Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm so annoyed I didnt jump on the early access bandwagon when I had the chance, is the pc version going to be on steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Yes, yes it was! I've put my pre-order in.

I said come in! posted:

The physical copy comes with this though :)

Oh great a case and a book that I can not bother looking at to sit around and gather dust :geno:

Does anybody know if the pc version will have support for mods? AC has some seriously impressive ones, it would be cool to see stuff like the 787b in CARS.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Scatterfold posted:

Excited for this; hoping it's good enough to entice me into getting a wheel (& it'll have to be really very good b/c I'm on the Xbone :cripes:)

Get a sick pc gameing rig m8.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I just realised pcars reminds me of the old toca race driver games if codemasters had stuck at making them instead of going with that grid garbage. The only jarring thing to me as a motorsport sperg is the lack of real names on things like masculine instead of michelin.

Although i'm realy hoping that the pc version has a good mod community so those little things wont matter.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is it realy unplayable with a controller? I dont have space for a loving wheel.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So it looks like at least you can get custom skins in the PC version, which is something.

Edit: welp just bought it on Steam, are there many fancy dan european types who are playing this on pc? Cuz it would be nice for some goon racing, for people who cant do american moon hours.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 8, 2015

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

Sure track day bro! My steam ID is hkfalken.

I just won my first race I entered online. Formula A on Spa Francorchamps. I don't know if I'm quick, or if everyone else is just really, really slow.

Well I have to wait till I get home from work, it would be nice to recreate the old SAEG days. It even has clio cup cars :3:

Well as long as you dont deafen me with your mic, like you used to in forza 4 lol.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm sure I beat prettypanda once or twice in FM4, but yeah he was drat good. L_Harrison was insane, although I didnt get to race much with the us guys.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Get it on the ps4 and I will race you op.

I have a fullysick pc to play it on, i'm not buying a ps4!!!!!!!!!!!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I was worried over nothing about how the cars drive with a controller, i've just been messing around hotlapping different cars and its been fine. My busted rear end 360 pad that pulls to the left slightly works great, I think theres a few small tweaks i'd like to make with the deadzone but apart from that its fine.

Only problem is even with all assists off I dont seem to be able to lock the wheels, slamming on the brakes at 100% in the lil formula ford should definitely lock them. Apart from that the physics feel halfway between forza and assetto corsa, which I was able to play with a gamepad but it was very difficult to correct oversteer.

Its great fun just balancing the basic caterham through corners.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

Same boat. Some cars are driveable, some are utterly ridiculous. There's no rhyme or reason to it, unless it's that I'm just not hard core Sim HERO enough to drive a 300hp street car in a straight line (I own a V8 M3 in real life). I spent 2 hours last night dicking with control schemes and each car is a brand new challenge to keep from doing a U-turn left when you have the wheel turned completely to the right and are going 3-11 mph with your foot off the gas.

The menus and UI are also loving abysmal.

I'm sure glad they let you change all these incredibly detailed control options and then have to back out of a session just to change them and then go back into the game again. Also none of the control options actually say what they do.

All I know is just dont turn off the countersteer help, becasuse when you have it off you have to make sure your countersteer is just a tiny flick on the stick or you just send the car into a tank slapper.

Yeah I know buy a wheel blah blah, I have one its attached to my loving track car.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I'll be at Brands hatch on the 17th next month and hopefully snetterton the next if nothing blows up, I dont have room foor a drat wheel setup unfortunately. I'm kinda glad this game has a decent amount of uk tracks because it lets me figure out the basic layouts of the ones I havent been to yet. :shobon:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You were never forced to use the auto upgrade thing anyway, plus it usualy ended up being pretty poo poo compared to doing it yourself.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

EvilJoven posted:

So I gotta ask, was the McLaren F1 as poo poo to drive IRL as it is in PCARS? It was always heralded as the king of 90s Supercars but I could take a corner faster when I drove a loving Ford Tempo back in the day.

I had a quick go with pCars last night and found that one of the tyres appears to be made of plastic, spinning up the wheels in 3rd and 4th. The other set of tyres seemed to work better once warmed up, although its still a bit of a beast.

Even though it was heralded as the best supercar of the time it was pretty twitchy on the limit and tyre tech has come a long way since the 90s.

Quick question about another McLaren, is it just me or is the 12c very difficult to drive? It feels like any tiny steering input under braking from a decent speed results in a spin, the F1 and P1 dont seem to have this problem? Is it a setup issue?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see these awesome controller settings because unfortunately I do not have the space for a wheel. The fact that there are so many settings for the controller seemingly undocumented barring reading forums posts and no easy way to change them seems ridiculous to me, especialy if for something thats on a console.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

holocaust bloopers posted:

I've got about 150 hours into Project Cars. PCARS most glaring issue is the completely inconsistent gamepad controls. On one car, it's fine. Jump to another and it's a mess.

What Volkerball is describing isn't an issue with the underlying physics system, but the gamepad settings. The overly twitch nature has some cars swapping ends awful fast because of how quick crossover steering is. Basically every turn is a Scandinavian flick in the sense of a drastic lateral weight shift.

Forza has a very good series of gamepad assists that dampen out much of that poo poo.

Volkerball, try cranking the steering sensitivity up to 60-80 and control filtering to 70.

This is exactly what made me stop playing altogether, I spent more time unsucessfuly trying to get the steering to feel right than actualy racing. It didnt help that the controls menu had no explanation on what anything did and felt like the game catering to ultrasimspergs. Plus the fact that you had to back all the way out of a race and go back into the settings menu made it incredibly tedious.

I kinda assumed that because the game was getting a console release that it would have decent controller support, infact I recomended it to a friend whos pretty handy behind the wheel irl. He couldnt get on with the controls either playing on xbox. Maybe if I ever have the space for a wheel setup I can go back to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

It is a lot better with a wheel. It's more fun and feels really good to drive. Unfortunately the other elements of the game (abysmal car selection, terrible career mode) keep it down.

I really tried to like PCars but it just tried everything it could do to make me hate it.

I honestly didnt mind the idea of the career mode what little I played, it seemed like an evolution of the old Toca racedriver games. I'm realy tempted to get a G920 but just dont have the space for a wheel setup. Hell, i'd love to use a wheel in Eurotruck too!

• Locked thread