Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

a circle pad is not required unless you're a dumb baby. the touchscreen dpad is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling

Pro Target posted:

wtf why does it need batteries at all

the circle pad doesn't plug into the 3ds it just cradles it and communicates through the infrared port.

Bread Set Jettison

actually yeah idk I dont even remember changing the batteries or even putting them in

whatever just hunt monsters with me

Pro Target

Classicist posted:

the circle pad doesn't plug into the 3ds it just cradles it and communicates through the infrared port.

Grass Effect
At least the new 3DS has a little nipple thingy for an extra analog stick.

ron color
apotheon is fun so far, theres a lot of novelty in picking what im going to throw at the next dude while im running, and exploring is alright

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Anybody picking up a New 3DS on friday?

Bread Set Jettison

Ancient Aroma posted:

Anybody picking up a New 3DS on friday?

Im gonna try but I didnt preorder it so idk

just gonna run to gamestop at lunch and see what they have

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
I bought sunless sea, I'm hoping it's as fun as everyone says. not going to cheat with the values tho

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

would you prefer maybe the sega cd?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 11, 2015

Scaly Haylie

y'know, i've never been one for city builders but cities: skylines looks real good to me. am i getting old?

deep dish peat moss

Good City Builders:
Sim City 4

Okay city builders:
Anno
Banished

Scaly Haylie

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Good City Builders:
Sim City 4

Okay city builders:
Anno
Banished

would you say SC4 has aged well? more importantly, would you say it's a good "entry-level" title?

deep dish peat moss

Sim City 4 is and always will be the best city builder ever made. The only way to top it would be to re-make it exactly the same but with some of the bigger mods like NAM built in and tighten up the graphics on level 3. It's the best entry level city builder because it's like asking whether you should start by reading hemingway or stephanie meyer

Scaly Haylie

does it effectively teach you how to play it or not, i guess, is my question

deep dish peat moss

There's no tutorial or anything, but success isn't very complicated, the complex part is making your city do exactly what you want it to do.

http://www.simtropolis.com/omnibus/_/simcity-4/tutorials/making-money-the-easy-way-r102
this 3 page guide will teach you everything you need to know to make enough money with your cities to experiment and build huge regions and cities.

deep dish peat moss

If anyone else in byob starts playing sim city 4, i will also start playing it again. It'sa really good game, and girls think it's sexy.

Scaly Haylie

ehhhhhh i think i'll just wait for skylines to come out, the whole no tutorial thing is kind of a motivation killer

e: y'know what that's not fair. thanks for the link, i'll give SC4 a shot

dogcrash truther

Lizard Wizard posted:

ehhhhhh i think i'll just wait for skylines to come out, the whole no tutorial thing is kind of a motivation killer

Dude...

dogcrash truther
That's some of the weakest poo poo I've ever read

Scaly Haylie

dogcrash truther posted:

That's some of the weakest poo poo I've ever read

thus my edit :sweatdrop:

GEExCEE

there's no tutorial to this open-ended sandbox game... what the christ

GEExCEE

HITLER: THis isn't paint by numbers! you know what? gently caress art school...

deep dish peat moss

I just d/l it and I'm going to play it right now.

deep dish peat moss

GEExCEE posted:

HITLER: THis isn't paint by numbers! you know what? gently caress art school...

hahaa

tao of lmao

the only thing i can't stand with 4 is managing services

Scaly Haylie

what the gently caress funnypost collabo!!!

tao of lmao

i didn't hate 5 and i'd almost say it's a better entry level game to the genre, by the time you realize all the things 5 lacks, 4 is right there waiting for you.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

dogdisaster posted:

I bought sunless sea, I'm hoping it's as fun as everyone says. not going to cheat with the values tho

i saw that on steam the other day and was wondering how it was. report back,.

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

what the gently caress funnypost collabo!!!

it was a test and you passed.

Scaly Haylie

Garbage Person posted:

i didn't hate 5 and i'd almost say it's a better entry level game to the genre, by the time you realize all the things 5 lacks, 4 is right there waiting for you.

eh, i've got 4 and i'm not really looking to drop $30 at the moment. you guys seen cities: skylines though? just found out about it through a video sips did today, looks amaze

dogdisaster

by Lowtax

Brillo_Pad posted:

i saw that on steam the other day and was wondering how it was. report back,.

it's pretty fun, the real time combat is well done. the writing is good which is a plus since there's a lot of reading in the game. i died already so i'll have to give it another shot tomorrow.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Scaly Haylie

hey how do i run sc4 in a window please

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

hey how do i run sc4 in a window please

http://bit.ly/1zY7Uvs

deep dish peat moss

Cities Skylines is made by the guys who made Cities XL which was no good, and then they made Cities XXL which was even less good.

deep dish peat moss

They always have good trailers and then the game is shallow and boring and barely runs on anything, and as soon as you get a sizable city everything starts crashing and stops working. they\ve released the same game twice now and the second time their big selling point was that they fixed all the bugs and crashing and memory leak issues, but it was literally the exact same engine and still had all of the same bugs and crashing and memory leak issues.

Scaly Haylie

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Cities Skylines is made by the guys who made Cities XL which was no good, and then they made Cities XXL which was even less good.

actually no. it's by paradox, but i can see why the title might cause some confusion.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 12, 2015

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

been getting into tome finally. alchemist is an awesome class to start with

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

actually no. it's by paradox, but i can see why the title might cause some confusion.

paradox is a publisher. they don't develop many games. You're right though it's not the Cities XL guys, it's the Cities in Motions guys which was another bad city builder that wasn't even a real city builder. Cities XL/XXL was a better game than CiM 1/2 it just had an unplayable engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I really wish there were good city builders that weren't Sim City 4 because I have played it way too much. I've researched this extensively but there's nothing that is as good. I have fun with Banished and Anno but they aren't Sim City