Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
I am presently, and probably only very briefly, the leaderboard's #1 record on the 24 hours of Le Mans circuit for one of the lesser open wheel cars.

this is strictly because I'm the only one who's set a time with that car.

I'm having a lot of fun with this. All of it is taking getting used to: i was adequate at Forza, but even with all the assists on here it's a struggle to find the comfort zone with everything, but fun nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm seriously considering buying this game but all the talk of it being a hard racing SIM is kind of scaring me. I've always been pretty good at Forza or GT, how does this game compare to those in terms of difficulty?

It's not that bad, if you were good at Forza then you'll do ok here, just expect some adjustment time.

And re: 3rd person and helmet cam, yeah, I started in 3rd because it was what I was used to and ended up switching to helmet / cockpit cam. Unexpectedly, I felt way more confident and started doing a lot better.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Norns posted:

Anyone use track IR with this yet?

I did, it's not bad at lower speed stuff but as I moved up to more powerful poo poo I found it to be distracting. Would probably work out better if I fine tuned the curve but generally it doesn't seem super necessary.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

eggyolk posted:

Does anyone here use a Vive with Project CARS?

I've tried it and it looks quite good, but this is the first game that's caused me motion sickness.

can't make it half a lap on Circuit de la Sarthe before I need to stop.

edit- and i'm not prone to motion sickness at all so it's a bit weird. all the flight sims (DCS, Elite, FSX, etc) have never given me a problem with the vive, but pcars did instantly.

i messed with the settings a while to try some of the changes i'd seen recommended, like the horizon stuff, but none of it had an effect for me.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Rated PG-34 posted:

Have you tried other racing sims like Live for Speed or Assetto Corsa? It could be the framerate; pCars is pretty demanding.

haven't tried other racing games, but i've seen other games where framerate was an issue and 1) they didn't set me off (DCS world being one), and 2) pcars didn't appear to have a framerate issue at all.

but seriously, this may only be me. if anyone else has a headset and pcars then please by all means give it a shot. the half lap i manage to do before my stomach churns mightily is pretty drat impressive looking

• Locked thread