Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Square is to the point where all the 2D final fantasies are remastered and all the Dragon Quest games are remastered.

they can't make anymore re-releases of their flagship old games. So they'll have to start picking the lesser ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
also terra Nigma

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Back when imports were cheap and plentiful I wound up importing Seiken Densetsu 2 only to find Secret of Mana later for around 15 bucks.

I should have gone with 3, since I already had Earthbound/Mother 2, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 5, Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, Paladin's Quest, YS 3, Super Mario RPG, Bahamut Lagoon, Dragon Quest 5, Dragon Quest 6, Shin Megami tensei, Shin Megami Tensei II, Shin Megami Tensei if...,Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, and Final Fantasy Mythic Quest.

Terranigma was already pretty pricey back then.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Coolguye posted:

really it'd just be better to have a spiritual successor to those games because really what about the world/story is worth keeping? just make something 'inspired by it' and replace all the gaia references with earthmother or something equally dumb
Mog Returns, Final Fantasy XIII-2

• Locked thread