Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

GutBomb posted:

This game is a disaster. Last time I remember being excited for a game that kept getting delayed I ended up with GT5.

Same, its the game that made me purchase and subsequently sell my PS3.

I'd rather they release the game in the most complete state possible, but I don't have nearly enough faith that the delays will result in anything other than an unfinished game merely staving off inevitable half baked release. Is it okay to cry? Will it make me any less of man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

I said come in! posted:

God has abandoned us. On the plus side the Nurburgring got added to Assetto Corsa today.

Did the 1.1 update actually fix anything or did just just dump more cars and tracks into it?

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

I said come in! posted:

I am not sure. I am actually going to play AC right now to see. Just waiting for my PC to get done installing Windows updates.

Righteous, much obliged. I can't take a peek until I'm off work. As petty as it sounds, the seeming inability to get smooth gameplay with high end hardware has probably turned me off to the game more than the lack of content.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

I said come in! posted:

My computer is a piece of poo poo, I only have a GTX 460. So if I turn off any aliasing effects, and turn off post-processing effects I can get 60fps at 1080p. AC still looks nice too. I just raced on the ring and it was pretty sweet.

My issue is with the average and minimum framerate and keeping it near my monitor's refresh. To keep in min above 60 entails an average of well over 85+ which introduces its own issues. What works decent for an 8 car grid tanks it at 20 and tailoring settings for each type of event is obnoxious. It's all tied to the reflections and smoke effects, even tried limiting the FPS with reduced settings and that just makes the stuttering worse.

Mr SoupTeeth fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 11, 2015

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015
What the gently caress did this update do to my wheel?! It went from playable poo poo to undrivable limp dicked poo poo, not cool SMS you only had nearly a half loving decade to get this poo poo sorted.

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

GutBomb posted:

I'm not sure that would help, and might make things worse. Turning the AI down for me made the drivers dumber and more unpredictable.

Indeed, sadly there's no happy medium. They're either bumbling oafs prone to pile ups on one end or too aggressive and braking 20 meters too late arbitrarily while smashing into you on the other. With the game in its current state it's pretty much impossible to get any decent racing longer than a couple of laps which is utterly infuriating. I really should have waited until this game was on sale with a bunch of patches behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

GutBomb posted:

With the length of time this game was in development and the nature off it being available to a fairly wide audience during development I'm not too sure it's going to have patches that do more than fix bugs. Gameplay balance stuff seems like it would have already been done during the long public beta if it were going to be done at all.

They're making baby steps with the more egregious issues like AI's unholy grip in the wet and off track but my expectations are tempered. It seems apparent that concurrent development on 3 platforms bit them in the rear end. In SMS's defense not even the exclusive first party sims are a sure bet anymore, so they're hardly alone in straight up loving things up. I'll be happy enough if they just sort the control issues, everything else is irrelevant if it plays like a wet paper saxophone.

• Locked thread