Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cannot loving wait for this. Is the limited edition available for pre order in the US yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes but on ps4.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm hoping this goes gold soon before another sudden delay.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How extensive are the online leader boards?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Two weeks isn't terrible. Although Reddit is flipping out about it though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
They probably missed going gold by a few days. As far as delays go, this is the least dramatic or worrisome kind.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

3 more weeks to go. Nothing new to talk about and probably won't be until launch. :/ Other then the announcement of the game going gold.

I thought this was the "went gold!" post. :saddowns:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

I wish. :saddowns: So excited for this game to be finished. Been testing it since 2011, so just ready for it to be done and for everyone to get a chance to play it. PCARS is such a good sim and the sim racing community is going to love it.

They've shown off fully completed versions of the game last week and the Playstation Channel uploaded a new video today detailing the career mode. I'm taking that as a positive sign that April 7th is for real.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's cool of them. I'll be getting it on the ps4.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh well. I'm fine with delays, but not these piece meal ones. That's irritating.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm reading that pcars is being held up due to certification poo poo, licenses, and minor bugs. Makes sense if they keep going for these small delays.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

JaysonAych posted:

Yeah, it got pushed back again a couple of weeks ago. YouTube videos that I'd been following seemed like the game still had a lot of things that needed to be polished up. I'm willing to wait a couple of months if the game is good. I'm looking forward to this one.

Odd. I've seen a lot of talk about how the game is practically done.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Logitech G27 on sale for $166 bucks plus free shipping. Helluva deal.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=45959&vpn=941-000045&manufacture=Logitech&promoid=1202

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
A cursory Google search shows that that's as cheap as it gets for it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
14 minutes of new footage from the ps4 version.
https://youtu.be/lSbuVotiApQ

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ya game looks fuckin dope.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAILURE posted:

Really wondering how the Xbox One version is going to hold up.

Confirmed today as 900p60fps

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Andy Tudor posted the hex code or whatever for gold. It's likely pcars has officially gone off to the presses.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
:siren:
Project CARS releases on May 8th!!!!!!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/16/new-project-cars-release-date-confirmed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L5qZdo8584

Hail Satan

bloops fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 16, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bUm posted:

Kind of wondering a similar thing. Long time fan of Gran Turismo that has gotten jaded on their lack of damage model/more cars (in the actual races, obviously they have a lot of cars to pick from) that is debating whether Project CARS will be worth the buy given that I will be using a controller. I'd assume with their console releases the PC ought to have options, but I'd feel more comfortable with confirmation by someone who has actually been playing the test builds.

Also, anyone have an idea how competitive a controller vs. wheel setups will be for online play in Project CARS?

Gamepad users compare fairly well against wheel drivers. Speaking from playing lots of Forza, I've cracked into the top 500 on leaderboards using a gamepad.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Digital Foundry posted a tech analysis of a supposedly RTM build for Xbone/PS4. Apparently it was an early Feb build, which they got through a miscommunication. Anyway, issues with frame rate and tearing, although SMS fixed a lot of rendering issues in later builds. We'll see how the actual release is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
poo poo. I. Might grab a copy pc and ps4 then.

Who's getting it in what system?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bought on GMG

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
We're like two weeks away from Project Cars. This is great.

So I've read about possible Indy car dlc. Anything else hinted at?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Uh a little early for next installment talk.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd prefer if they build off into expansions like rally or whatever that mesh in with the p cars base.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

dash_splamage posted:

Just checked a few minutes ago in the US store and I am still not seeing PCars there yet. A pal's suggestion was to create a second account on the PS4 with a Euro address to get access to their store for the purchase. Might try it.

Just wait till Tuesday when the store updates again.

Where the hell is the final car roster? Game is a week out.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm thrilled SMS had the foresight to make a RUF gt3 car derivative.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Where can I download liveries? I'd like a Magnus Racing one for the Ruf GT3.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ethanol posted:

preload is up on xbox one I guess, but namco bandai is probably going to pull a namco bandai and not let us preload on steam

And no preload on PSN either.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'll always buy Forza and Gran Turismo (skipped 6). They all have their own merits.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ethanol posted:

25 laps Ring KARTS with thunderstorm, I can't wait for this game

That's evil.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Shocking to no one, reddit hates the car list.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

cheesetriangles posted:

Neogaf is all saying its terrible where is my Japanese cars and Chevy's and 100 Skyline variants. Look what happened to poor Mclaren when they teamed up with the Japanese to make a race car!

It is a motorsport simulator not a car collector.

Very obvious who's played sims on the pc vs those who have only known console releases.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

cheesetriangles posted:

No Suzuka is the real god drat crime.

Funny way of saying Road Atlanta.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Not having a C6.r or C7.r is kind of a bummer.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Someone in that thread unironically said high speed ring was better than Spa. But Neogaf to the ground.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Linux Nazi posted:

Spa is the track I find myself going back to in any game. So great.

Spa and Road Atland flow so well. That's why I like 'em.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I said come in! posted:

Saw this uploaded on Steam

:cumpolice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Despite not being up for pre order, any digital copy of PCARS comes with the limited edition and modified car packs. No need to pre order to secure those.

• Locked thread