Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

The Piper posted:

Remember last year when the PSN digital version of The Show wasn't available to download until 24 hours after release day? That's not going to happen again, right? :ohdear:

Digital preloading became a thing right after last year's release, so it should be fine this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Well, sounds like they ruined Diamond Dynasty. I loved the fictional players and being able to build up a team and manage them. Now it's just Ultimate Team.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I get why they did it, and it'll probably be more popular now than before, but I liked that it was a change of pace from everybody just ending up with superteams like in HUT and MUT. I'm still waiting for somebody to try "salary cap" tournaments or divisions in UT modes, but I guess the race to the top is what makes all the money, so it ain't going to happen.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
After 3 games, I like the new pitch trajectory, but I'm sticking with zone hitting. Lighting looks better, some animations have looked better, menus are sort of better. Haven't played online yet. Overall definitely an improvement, and a great game, but last year was also a great game and I can't say that someone who is just sort of into the game should upgrade yet. If you're hardcore into it, well, you probably already have. Haven't seen the RTTS or Franchise improvements so there might be something there.

I do wish they'd tune the fast play a bit to slow down on huge moments. I can spend the extra 5 seconds watching Billy Hamiltons walk off in the bottom of the 10th.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I like that the loading screens are protected against streaming/recording, for no reason I can think of besides not showing how long it takes to load into a game.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

JetsGuy posted:

It's probably because it's real photos of players and they're probably protected via some MLBPA agreement.

That makes sense. I just remember it being standings and stuff in the franchise games I played but it could be other stuff in other game modes.

Also playing at Fenway is a lot of fun. I went there a couple years ago and everything just looks spot on, including the lighting. Also I was able to mash taters when I should be mashing pop flys.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Are there features that don't work in Franchise if you're continuing a 2014 one? It says '2014 Franchise Mode' at the bottom and I haven't heard any radio show.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
You get stubs for playing games, although it'll take several to buy a pack.

I imagine prices will go down before long so you may just want to sit back for a week or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Yeah, I really wish there was quick counts, against the CPU at least.

Also exactly what I was afraid of is happening. There's no reason for anyone to have any team except all golds, so that's what everybody will have after a few weeks. It's UT.

• Locked thread