Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

As a DM I've used these two generators extensivly:

http://tools.goblinist.com/5enc - This one is good for a mixed party, since you can punch in different levels and it will spit out encounters. Sometimes it can be a mixed bag but I generally re-generate till I get something neat and use that as a seed.

http://donjon.bin.sh/ - This is a FANTASTIC generator for random dungeons (including traps, motifs, little wandering monsters/events. It's great if you just want a short crawl, or have an idea for a crawl and want a random generated map for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Monks get the ability to run along vertical surfaces, catching enemy missiles and throwing them back. That's pretty loving ninja.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So my Paladin just hit 5, any reason to multiclass into something else? Any cool combos to consider?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Naw, don't really have a reason to multiclass, just pondering ideas.

Last session a villian was monologuing and I stood in a belltower and pelted him with crossbow bolts to punctuate his sentences, it was pretty fun.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Trast posted:

"Tough crowd."

I missed the first shot, so it went like this

"Redwall! Send our your champion!"
*thunk-miss*
"Is that all you got!"
*critical hit*
"Ow"

Then the villain closed to melee range, I jumped off the tower, and he neglected to take into account my Polearm reach and the fact that I can take opportunity attacks within the full range, thus he impaled himself quite finally on my halberd.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

With polearm mastery, do enemies who are already within my sphere of influence, but move around (not disengaging) provoke attacks?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Credit to Gunshow Comics

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What happens if you hit a creature with both compelled duel and abjure enemy (frighten)?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

But if you back off to just outside its range, but within 30 feet it's pretty much screwed (or at least, taking disadvantage on everything) right?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah you can do both... there just won't be much point, since Abjure Enemy covers everything that Compelled Duel covers plus a lot more

The only benefit I see now is with duel, you can pull someone out of an area, potentially separating a leader from a healer or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

QuarkJets posted:

compelled duel doesn't necessarily do that, though. The creature can keep standing right next to the healer, unless the healer moves to be more than 30 feet from you. The opponent may move toward you, since you're the only one that it won't have disadvantage against, but that's not guaranteed. And nothing stops the healer from moving with the leader

I'd let a player have a little narrative control, though.

• Locked thread