Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Yeah, it got pushed back again a couple of weeks ago. YouTube videos that I'd been following seemed like the game still had a lot of things that needed to be polished up. I'm willing to wait a couple of months if the game is good. I'm looking forward to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I've not played any of the builds, but I saw some fairly recent vids that had some things not finished in the menus and some frame rate issues, but maybe they were earlier builds that were just posted recently.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The Project Cars website has clarified the release dates:

quote:

PLAYSTATION 4 BOXED & DIGITAL
XBOX ONE BOXED & DIGITAL
PC BOXED

MAY 7TH
Europe & Australasia

MAY 8TH
United Kingdom

MAY 12TH
United States & Canada

STEAM

MAY 7TH
MIDNIGHT WORLDWIDE RELEASE

Europe
Australasia
United Kingdom
United States
Canada

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

poo poo. I. Might grab a copy pc and ps4 then.

Who's getting it in what system?

I'll be getting it on PS4.

We're like two weeks away from Project Cars. This is great.

So I've read about possible Indy car dlc. Anything else hinted at?

About a year ago they said there would be IndyCars but I'm not finding concrete since then except speculation on what we'll see and when.

quote:

To go along with [Indianapolis Motor Speedway], players will be given access to all cars and drivers of the 2015 IndyCar Series season, featuring the series’ Dallara-built DW12 open wheeler. Powered by 2.2l V6 turbo-charged engines from different manufacturers, the DW12 is used by all IndyCar teams in various configurations for both oval and road-racing.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 22, 2015

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I heard they stated in an email that because of all the release date fuckery, that they didn't get the finished version to PSN in time for them to allow North American pre-orders per Sony's policies or something.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 12, 2015

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Finally got everything downloaded to the PS4. After a few practice sessions, minor car and controller tweaks, and a qualifier, this was my first Project Cars race.
Behold the multitude of bad decisions I made in my inaugural race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x13vlBXxzCo

I've never been so proud of a lovely video game race finish. This game is going to be so much fun.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So I settled in for a nice 25-lap touring car race at Willow Springs. Around lap 15 with a 10-second lead, this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYy3qdPW97c

I don't know what the hell. It continued to drive like that side of the car wanted to lift for at least another lap, and then I crashed it and hosed the steering completely a couple of laps later.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 23, 2016

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I hope that gets fixed soon then. I'd been wanting to try out some longer races and I don't want to have that to look forward to.

The race started out nice, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJY5_LrGGJY

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Residency Evil posted:

Gotta say, holy poo poo is this game hard on PS4. I must have restarted one of the stupid Catterham races 50 times. I also ended up giving up and turning on ABS.

I had a lot of trouble with the Caterham 7 Classic. It didn't matter what I did to tune it, it drove like the tires were made of butter and the tarmac was coated in Vaseline.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

So I've got this on PS4, and using a gamepad, and I've been trying to play it off and on since it came out. After putting up with all the bugs, the glitches, loving around endlessly with controller settings, and the AI, I just don't know about this game anymore. I really want to like it. It's got all the features that I want in a racing game, and the type of career mode I really like, but it's overall such a frustrating experience. I keep expecting that I'm going to figure it all out and it'll all click but I'm just not getting there. Maybe I need to suck it up and buy a wheel or something.

For those of you who went from gamepad to wheel on this game, does it make it demonstrably better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

What are your controller settings? I've posted what I use here in the thread. Try those.

Thanks, I'll give those a whirl next time I play. I've currently got the following that I pulled off a forum recently. They're the best I've tried thus far:

Steering dead zone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 30
Throttle dead zone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 50
Brake dead zone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 30
Clutch dead zone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 45
Speed Sensitivity: 75
Controller Filtering: 50

• Locked thread