Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advion
Jul 25, 2005
It's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Heads up, this game is $37.49 in greenmangaming's vip section

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
poo poo. I. Might grab a copy pc and ps4 then.

Who's getting it in what system?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

PS4 and PC here.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I can't resist that price on PC

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ethanol posted:

Heads up, this game is $37.49 in greenmangaming's vip section

poo poo, that is a great price. Everyone do this.

holocaust bloopers posted:

PC and PS4.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I just bought it from GMG for the $37.49.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Pre ordered on Steam here

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bought on GMG

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Pc

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also picked up a copy on GMG, thanks

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Well that was a nice surprise, guess I just pre-ordered that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We're like two weeks away from Project Cars. This is great.

So I've read about possible Indy car dlc. Anything else hinted at?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'll be getting it on PS4.

We're like two weeks away from Project Cars. This is great.

So I've read about possible Indy car dlc. Anything else hinted at?

About a year ago they said there would be IndyCars but I'm not finding concrete since then except speculation on what we'll see and when.

quote:

To go along with [Indianapolis Motor Speedway], players will be given access to all cars and drivers of the 2015 IndyCar Series season, featuring the series’ Dallara-built DW12 open wheeler. Powered by 2.2l V6 turbo-charged engines from different manufacturers, the DW12 is used by all IndyCar teams in various configurations for both oval and road-racing.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 22, 2015

FAILURE
Jan 28, 2004

If I am not me, den who da hell am I?
I guess I'm the lone Xbox One buyer.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

FAILURE posted:

I guess I'm the lone Xbox One buyer.

In the whole world :v:

But yeah, probably still not going to bother with this one until next winter, unless iRacing releases even more kickass stuff in which case I'll be living that sweet new iRacing UI they demo'd a little while back.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I tried out a very old 'rental copy' and the game owns. If it has the ability at launch to do full race weekends with full practice, full qualifying, and full races with pitcrews like this release has options for (they don't work), I am sooooo ready for this game

deebo
Jan 21, 2004

Grabbed a copy.

From what i can tell there is only cosmetic modding and no manual pit stops which is a bit dissapointing..

but it has Bathurst and superkarts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBg6G3jqBs

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

deebo posted:

Grabbed a copy.

From what i can tell there is only cosmetic modding and no manual pit stops which is a bit dissapointing..

but it has Bathurst and superkarts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBg6G3jqBs

What do you mean by manual pitstops?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

ethanol posted:

What do you mean by manual pitstops?
Having complete control of the vehicle after you cross the pit entry line. So basically, you have to make sure you're on the pit speed limit at the line so you won't incur a penalty, and also make sure you don't miss your pit box or murder your crew.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Falken posted:

Having complete control of the vehicle after you cross the pit entry line. So basically, you have to make sure you're on the pit speed limit at the line so you won't incur a penalty, and also make sure you don't miss your pit box or murder your crew.

Are there any games that do this?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

ethanol posted:

Are there any games that do this?

RFactor 2 and iRacing both do, other than the whole murdering pit crew part... But that might possibly be a future update if they can do it with minimal system resources.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I see GMG still doesn't want to make any money off of me by stubbornly refusing to take any of my credit cards.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So the pc version does not take advantage of the xbone controller impulse triggers. too bad

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

CaseFace McGee posted:

RFactor 2 and iRacing both do, other than the whole murdering pit crew part... But that might possibly be a future update if they can do it with minimal system resources.

You could drive through the pit and toggle the speed limiter in GT Legends as well. And maybe the rest of the Simbin games. The only racing sim I can remember letting you kill people was Richard Burns Rally where it reds out the screen if you hit the spectators and you get penalized or DQ'd.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ethanol posted:

So the pc version does not take advantage of the xbone controller impulse triggers. too bad

That sucks. Those things feel great in Forza.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

ethanol posted:

Vibration settings for the trigger impulse motors on the Xbox One Controller are not supported by XInput.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I thought as much. Maybe we will see this change with Win10. Prob not

dash_splamage
Apr 20, 2006
I've been looking forward to this one since DriveClub kind of didn't come out for PS+ accounts. That, and old F1 cars looks downright fantastic. Hope to join up with a few of you here when it does release for the PS4.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
SMS' boss was posting about opening a funding round for PCARS2. I hope that'll indeed involve the full FEM model for the tires, and offroad racing. Both were pushed to PCARS2.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Uh a little early for next installment talk.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

SMS' boss was posting about opening a funding round for PCARS2. I hope that'll indeed involve the full FEM model for the tires, and offroad racing. Both were pushed to PCARS2.

I'm not gonna help fun PCARS2 I think. It was awesome being in on the development of PCARS from the beginning, but I don't feel like its something I want to do again. You don't get as much input as you're promised or at least is implied. It still felt like I basically pre-ordered a game years in advance. At least i'll get money back.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Uh a little early for next installment talk.
I think a lot of initial work will be the physics engine, given that offroad/rally was talked about before. While their physics dude says that the tread simulation is already capable to deal with that (driving on gravel and grass are based on that), I'm sure practically there'll be quite some issues to make it work realistic and full-time. The AWD in the game is a hack, too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

To be fair, it's very common for a sequel to begin work the moment a game goes gold. It's just never openly talked about.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why can't they take the profits from this game and use that to make the sequel? they need another kickstarter? bleh

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd prefer if they build off into expansions like rally or whatever that mesh in with the p cars base.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

ethanol posted:

why can't they take the profits from this game and use that to make the sequel? they need another kickstarter? bleh
Because profits are split with the membership.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

dash_splamage posted:

That, and old F1 cars looks downright fantastic.
So was just taking a look at these... is this the first game that actually has a senna car in it? I remember hearing the devs say in F12013 how they couldn't get the rights for classic mode

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

ethanol posted:

So was just taking a look at these... is this the first game that actually has a senna car in it? I remember hearing the devs say in F12013 how they couldn't get the rights for classic mode

Gran Turismo 6 has a whole Senna mode. I don't know if it was the first, but it had one, and is likely what tied up the licensing so F12013 couldn't have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminated Rodent
Oct 28, 2010
So looking forward to this having just recently picked up a G27 during an easter sale. Grabbed Assetto Corsa after a day or two after my purchase since I quickly realized Dirt 3 and Grid 2 that I already owned are not quite the sims I was hoping... Assetto certainly is but it does feel a bit sterile.

Grabbed iRacing with a 3 month subscription and Ford GT for a tenner but while getting out of the rookies was fun and not terribly daunting the D rank series price of admission certainly are. Really love having a spotter in iRacing though and since Project Cars seems to have that aswell as the somewhat cheaper pricerange ( important factor now that I've come to realize I really want atleast a wheelstand ) let the hype commence.

• Locked thread