Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

There are still a few PS5 games that blew me away when I first got the console, Returnal, Spiderman, that Ratchet and Clank game, Demons Souls and so on, but they're no longer exclusive for the most part. Being able to play the entire PS4 back catalog is nice, since there's way more games in general in that list. But yes, absolute "must-play" games have already come out for it and I'm not sure where they're gonna go from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

There are still a few PS5 games that blew me away when I first got the console, Returnal, Spiderman, that Ratchet and Clank game, Demons Souls and so on, but they're no longer exclusive for the most part. Being able to play the entire PS4 back catalog is nice, since there's way more games in general in that list. But yes, absolute "must-play" games have already come out for it and I'm not sure where they're gonna go from here.

yeah i still need to play returnal. after bloodborne i'll probably want a break from souls for a while. or i won't and i'll roll straight into elden ring who knows

update for those who care: i found the chalice dungeon that just gives you 80000 echoes for standing in the right spot for 15 seconds and so i'm like endgame-ish leveled, softcapped on strength and vitality. i beat darkbeast paarl and the witch of hemwick and the shadows of yharnam. probably gonna do cainhurst next because it looks like i can get a couple bloodstone chunks there and i wanna max out my axe. but after that it's gonna be byrgenwerth and rom

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

sorry, what? is it like enemies running into a blade trap or something? i’ve never heard of that

more falafel please

forums poster

Rockman Reserve posted:

sorry, what? is it like enemies running into a blade trap or something? i’ve never heard of that

yeah there's an enemy offscreen that takes environmental damage (presumably, you just see a health bar through a wall taking 717 damage per tick) and then it dies, you get like a lot of echoes, and you go back to the lantern. in 10 minutes of mostly load screens you can easily get a million

edit: code is CUMMMFPK. i hope that's on purpose

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 19, 2024

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Yeah it's a meme dungeon that has an enemy that loads in and, if you don't go past a certain area, will get hit with a pendulum and die, netting you a ton of echoes. I'll admit to using the cum chalice just to get a build set up for the DLC areas

Farecoal

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRzYb3Xx_HM

Good video for those curious about the cum chalice and whether it is right for them

more falafel please

forums poster

Farecoal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRzYb3Xx_HM

Good video for those curious about the cum chalice and whether it is right for them

that makes sense. thanks cum dungeon, the dungeon of cummm(fpk)

Rockman Reserve

here i’ve been grinding echos from the cum students like a chump when there was a whole cum dungeon to exploit

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

stardew valley

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Quadramind

watho posted:

stardew valley

finally I have carrot

watho

Quadramind posted:

finally I have carrot

we c a rrot

Finger Prince

In the pseudo realm between sleep and waking, I received a vision.
Helldivers 2 x Pokemon.
Strategems are now Pokeballs.
Calling down a Charizard!
Dropping a Snorlax!

FutonForensic

pokemon would be a lot more engaging if you had to position yourself to avoid getting friendly fired by your own pokemon

ToastGhost

20% cooler
I have to return to bloodborne, but that requires going through the worst part of bloodborne, the early game. I've never beaten the dlc, so with the event going on its the perfect time. It's just so drat hard.

kalel

ToastGhost posted:

I have to return to bloodborne, but that requires going through the worst part of bloodborne, the early game. I've never beaten the dlc, so with the event going on its the perfect time. It's just so drat hard.

the bloodborne early game slaps imo

ToastGhost

20% cooler

kalel posted:

the bloodborne early game slaps imo
It's alright for me once I get the saw spear and the armor but until then it feels like early level D&D, which is also not my jam as opposed to the later game. Best parts of Bloodborne for me where Shadow of Yharnam and the endgame areas, even though I beat it before the DLC came out and so I've never done the DLC, which is my greatest souls sin next to not finishing sekiro, which is next to not beating the DS3 dlc because, again, beat it before the dlc came out.

All my games must be brutal tests of endurance and skill. Except for the chill city builders. Those can stay.

more falafel please

forums poster

i just beat rom in bloodborne and now everything's hard, lmao. gently caress those bells

Bobby Deluxe

hello video games thread, if you had say only 5 hours left to live and you decided to spend it playing cyberpunk 2077 what would be your top ten things to do assuming you start at level 1

no rush, i have all weekend but after a total of 5 hours playing i WILL die

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
1. strip club

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

kalel

Areola Grande posted:

1. strip club

no they meant in the game

ToastGhost

20% cooler
I beat Cleric Beast, got the armor, and sawspear, so the early game should be breezy from here on out. Amelia might be a challenge as usual, but nothing I haven't done before.

Oh gently caress I forgot about the gun in old yharnam, ffffuuuuuuu

Philippe

(she/her)

Bobby Deluxe posted:

hello video games thread, if you had say only 5 hours left to live and you decided to spend it playing cyberpunk 2077 what would be your top ten things to do assuming you start at level 1

do the DLC start skip to get out of the intro, leave songbird on read, go find rebecca's shotgun in the park, hunt maelstrom for sport

watho

Bobby Deluxe posted:

romance judy

watho

probably not doable in 5 hours but definitely worth dying trying to achieve

Philippe

(she/her)

no, i think it's doable

the only "wait a day for X to happen" is after meeting maiko for the first time, and that quest has never not triggered for me

then it's just smooth sailing, take the tyger claw offer but refuse maiko's money, that way judy is disappointed but will still gently caress you

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Spend 5 hours in the character creator making the perfect V.

Bobby Deluxe

oh gently caress i forgot it had a character creator

ok if you only had 4 realistically 3 hours in cyberpunk 2077 what would you do

watho

gently caress meredith

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Playing Inkulinati now. A game where medieval marginalia fight each other appeals to me.

Finger Prince

I've been playing final fantasy 16 all day, just button mashing my way through story mode difficulty. I am not inclined to learn all these button combos or use the evade button for this game. Thankfully I don't have to! And it's actually quite enjoyable. I'm really enjoying the story and the game is gorgeous AF. I like how there's the usual what the gently caress is even going on magic and giant monsters storyline intertwined with a really solid revolutionaries fighting to end slavery normal world storyline too. The godzilla scale Eikon battles are suitably epic too.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Remnant 2 was a good time until my save got corrupted and I lost a level 20 character, but I found out Remnant 1 was a PS plus game so I roll a new guy for the old game and it's .. very much not as fun. Still got some good stuff going but there's some stuff missing. Only 3 archetypes from the start and none of them have a dog. Feels very much the same as the newer one just minus some features

sb hermit

Finger Prince posted:

I've been playing final fantasy 16 all day, just button mashing my way through story mode difficulty. I am not inclined to learn all these button combos or use the evade button for this game. Thankfully I don't have to! And it's actually quite enjoyable. I'm really enjoying the story and the game is gorgeous AF. I like how there's the usual what the gently caress is even going on magic and giant monsters storyline intertwined with a really solid revolutionaries fighting to end slavery normal world storyline too. The godzilla scale Eikon battles are suitably epic too.

fighting to end slavery seems like a good time

sb hermit

there's some stuff missing.

Only 3 archetypes from the start and none of them have a dog.

sounds like you dodged a bullet there

any game that removes the ability to hang out with a dog is literally a bait and switch game

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

sb hermit posted:

any game that removes the ability to hang out with a dog is literally a bait and switch game

Since I'm playing the first one after playing the sequel, they actually added the dog class for the second game - a huge move that improves things

Philippe

(she/her)

sb hermit posted:

ac valhalla was disappointing in many ways, but the main way was that theres no way to bring the cool dog you found along on your adventures

mouse is a summon who goes away after a minute of fighting and thats it

mgsv and fallout 4 spoiled me

Bobby Deluxe

holy poo poo the controller speaker is loud on cyberpunk

Iambic Pentameter

finished gnosia a while ago, would've liked some more character moments but overall really good combo of visual novel and mafia game, also having two nonbinary characters in a japanese vn is crazy

Rockman Reserve

Iambic Pentameter posted:

also having two nonbinary characters in a japanese vn is crazy

gnosia helped me come out as trans lmao

just having multiple non-binary characters and having it be just a total footnote - just a part of who they are rather than some dramatic plot hook bait - was enough to make me really rethink some important things lol

Quadramind

I forgot to move my ceremonial dagger away from my lucky cat :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Since I'm playing the first one after playing the sequel, they actually added the dog class for the second game - a huge move that improves things

:nice:

Philippe posted:

ac valhalla was disappointing in many ways, but the main way was that theres no way to bring the cool dog you found along on your adventures

mouse is a summon who goes away after a minute of fighting and thats it

:smith: