Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

P.d0t posted:

How much should Bards care about their weapon stat? (i.e. STR or DEX)
What builds might you use a halfing or gnome for?

Bards generally use dex weapons since their skills are usually dex based.
If you are still talking about bards, lightfoot halfling and forest gnome are good choices. Did you have anything specific in mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

P.d0t posted:

Sorta kinda not really.
Like, basically what I'm thinking about is, the Bard's weapon selection is poo poo if you start as one at level 1 (like when you have to be the healer, or whatever). Once you get to level 3, you can go Valor Bard and have some more options (with the added burdenfeature of getting to sell and replace your armor and weapons) :jerkbag:

So starting as a Fighter and then multiclassing Bard can work (hurray for getting all weapon/armor proficiencies) but I dunno exactly what weapon might be most useful in that scenario. Is going heavy armor and dumping DEX any good? Or is it better to not MC and stick with Light/Medium and the limited Bard weapon profs? Or just gently caress weapons, get enough DEX for the +2 AC with Medium armor and use spells all the time?

Alternatively, you can go with a Race that gives you some more weapon proficiencies (Elf, Dwarf) but no CHA bonus... So I guess my question is, would that be even worth playing, as a bard?

Bear with me, but I want to try something out.

What three things is the character you want to make most notable for? These can be anything: "good at fighting", "fly fishing", "sharp eyesight", "silver tongued"

What five things is the character good at, but to a lesser extent than the previous three?

• Locked thread