Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Just got this game. How do i make it not freeze windows 7 and turn off the displays requiring a reboot after a couple minutes of play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Basticle posted:

Video Driver issue maybe?
The card is a GTX 760. After the first crash i updated to the latest nvidia drivers. I tried using the geforce experience game specific optmizations, and it was still crashing. I also tried deleting the graphics setting xml file under Documents/Project Cars/ but that didn't help either.

e: Also win 7 kept interrupting my game to tell me to disable aero theme for performance. At first I tried the "ignore and don't tell me again" option, but it popped up told me again anyways. So i caved and set theme to windows basic.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 30, 2016

• Locked thread