Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Pretty sure the gold release - or at least something very close to it - is on Steam now as well. 11.8GB "patch".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Team Member gets a discount, Full Member gets the full release - based off of this anyway

I remember reading in the forum (it was one of the sticky messages) that they have to remove the game from Steam before they can send out the discount or something.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

I actually thought the Karts were amazing - when I was using a wheel. With a 360 controller though they are woeful, hateful things that will murder you and your family at any time.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

bUm posted:

Speaking of bindings, why is DRS not bound by default for a the standard Xbox controller preset? Isn't it pretty useful for any vehicle that can use it? I feel like I should probably bind it.

It's not bound for the default G27 values either - at least that I could find

Also, after complaining bitterly about the Karts, I didn't realise that there was a second, better type of Karts waiting for me. The king is dead, long live the king. Superkarts are King.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Jeesis posted:

Wonder if this would work fine for the g27. Cannot recall if it has mounting holes.

Also, need to make some bad decisions and buy one of their wheels. Anyone have some good suggestions?

Can confirm it works with the g27. I definately preferred using the stand compared to mounting the wheel to the table every time I wanted to use it.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Essobie posted:

Or you can just push in the clutch before your car dies. It's just like real life!

By the way, my G27's H shifter worked with default bindings out of the box (PC). I'm also impressed that you can hot swap between using paddles and the H shifter mid-race without having to go change it in the options.

Why don't all racing sims do this?

Same here - worked fine out of the box. That feature with changing between paddle and shifter is awesome as well. At least with the superkarts on rolling starts (probably with others as well, but I haven't gotten that far yet), stick the H-Shifter into second and take off better at the start as the paddles start you in first then go back to the paddles.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

frankenbeans posted:

Mine show up literally immediately. Like, I'll hit a best time, then fly off turn 1 because I was squinting to see my lap time in that tiny loving window. Then I'll quit out and my leaderboard time is already up and I can pick that lap as a ghost and jump right back in.

Same here, haven't had a problem with the leaderboards so far (PC).

If you want to feel like a World #1, try Superkarts @ Monza full. I posted 2nd there last night with a poo poo lap on the default setup. Some effort laps and you too could feel like a world champion.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Yeah thanks for taking the bullet on that one. I'm in the exact same situation (Formula Gulf, skipped most invitationals). I did a few that I didn't complete in the previous season, but the ones I skipped were the ones I had already won, and also skipped one with cars that are completely loving bullshit (Lotus '79 and Ford GT Mk IV I'm looking at you) - so hopefully I don't have to repeat a year.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hold off until E3. Logitech may announce ps4 compatibility with the G27, which is a steal at $200.

I don't understand where this keeps coming from - although I'd be very happy to be proven wrong. Amazon Germany posted up the G29 recently (http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-941-000112-Lenkrad-Driving-Konsole/dp/B00YUIM2J0/), so why would Logitech completely undermine it by allowing the G27 on the PS4 ?

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

dog nougat posted:

I know the steam sale just ended, but I'm consuming picking this up on pc since the community seems more active (here). I already have it for ps4, so I'm reluctant to double dip. How well does it run?

i5-2500k
GTX 570
4 GB cheapo DDR3

I'm running something pretty drat similar (i7-2600k though), and it's more than fine running at 1080p @ ~60-ish.
Granted you can't turn all the bells and whistles on - but you can turn most of them on and have no dramas at all. Unless you're racing on Sakita then your FPS will plummet for some stupid reason. gently caress that track. Personally, even if you have an absurdly high power PC that could run at 4K @ 120, I still wouldn't double dip though.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

I bought in before I realised it was a profit sharing type arrangement, so I can't complain to much.
With the benefits of the exchange rate being loving awful at the moment though, I'm rolling in the :10bux: now.

Put in $55 AUD for the €45 Tier, walk out with just under $80 AUD.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Wasn't the stock car in the early access/pre release builds and they took it out? I vaguely remember there being more than one Oval track as well, as well as a bunch of Historical tracks (Hockenheim, Monza and I think Spa?)

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

bUm posted:

"Coming soon"

Comes out 10 months after release, still incomplete.

They were in the pre-release as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware that there are probably perfectly valid reasons behind it. Hell, the money received from being a backer has given me the game free and still have enough left over for the DLC.

I'm just looking at it from the petty point of view that "I have driven an Oval track in Project Cars which they removed and want to sell it back to me as DLC" along with a few other cars/tracks.

• Locked thread