Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Does the PS4 still do that stupid bullshit thing where no third party controllers work on it yet? I've got an old logitech wheel and if it doesn't work on the PS4 version that's gonna be pretty loving stupid. Might as well get the PC version if that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Why the hell would people whine about karts being in a serious simulator? Almost everyone who races professionally has been a kart racer at one point, especially open wheel drivers. It would be weird if they WEREN'T in the game.

Plus karts are fun as poo poo.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah, IIRC, there was some stuff about targeting it holding the project back. Same reason why the Xbox360 and PS3 versions were ditched. They held onto the Wii U version for a while longer, until the community mucked up about it and it was ditched, too.

As far as I heard the last thing that was said about it was they want to nail the bone, PC and PS4 versions before working on the wii U version, I'd imagine such a port would be an all programmers on deck type deal. I haven't heard anything about it being canceled.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Walrus Pete posted:

I'm in a weird spot with driving games, probably because I've never driven a car IRL and likely never will. I appreciate a good amount of realism (and for some reason can't seem to enjoy a driving game with made-up cars), but a full-on sim can be way overwhelming and I don't think I'll ever want to use a manual transmission. I love Forza's racing line (I'd never know how to take corners properly without it) and am way too scrubby to feel shame at having driving assists turned on. How friendly is this game going to be to a dork like me that doesn't understand the first thing about how driving a car actually works? The career mode and frankly stunning visuals have me really interested in this, but I'm afraid it'll be too hardcore for me.

For comparison's sake, the last driving game I played was Forza Horizon on the 360 and I had a lot of fun with it.

I'm in the same position car wise, I don't drive irl (I have a learner's permit though! woo!) but I've been playing driving games and simulators of a sort since I was 10 years old. Even if this game is intimidating at first with the assists off and stuff, you'll get used to it. I'm a fairly competent driver in most simulators and I even own a wheel. Not a very good one, but it does the job.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

So maybe I'm just suddenly poo poo at these sorts of games, but I really, REALLY can not drive without the assists on with a controller. I seemed fine during the karts part of the career, I was pulling fast lap times and on the default difficulty I was ahead by as much as 30 seconds on 10 lap races. But as soon as I finish that and start doing this invitation thing with a mclaren F1 I'm like a loving drooling idiot on this thing. I'll be going down a straight and start veering to one side so I turn slightly to straighten up and I'll oversteer and fly into a wall or do a 180. I'll turn down a high speed corner and oversteer. I'll hit the accelerator too hard and spin out.

The accelerator thing I can compensate for, just gotta be careful there, but I'm oversteering like a motherfucker and I can't figure out what's causing it. I know how not to oversteer, I know how to keep clean lines and find good breaking points. But I just can't control this god drat car.

I've tried a bunch of the controller presets but I can't figure out how to fix it. Is it the steering sensitivity? Is it the deadzone? idgi

I thought about pulling out my old wheel to see if it's the game or the controller loving me up, but my wheel is old and it looks like it's not supported (it's an old logitech driving force EX). Anyone know how I can get it to work?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

That loving Sned posted:

I've hit the same problem. I never had this much trouble with a controller in Gran Turismo or Forza, so if you find any good presets then let me know.

Kart racing was great except for that hilly track. I was already thinking of doing it for my birthday this year, but now I can't wait to do it for real.

Going back to DriveClub was amazing. If I want to get better at Project CARS though, I think I'll just stick to time trials and free practice instead of slowly struggling through the career.

It didn't exactly fix the problem, but try a high steering deadzone and low steering sensitivity, you can't quite dart through corners but with it set up like that I spin out less.

Ok, so I got my logitech driving force EX set up, turns out there was a button assignment menu I didn't see. Problem now is though the force feedback doesn't work. It looks like it's turned on and everything but I'm not getting anything. Anyone know what the deal is?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I accidentally set a race to 1 1/2 hours and it's too late now, I'm pot committed.

Still can't get my driving force EX's force feedback to work, anyone know what I can try to fix it?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah I'm playing the PC version so it's compatible, sort of, I can get it to work by reassigning brake to the proper pedal but I can't get force feedback to work. Curiously, while googling around, I've seen a few different videos like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkYthZwVEJw

It's some driver or calibration program that you can test the force feedback with, but I can't find it on logitech's website. All I could find is this page http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/driving-force-ex which has some program that I've installed that does nothing and I can't even find it after installs so I don't know what the gently caress is going on. Someone help, no force feedback makes cat doter saaaaad :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Anyone know of a cheap and easy way to mount a steering wheel in as small a space as possible? I have nowhere to put my wheel but I wanna use it really bad. I've been looking at things that let you mount your wheel but considering all I have is a driving force ex that I bought second hand for like $50, the mounts cost like 3 times more than I spent on the wheel.

Pretty good wheel for the price tho.

• Locked thread