Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Goddamn even in the loving 125cc gokarts I'm shitter than poo poo in this serious business simulation of competitive automotive shenanigans.

I have no wheel/pedal setup and I'm not likely to be grabbing one soon so I must suffer the use of an Xbone controller and that is likely most of my problem, what with the short, exaggerated travel of the triggers and stick. Steering isn't the problem so far, I may or may not also have a lead foot, which I'm working on curing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

holocaust bloopers posted:

Default controls suck. So do the default tunes. Pcars requires a bit of work to get set up. Try bumping steering sensitivity, gas, and brake to 100 and control filtering to 60-70 ish

For tunes, keep front springs and sway bar stiff and soften the rears. Bump differential settings to 70%.

That'll be a big help.

Thank you.

I saw this setup posted earlier in the thread and grabbed it but all the control setup sliders are padlocked for each of the Xbone controller options

Steering deadzone: 0
Steering sensitivity: 10
Throttle deadzone: 0
Throttle sensitivity: 10
Brake deadzone: 0
Brake sensitivity: 10
Clutch deadzone: 0
Clutch sensitivity: 0

Speed sensitivity: 55
Controller filtering sensitivity: 25 (higher and I feel like I have noticeable input lag... even at 25 Karts/Superkarts have some noticeable input lag to me)

Controller input mode: 3
Soft steering dampening: on
Visual wheel filtering: on
Opposite lock help: off

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

You can't change the settings?

Keeping gas, brake, and steering at very low sensitivities means the game interprets inputs as a "on/off" type thing. You're gonna swap ends constantly.

Yeah, it's not letting me. change the sliders. The steering - for the moment - isn't my issue, though the Pagani Zonda and the Team W Lykan were squirrelly as gently caress if I did more than gently touch the stick while accelerating.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That's super weird.

I'll fire it up again in a bit and try again. I got rapidly frustrated with overbraking costing me positions in my first race, while I'm a bit better than passable in stuff like Grid 2/Autosport

• Locked thread