than Forza so far, but I don't think I'll be going Xbone at all, if ever. I've played with the Oculus Rift. I need it. I need it. And that means a PC. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

LiquidRain posted:

I miss GTCC more than Forza so far, but I don't think I'll be going Xbone at all, if ever. I've played with the Oculus Rift. I need it. I need it. And that means a PC. :)

I want to get the Morpheus myself. I hope we find out more about both devices at E3 this year.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Will this game be fun for someone who really liked the original Grid and only plays with 360 controller? How customizable is it in terms of realism?

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

Will this game be fun for someone who really liked the original Grid and only plays with 360 controller? How customizable is it in terms of realism?
Kind of wondering a similar thing. Long time fan of Gran Turismo that has gotten jaded on their lack of damage model/more cars (in the actual races, obviously they have a lot of cars to pick from) that is debating whether Project CARS will be worth the buy given that I will be using a controller. I'd assume with their console releases the PC ought to have options, but I'd feel more comfortable with confirmation by someone who has actually been playing the test builds.

Also, anyone have an idea how competitive a controller vs. wheel setups will be for online play in Project CARS?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

bUm posted:

Kind of wondering a similar thing. Long time fan of Gran Turismo that has gotten jaded on their lack of damage model/more cars (in the actual races, obviously they have a lot of cars to pick from) that is debating whether Project CARS will be worth the buy given that I will be using a controller. I'd assume with their console releases the PC ought to have options, but I'd feel more comfortable with confirmation by someone who has actually been playing the test builds.

Also, anyone have an idea how competitive a controller vs. wheel setups will be for online play in Project CARS?

It scales really well. I played for a while on controller, and wheel and it was completely playable on both. Controller took some tweaking, but there are lots of options to tweak so it's full customizable.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bUm posted:

Gamepad users compare fairly well against wheel drivers. Speaking from playing lots of Forza, I've cracked into the top 500 on leaderboards using a gamepad.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Mootallica posted:

Pretty sure the gold release - or at least something very close to it - is on Steam now as well. 11.8GB "patch".

Yeah it looks like the version on Steam now is basically the release version. I played it for a couple hours and still saw a few glitches, mainly minor UI problems and AI cars sometimes having trouble using the pit lane. I hope the online play ends up being decent.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

LiquidRain posted:

I'm all for this too. I forsee much in the way of BMW E30 M3, Mercedes 190E, Sierra Cosworth racing.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
GTCC Group 2 Best Group 2 checking in. I picked up pCars for the PC because 1.) I don't have my 360 hooked up or have Gold anymore, 2.) PC stuff is awesome and 3.) Can't afford an Xbone.

Can MP games be created by anyone, or do we need servers?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I heard something about a snow track a while back, did that get cut?

And I assume that Indy and stock car stuff I've heard about is going to be dlc?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There was no snow track in Project CARS. There was talk in early 2012 of DLC for off track rally racing, but I have no idea if that's still going to happen.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Digital Foundry posted a tech analysis of a supposedly RTM build for Xbone/PS4. Apparently it was an early Feb build, which they got through a miscommunication. Anyway, issues with frame rate and tearing, although SMS fixed a lot of rendering issues in later builds. We'll see how the actual release is.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Mootallica posted:

We've apparently had the gold version for a couple weeks now and the 11GB patch is an error on their end.

From the Forums

"It shouldn't be so big guys sorry, something has gone wrong. We're struggling a bit to find the time to look into it with everything else going on - it won't do any harm to install it, but it certainly shouldn't be that size as very little has changed."

"As already mentioned by Mr Garton the last build resulted in an 11GB ish payload. This is the result of moving our build process data over to a new internal branch for D1P, unfortunately this means internal data changes to a number of files across the project mainly due to local file timestamps. This is something we need to address as part of the build process when uploading to steam, which would mean adding a pre-processing layer to resolve target data file changes that would affect Steams differencing system resulting in needlessly large download sizes. This is something we can resolve, but it's going to take a week or so to get this in place and test."

"For visibility btw - the PC Gold (DVD) build was basically equivalent (but not identical) to WMD build 971. The day one patch is therefore the cumulative contents of builds 972-987."

advion fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 20, 2015

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Norns posted:

I heard something about a snow track a while back, did that get cut?

And I assume that Indy and stock car stuff I've heard about is going to be dlc?

There was a point to point track in snowy mountains in development. I don't think it past early concepts, but it caused a big freakout because a portion of the backers believed that snow should only exist in arcade games and snow became sort of a joke on the development forums

Oval racing got moved to a future DLC, there were some WIP ovals in the game at one point but I think all that's in the release version is a road course configuration of a 90s stock car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kickstarter backers are terrible people.

• Locked thread