Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

From what I heard it's not the best game, gameplay wise, but the art and story are cool and the boss fights are imaginative and unique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Sure, but I'm just going to read a guide and create perfect beings like God did.

deep dish peat moss

Someone should post this thread: If God wrote a Strategy Guide

deep dish peat moss

Walkthrough
Chapter I: Genesis

Day 1:
Create Light, you'll be shocked at the combo bonuses you get off of later creations, this is the very first turn and it's the biggest opportunity for a combo generator for several years.

Day 2:
This is when you get to pick the location for your home base. I picked Heaven and this guide will assume that you did, too.

Day 3:
Start by withdrawing the waters, put your resources in to creating Sea and Earth. Your Light from Day 1 will combo off of these immediately and earn you a lot of Creation Points (CP)

Day 4:
Set up your resource production chains. This part depends on the Faith you chose at the start of the game, I'm not writing a guide for it.

Day 5:
Boss fight, just some sea beasts. They're not too bad. Once they're dead you can claim their territory, there's a lot of room for expansion so build some houses to boost pop. growth.

Day 6:
Here's where you get to design your villagers. I just chose Mankind, they're pretty average and easy to play. They mostly take care of themselves but they're locked to a Short game length, perfect for your first play.

Day 7:
Conjure yourself a beer because you can spend this whole day resting.

deep dish peat moss

Stormyish posted:

I need help finding a game
I finished all of the interesting games I already had on steam, and I can only play civ so much
I need something with an enthralling story, not boring game play, and is plenty long enough so that I have something to do after work

play a game like x-com, xenonaut,s darkest dungeon, etc. and make up your own story as you go along

deep dish peat moss

if you want another 4x here are all the best ones that aren't civ 4

old ones:

master of magic

master of orion 2

alpha centauri

age of wonders 1, 2, or shadow magic

newer ones:

galactic civilizations 2

endless legend

age of wonders 3

deep dish peat moss

I know I'm late to the party but I just played chapter 1 of The Wolf Among us and it was really good. It's the first Telltale game Ive played except Walking Dead, which I didn't like because I'm not too in to zombies.

deep dish peat moss

The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 is directed by a guy named "Jason Latino"

deep dish peat moss

Space Chem was good at breaking down the cognitive dissonance and making me realize I'm worthless

deep dish peat moss

It's funny to me that Space Chem did to me in five stages what the Shaolin dedicate their lives to achieving.

deep dish peat moss

Mooooooom Grandpa John keeps trying to tell war stories when im playing call of duty

deep dish peat moss

GEExCEE posted:

baraka obama ]state of the union]: My fellow americans... it has come to my attention that a bunch of fake as s preppies are wearing glasses without prescriptions and super mario world t-shirts... what the gently caress? I wdidn't wait for 12 hours outside gamestop, sometimes in the freezing cold while teh rain flap on my pup tent wouldn't stay shut, to preorder all 3 halos just so these weak rear end candy crushers could come and horn in on my thing now that it's " cool" to be a nerd. who does that. gently caress all a yall. al-Shishani yeah i'm talking to you. you think because you came over to my house in 4th grade and played super smash for half an hour now all of a sudden you're a gamer? I thought you said the n64 for was "Mondo Gay" so why the gently caress now u got a diddy kong sticker on your kalash. eat poo poo posers. because honestly you know what when i'm on a 8-man kill streak and calling in an airstrike on ur dumb rear end, it's going to be obvious who's getting recruited by MLG and who doesnt know the difference between his rear end and the $100 turtle beach xbox one headset his mom got him for ramadan or whatever the gently caress
lol

deep dish peat moss

Ivy posted:

why does infinifactory take place on top of a mountain?

you p[lay as the kid that survived the train crash in snow piercer

deep dish peat moss

Good City Builders:
Sim City 4

Okay city builders:
Anno
Banished

deep dish peat moss

Sim City 4 is and always will be the best city builder ever made. The only way to top it would be to re-make it exactly the same but with some of the bigger mods like NAM built in and tighten up the graphics on level 3. It's the best entry level city builder because it's like asking whether you should start by reading hemingway or stephanie meyer

deep dish peat moss

There's no tutorial or anything, but success isn't very complicated, the complex part is making your city do exactly what you want it to do.

http://www.simtropolis.com/omnibus/_/simcity-4/tutorials/making-money-the-easy-way-r102
this 3 page guide will teach you everything you need to know to make enough money with your cities to experiment and build huge regions and cities.

deep dish peat moss

If anyone else in byob starts playing sim city 4, i will also start playing it again. It'sa really good game, and girls think it's sexy.

deep dish peat moss

I just d/l it and I'm going to play it right now.

deep dish peat moss

GEExCEE posted:

HITLER: THis isn't paint by numbers! you know what? gently caress art school...

hahaa

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

what the gently caress funnypost collabo!!!

it was a test and you passed.

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

hey how do i run sc4 in a window please

http://bit.ly/1zY7Uvs

deep dish peat moss

Cities Skylines is made by the guys who made Cities XL which was no good, and then they made Cities XXL which was even less good.

deep dish peat moss

They always have good trailers and then the game is shallow and boring and barely runs on anything, and as soon as you get a sizable city everything starts crashing and stops working. they\ve released the same game twice now and the second time their big selling point was that they fixed all the bugs and crashing and memory leak issues, but it was literally the exact same engine and still had all of the same bugs and crashing and memory leak issues.

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

actually no. it's by paradox, but i can see why the title might cause some confusion.

paradox is a publisher. they don't develop many games. You're right though it's not the Cities XL guys, it's the Cities in Motions guys which was another bad city builder that wasn't even a real city builder. Cities XL/XXL was a better game than CiM 1/2 it just had an unplayable engine.

deep dish peat moss

I really wish there were good city builders that weren't Sim City 4 because I have played it way too much. I've researched this extensively but there's nothing that is as good. I have fun with Banished and Anno but they aren't Sim City

deep dish peat moss

go ahead and buy it and let me know if it's good. I have no faith

deep dish peat moss

also it's still not developed by Paradox so if you're trying to get sick owns in they shouldn't be about the developer

deep dish peat moss

I think it looks good but so does every city builder that has come out since Sim City 4 :(

deep dish peat moss

Momohime Katsumi posted:

what are good split screen co-op games that I can play on PC? I have castle crashers and have played a hacked split screen version of borderlands 2 and the new one at length and need some fresh blood for me and my firend.

nuclear throne. trine. dynasty warriors 8. risk of rain. sonic & all stars racing transformed.

deep dish peat moss

It's a game where you play as a rapping illuminati symbol and blow airhorns in the faces of nuclear waste crabs and birds with machine guns, also double shotguns, there are laser rifles, crossbows, nuke launchers, triple machineguns, hyper rifles. It's good.

deep dish peat moss

Pro Target posted:

i would go so far as to say that there has never been a single good western fighting game

the n64 WWF games

deep dish peat moss

Full-Bodied Flavor posted:

yeah like every game is :evilbuddy:

Aladdin, Beavis and Butthead, Shadowrun, Jurassic Park

This checks out.

deep dish peat moss

I hate those things. Reminds me of the kind of amateur gamers who use non-mechanical keyboards. How you think you're going to get into the game if you got no feedback?

deep dish peat moss

I'm playing this game called Catacomb Kids and it's nuts

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315840/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaHTgdFD4hU

everyone should aply it. The best way I can describe it is Dark Souls: Procedural Roguelike Platformer edition.

The number of ways you can interact with the environment is pretty staggering. I threw a rock at a torch on the wall, knocking it over on to a couple of orcs and lighting them on fire, then turned invisible and stabbed them in the back while they were burning. If you throw a potion of poison it will create a pool of liquid poison that will poison items dipped in it. Combat is very much like dark souls, you have a dodge roll with iframes, a couple different attacks for each weapon, dashing and dashing attacks, etc. As you level up you can unlock more traits like parkour abilities that let you run up walls.

I made my guy really smart and he learned trigonometry and was able to predict the trajectory of thrown objects. You can use anything in the game as a throwing weapon so I started throwing potions. I threw an unidentified potion at a rat, turns out it was a potion of invisibility. An invisible rat stalked me around stealing my items and running away with them until I died.

deep dish peat moss

Also it's really really hard and you will probably die dozens of times before even beating 1 floor

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

the new dragonball game seriously owns.

I played this at my friend's house and it's really good, and I want it, but I can't afford it any time soon

deep dish peat moss

I hope the online play is not dead when I can get it

deep dish peat moss

I'm bored of video games again.

deep dish peat moss

I like Banished. It's one of the 3 good City Builders. Download the Colonial Charter mod from Steam Workshop if you haven't, it adds a bunch of new buildings, resources, jobs etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

My only problem with Banished is once you figure it out, nothing really changes... if you know the proper size to make your fields + pastures, how many people to assign to each task and how to use the game's kind of weird pathfinding to set up unintuitive supply chains, then you've conquered everything the game has to offer, the only option you have left is to quit playing or keep doing the same thing.