Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pro Target

the zachtronics guy had his idea literalyl ripped from his hands by notch who went on to make billions and giove literally nothing to that guy.then he went and made spacechem which is arguably the best puzzle game of all time.hes cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

I respect him a lot for making such a challenging puzzle game that still remains creative instead of locking you into a single solution... i fantasize about wolf o'donnel hitting fox for standing up to him

Pro Target

http://www.zachtronics.com/the-bureau-of-steam-engineering/ i want him to make a real version of this next

Pro Target

its frustrating because the idea is good but its like,the grid is too small and the game is too short to do anything withti. he should remake it but with 3d robot movementand sh-it

Pro Target

revengeance does have a dodge button its called Offensive Defense or Defensive Offense i cant remember and you buy the move and then use it

Pro Target

mgr is the 2nd best platinum game

Pro Target

i am he posted:

i dont know what the first best is, but mgr is really good.

bayonetta, friend

Pro Target

bayonetta has basically the best combat system in any game ever

Pro Target

fits hosed up how much this game appeals to me

Pro Target

its similar to spacechem in the same way that other zachtronics engineering/puzzle games are but its enough of its Own Thing

Pro Target

it has no waldos, so no copout sync instruction to make the puzzles way easier

Pro Target

mother 3

Pro Target

i had some really bad spacecvhem solutions... on the one where you had to make uranium out of hydrogen my solution was to add a manual switch and then sit there until the uranium was formed and flik it just at the right moment to push it onto another track, and then back again immediaely or the entire thing would break, and do that 10x

Pro Target

i like how infinifactory and spacechem encourage going back and finding optimized solutions for cycles and resources used to push your score on both axes up~

Pro Target

itd be cool to generate spacechem solutions by genetic algorithm

Pro Target

yeah its actually a decent introduciton to Multi-threaded programming (especially how using Sync a lot and inappropriately can kill your dangp erformance)

Pro Target

:q:

Pro Target

i got this one to like 99th perc entile on Cycles

Pro Target

Security Drone posted:

is there any prebuilt library for spacechem simulation? that could be fun tho I'm not sure how you'd write the fitness algorithim, the vast vast vast set aren't inefficient solutions but completely unworkable ones, maybe have it adjust an existing solution for individuals and do your genomes off that?

It's probably a bad candidate in general because even the tiniest mutation can turn a working solution Bad... Also there's no obvious way of performing crossover excerpt maybe take the red track of one and the blue of the other..

Pro Target

i spent like 2 hours agonizing over this puzzle and the solved it Efficiently in 2 minutes i really really like this dang game

Pro Target

theys hould have an axis for the real best metric (looking cool)

Pro Target

da fwiggin miwitary industwial compwex

Pro Target

wtf why does it need batteries at all

Pro Target

Classicist posted:

the circle pad doesn't plug into the 3ds it just cradles it and communicates through the infrared port.

Pro Target

iits time for a new world of darjkness game

Pro Target

i want to play a 40 hour long werewolf game by troika,please

Pro Target

i want to be a cute werewolf in the virtual world almost as badly as iun the real one

Pro Target

i thinktroika should come back and make the new werewolf game like bloodlines so i can play as http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Ragabash and have a great time/ thanks all, hope to see you in the future!

Pro Target

the mortal kombat games are garbage in all their iterations

Pro Target

All of the original mortal kombat games are so laughably inferior to street fighter 2 that its ridiculous to even mention them together like im doing right now

Pro Target

who care s tho the majoras mask special edition ios ugly

Pro Target

the monster hunter one with the fur pattern is cool tho

Pro Target

it looks bad

Pro Target

it'll be ";worth more" for thes ame reason it was Sold Out, because people like majoras mask a lot

Pro Target

the monster hunter one is limited edition and looks good though

Pro Target

it loosk like someone doodled hte thingso n it with a pencil (in the worst way)

Pro Target

Garbage Person posted:

video games are for children

umm.. ya... no

Pro Target

we DONT do that here.

Pro Target

Jerry Cotton posted:

Re: Mortal kombat. Anyone who thinks MK vs DCU is bad probably...
Hasn't played it.

i have played it, and its not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

i would go so far as to say that there has never been a single good western fighting game