Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Please tell me this feels nothing like Shift 1 or 2 and I'm sold. I've kept this off my radar solely based on how little trust I had in SMS since the recent games kinda felt like poo poo to actually play after I got so hyped up over the selection of tracks etc. I tend to be a controller player and the weird input lag/smoothing thing they had was just too drat annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Well .. time to get back on the Hype train :)

I like the list of Cars - specifically that there are many classes/types of cars to play around with. The Final track list is pretty impressive, too.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

So .. pre-ordered this for the XBone (my only reasonable choice at the moment) and am now getting a little nervous. I'm controller only and seeing all these reports of pad problems :( loving hell ... as long as it's fixable. Please be fixable. I love the list of different race classes and it's mouth watering track list, but I've having flashbacks to Shift again!!!! At least I'll get to find out in a little less than an hour.

If you hosed me again SMS ... I swear I'll like, yell on the internet, or something.

edit: whew - not quite as bad the internet was saying. That said, I still have spent way too much time fiddling with controls, but it's getting there! The fact that they don't let you modify or remap controls without backing out a race has made it extra 'fun' (along with the fact there is zero context help explaining the settings). I have gotten a couple of the bugs (weird audio stutters and the lock to lock thing) but nothing that makes me want to abandon the game.

pvax fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 12, 2015

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Hell yeah! I think I'm getting happier with my Xbox Controller settings and am starting to like this more and more. Still a touch twitchy, but I'm not putting it in the walls with all assists off anymore. Only tested with touring cars, but getting happier all the time.

I have a feeling I'm going to double dip in this eventually on the PC (onceI make sure I can run it)

pvax fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 13, 2015

• Locked thread