Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

IMB posted:

Then, with a runner on first, I get a called strike on a changeup. When the catcher tries to throw out the runner who is stealing second, he throws the ball right off my dick. Thanks, Pinto!

Things the real Pinto would do for $500, Alex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How important do you guys think it's going to be to get the curve ball over for a strike?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

KDdidit posted:

How important do you guys think it's going to be to get the curve ball over for a strike?

Not very important at all. In fact, that curveball should never be thrown for a strike.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Let me get one of them ribs

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

KDdidit posted:

Depends on how much straight-paint you can hit with your mid-90's fastball.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For knuckleball rtts pitchers, what should you do with the velocity stat? Do I want a high kb velocity? Keep it in the 50 point range, 30, 80? Same with the 4fb?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

KDdidit posted:

For knuckleball rtts pitchers, what should you do with the velocity stat? Do I want a high kb velocity? Keep it in the 50 point range, 30, 80? Same with the 4fb?

With the show, you always want "velocity" to be maxed. The show is smart enough to make pitches that are supposed to be slow, slower when you up your velocity stat. Think of it as a quality rating, not a measurement of raw speed, so get that velocity stat maxed. Your velocity on your pitches is *also* affected by the arm strength stat, just FYI. You can have a max velocity FB but only throw like 92 until you up the arm strength. It tops out at like 102...

The show used to also have hidden "max" values which was determined by your repitoire but I dunno if it still does that. The idea was that if you were a junk ball pitcher, your FB wouldn't be 102. But if you were all speed with 2 FBs, a cutter and a sinker say, you'd be throwing mad heat.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

quote:

Urgent: MLB 15 The Show - Patch 1.03 Change Notes (PS4 and PS3)
05-13-2015, 09:15 AM
(All of these changes are for the PS3 and PS4)

1.Offline/Online - Fixed the issue causing runners to be left on base after a home run. This would happen any time a user runner went half way and was stopped when the ball went over the fence and was a called a HR
2.Offline/Online - CPU or User would attempt to advance after a high infield fly ball was caught. Defender would use a casual throw to the next base, but it would be too slow and the runner would often be safe
3.Intentional walk exploit fixed – Calling for an intentional walk after the baserunner leads off causes the baserunner to take additional steps and getting thrown out easily.
4.Online - New Action shots for 50 players, to be seen on Player cards in Collections and Diamond Dynasty mode.
5.Online - Collections screen now save and load the last page you were on, making buying and selling cards more streamlined.
6.Online - Tuning to Online Gameplay - These fixes are all intended to stabilize online gameplay and eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes and hangs that lead to standoffs.
7.Offline/Online - Foul/Fair ball detection in CHI White Sox - 3rd base line
8.Online - HBP/avoid and pitcher ejection issue - One user would get a HBP reaction and ejected, the other user would not resulting in a freeze.
9.Online – When defensive shifts would occur in an online game, the OSD’s were inaccurate. Fix for Defensive Positioning drop down to reflect the current defense.
10.Online/Offline - Reduce the success rate of bunts
11.Offline - Fixed retail crash while simulating through Franchise mode. Occurrences described below:
a.Crashes when simulation far in the future
b.Crash when autosaving following very specific injury sequences
c.Crash when simming through certain pinch hit appearances
d.Crash when entering the amateur draft
12.Offline - Fixed a low frequency retail crash in RTTS player editor.
13.Offline - Fenway red seat added in the right field bleachers.
14.Online - Restricting batting views for online games per Design - if user has batting view that is restricted, force batting view to catcher - don't give user restricted views for batting view
15.Online - issues with take it yourself plays at first base online have been resolved.
16.Online – Numerous online gameplay stability checks to eliminate consumer reported blue screen crashes.
17.Online - Resolving guess pitch on defensive machine and forcing offense machine to use data from defense machine
18.Offline – Changed the art of the Injured icon (Franchise/Season)
19.Online -Adding additional entitlements to the show shop, to allow for future promotional packs
20.Online/Offline – AI check that was not allowing for early moving catches
21.Offline - Fix for crowd catching flyball vs. fielder catching robbable balls - don't allow ball to attach to crowd if already attached to a player
22.Online Franchise/Diamond Dynasty – Play by Play audio code has been modified to exclude filling in career stats for Arena mode (DD) and League Mode. They get filled in for MLB season mode only. Online modes career data was incorrect.
23.Online - Adding one more minute to the online Pause menu countdown

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
oh my god i should read manuals more often.

i always thought you wanna pitch to the red zones :laffo:

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

That's amazing.

I got my first legend card in Neikro today, should be a blast to use with the screw and knuckleball.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I just hit a walk off dinger with Morneau , and won a Buster Posey card in the roulette after :getin:

DD is pretty fun to play against the CPU with to just work on plate discipline, since you get free cards just for logging in and for winning games. I really feel no pressure to blow money on packs like in Madden.

Using the stubs that came with the preordered special edition, and after getting Cano in my first welcome to the game pack, I'm attempting to mash with Braun, Morneau, Cano, Mauer, Reddick, and Carlos Gomez.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 19, 2015

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
It's weird, I didn't play this game for a month and when I got back to it I've been mashing the ball with my RTTS player.

Maybe it's because I'm up against AA pitchers?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I realize this is a pipe dream, but has any baseball game had it so the strike zone varied by the height of hte player?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

It obviously does in this game, and I'm sure it did in MVP as well.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

JetsGuy posted:

I realize this is a pipe dream, but has any baseball game had it so the strike zone varied by the height of hte player?

Jose Altuve's (5'5") strike zone compared to Nate Freiman's (6'8") in-game is hilarious. Freiman's strike zone is about twice the size of Altuve's. It also changes based on batting stance, so if Freiman had a Jeff Bagwell type stance it would go down a bit.

vs.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 20, 2015

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Wow, I guess all my batters are close enough to the same height that I don't notice or I just needed to see them against each other. So cool.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
quick question... I keep losing outs because my runners will sometimes dive back to the base on solid contact, and fielders jumping over ground balls. I think I may be unintentionally clicking the left stick when I go to round off a grounder, or when I try to go to the opposite field. Is there any way for me to unassign L3?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

No, but holding r2 while ball is in the air will make your runners stand as is.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
Doesn't help when they're diving back towards the bag. Guess I just have to learn how to move the drat stick without pressing down on it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:toot: I just threw my first CGSO in DD with Verlander :toot:

:feelsgood:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Threw a 15 K perfect game. :smug:

...on All-Star :negative:

...using a created player. :negative::negative:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JetsGuy posted:

Threw a 15 K perfect game. :smug:

...on All-Star :negative:

...using a created player. :negative::negative:

What's wrong with allstar difficulty?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

What's wrong with allstar difficulty?

I dunno, I kinda feel like it's all-pro in Madden or All_American in NCAA...

It's right at that level where you're not totally curbstomping, but before when the computer literally starts cheating.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Give up a grand slam the 1st inning come back to win 9-5. :feelsgood:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So Diamond Dynasty players card ratings rise and fall based on RL performance. That's really cool and I bet it makes the Real Money Crowd really happy :getin:

my freebie Robinson Cano was a 95 Diamond card, and is now an 88 Gold card.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
any way to set this up so I'm pitching, fielding, throwing, and baserunning, but letting the computer hit for me? I'm ok everywhere else, but been on the wrong end of 3 loving perfect games in 20 played so far

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Dubious posted:

So Diamond Dynasty players card ratings rise and fall based on RL performance. That's really cool and I bet it makes the Real Money Crowd really happy :getin:

my freebie Robinson Cano was a 95 Diamond card, and is now an 88 Gold card.

And this is why MIke Moustakas is no longer on my bench.

Just played an awesome game. The other guy's connection was just perfectly hosed enough so the ball would be impossible to track when I was hitting. I went into the top of the ninth down 1-0 with 10 hits (all singles) and like 13 k's since I pretty much just had to guess whether to swing or not. I hit back-to-back-to-back dingers to start the ninth. I got a post game message: "loving trash".

Felt good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Out 1-6 games with a bruised forehead.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I've never had a player pop out as much as my minor league right fielder. It seems like it's at least twice a game that I pop out tto the catcher or the corner infielders.

He's gonna be a career minor league, if he doesn't end up getting cut outright :(

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Ask me about clutch plate discipline in DD H2H! :shepface:

Felix went 10 innings on this, giving up the 2 runs in the top of the 10th on his 67th and 71st pitches :suicide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ns1iO0pLxo

That was his 3rd reliever :smug:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
whats with all these assholes online just doing nothing but bunting and stealing in DD?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Dubious posted:

whats with all these assholes online just doing nothing but bunting and stealing in DD?

Yost finally picked up his copy of the game on sale

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Dubious posted:

Ron Gardenhire really has too much free time these days.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

JetsGuy posted:

Richie Sexson's strike zone in the old games was hilariously gigantic.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So yeah, thought I'd share my latest bewildering bug I came across.

Playing RttS, I come up with nobody out and a runner on first tied at 5 in extra innings. I crush the ball into the left center gap, and since the guy on first has some wheels he tries to score. I keep hauling rear end in case he gets thrown out. When the cutoff guy throws home, I've already rounded second. The throw is off target, and we win on my walk off double. Except we win by...2?

Somehow the game thinks I scored a run after even though a) the winning run already scored and b) I hadn't even reached third, much less home.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's Diamond Dynasty, 1-1 in the bottom of the 8th and I have guys on first and third. I accidentally hit L2 and my guys break for second and home. The opposing catcher runs around in a circle behind home plate. I take the lead. My opponent quits. :(

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So apparently the roster update from yesterday kneecapped a bunch of players ratings. More hillarious then EA, go figure.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

So apparently the roster update from yesterday kneecapped a bunch of players ratings. More hillarious then EA, go figure.

They actually didn't but Internet nerds are raging because they can't comprehend numbers as anything but absolute values. The overall number a guy has is only good for comparing to players at the same position and not as a true overall for all players. The sub-numbers (like CON, POW, FLD, etc.) are absolute though and can be compared correctly. At least this what I took from an explanation from the developers that to explain the ratings.

Also, the only people truly pissed are the DD players since they bought a poo poo load of silver and gold players thinking they would be Internet millionaires with this "huge update" after all these players made diamond. Of course, the developers only have said an update to all the player ratings would be happening after the All-star break. That's when the internet took over and spun it into some huge rear end update that will be the greatest thing since we landed on the moon.

It was funny when it didn't happen immediately after the break. People were on the verge of suicide.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

All I know is that the drat game matched my Diamond Dynasty team which has 2 players over 80 overall with some guy whose team was 8 legends cards plus his 99 overall create-a-player :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I used to murder meatball sliders or high changeups every year. Now I'm early on breaking balls 90% of the time and it's infuriating.

• Locked thread