Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I got this last night and started messing around, it's a lot of fun. The karts are really crazy. I got 3rd on the first event, and 1st on the second, so I was pretty happy with that. My arms were really tired from the forcefeedback of my g27 after those races set at 50% time (5 laps each). Man those things are twitchy. They felt like they had a huge deadzone in the middle of steering, too. Up to ~90 degrees felt fine, and after ~180 felt fine, but there was a huge gap in between where nothing happened. Anyone know what's up with that?

I drove the Clio around to prep for today's race and man it feels ... weird. It feels a lot heavier than I thought a Clio should weigh. It's also rather slippery. Are you guys drifting it around corners? I managed a 1:45 around the nurburg sprint track which seemed decent enough compared to the leaderboards. I haven't messed with any of the setups, just going pure stock.

I am not good at these games but I do enjoy them. Mind if I get in on the goon races today? I'll try and stay in the back out of everyone's way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I can't loving drive. (short yeast coast)

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I'm pretty sure the race engineer in Project CARS is someones drunk uncle.

VVVVVVVVV too-shay

AnimalChin fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 8, 2015

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Bigsteve posted:

Isn't it Ben Collins otherwise know as the Stig? He presented fifth gear for a but and was devoid if personality so it explains why's he is so poo poo here. Nothing he says is in context.

https://youtu.be/-Q0x8onTErk

Personality vacuum.

I can't watch the video now, but he can't possibly be worse than Tanner Foust.

The american Top Gear would be pretty great decent if it wasn't for that dreadful twat.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I really wish the career series race would list which track layout was used so I could set up open practices.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Cross posted in the PC Sim thread:

Just finished the Caterham series in and man those are fun. The game has so much wrong with it, but when you can finally get to the actual driving bit it's really exciting. The main menu and general UI are infuriating.

The car is a bit of a handful. It is quite finnicky indeed. Any more than ~5 degrees of slip and it's just gone, but if you can get it just a little bit tail happy and keep it under the threshold it's a real hoot to drive. Slow and easy and just a tiny bit drifty. Plus the game is *gorgeous* and the last race was at a really fun track (Snetterton?) at sunset.

Next up was a Ford Focus race in the rain a dark and fog at Sonoma and it felt like a Mad Max Murderthon.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Volkerball posted:

Shame because the rpg style career mode is nearly perfect.

What? My Project CARS career consists of putting me in series of races that I don't have any control over. In fact it's the flat career mode that's turned me away from the game sim. Are we playing the same game?

I want an RPG style racing career game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Goetta posted:

Yeah something about the career mode in this game put me off. I'm not really sure why exactly, it just feels super tacked on and boring in a way that games like Gran Turismo don't. Probably because the latter locks vehicles away and gives you a sense of progression when you get new cars.

Gran Turismos and Forzas spoiled me with their career progression. You get lots of choices for which car(s) you want to run in which series. Project CARS feels like "OK now you race this car a few times and you can't upgrade it or paint it or anything we hope you like it."

I got real bored real fast.

• Locked thread