Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaquin

Jerry Cotton posted:

maybe all games have plenty of dickgirls but you don't know it because they don't show their genitalia (i hope you don't play a lot of games where girls show their genitalia)

P. sure you can straight up see the bulge. But I think it's tastefully handled overall iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
Not to throw around unsound inferences but I thought captain anime himself Otacon toting around an adopted child was a little weirder but he seems pretty good about the whole deal overall

Shaquin

Mapparu posted:

ive played so much civ and i still i am bad at it.
im more of an eu4 person now

This is like being bad at checkers but really loving fourth dimensional hyper chess

Shaquin
I'm gonna weed and play it myself and maybe get a pizza game seems to have that vibe

Shaquin

Lizard Wizard posted:

origin is giving away need for speed: most wanted. is it any good?

If you like arcade race game ya especially for free but it's all been downhill since underground imo

Shaquin
pillars of eternity is real cool now that it's all released i'm a moon lady monk with philosopher roots wandering the fantasy land asking people deep questions like "Why did you think the thing?" or statements like "Maybe there is no thing."

non commital lazy buddhist outlook seems to get them real riled up and there's a new storytime difficulty for aging gamers like myself who wana look at high definition 2d art of nice rivers or dank bogs and throw math to the wind

Shaquin
legacy of kain games are pretty metal for zeldaish games

darksiders 1 and 2 for similar reasons

brutal legend is pretty good would be better if it were a hack and slash but the Sacrifice style action rts thing was fine with me because I like and had played Sacrifice

Odallus is real metal and very metroid but honestly is incredibly incredibly difficult and i like difficult games

A drat shame about Slain being the work of procrastinating idiots or whatever because it looks incredible

Shaquin fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 28, 2016

Shaquin
they are good but no fun strider and it's offshoots are the best way to engage with the gameplay. warrior is good for Guts factor but you are gonna get real mad at harpys

Shaquin
playing dark souls 2 and i have to say it's very cool possibly cooler than the first one. not as cohesive or connected but I played demon souls first so majula being sort of a hub world and new areas being sort of different themes is neat

Shaquin
I've enjoyed the souls games so much because I went from a turtling heavy armor coward when demon souls was fresh to a parry crazy must never get hit glass cannon lover now. They are also the only rpg's that I give a poo poo about the story in, and they have almost no exposition dumps at all.

Shaquin
Boss fights are the penultimate form of gaming and they dont get much better anywhere else

Shaquin

Awesome! posted:

monster hunter

monster hunter is held back for me by the kinda awkward movement and combat but i haven't played one since freedom unite or whatever on psp

Shaquin
i dont like the katanas but thats because my mode for souls games now a days is to just go for a sort of Venetian knight aesthetic. like a master duelist from a 16th century Italian merchant republic was transported to a fantasy land and damned if he knows whats going on but he certainly knows which end of the rapier is good for killing

Shaquin
i tried to explain to my friends who game why they needed to play these games and they expressed some very disheartening sentiments about how they don't like that if you die you lose your stuff. i tried to get across that the stuff is just flowing all the time, you will seldom register the loss after a certain point but i think their taste for challenging games is dimming and that sucks.

Shaquin

Moola posted:

I don't like katanas because Asians made them

we need to build a wall around Lordran to keep out the Asians and they swords

It's too late they've breached the third game. Serpentine indeed.

Shaquin
If you did not choose this face and keep it exactly the same then smdh

Shaquin
monster hunter for me does not suffer from inferior mechanics but instead the staggering lack of fluidity. In a souls game every control feels like the natural extension of the input device and my human body. In monster hunter from time to time it has felt like you are battling the controls or are at least constrained by them.

Shaquin
I have no idea why they thought it was at all useful to force you to invest 15ish points into a stat depending on starting class to return your dodge roll to baseline functionality

Shaquin
the math on it is weird too where there is just a break point around 25ish adp where it scales up or down on your armor exactly like it did in the first game I have no idea what the hell they were trying to accomplish

Shaquin
i am getting a wiiu once i start my new job. a ps4 would be wiser but i am tired of getting zelda and metroid urges and being nintendoly frustrated

Shaquin
ive fallen out of pc gaming more or less so a ps4 would provide relevant current options but then i remember having a soft modded wii being the best console decision i made last generation and mario galaxy making me make the noises of a child

Shaquin
fightcade is next level. sega controllers were the best. wise post

Shaquin
willem dafoe apparently has a legendarily massive penis im sure his life is fine

Shaquin
i cooped doom 2 with a bud a while back we blazed a bunch and talked about how Disturbed is still a cool band

Shaquin
disgaea always seemed bog standard for a srpg outside of number embiggening

Shaquin
srpgs are all good in any event i have many fond memories of being stuck somewhere or sick as hell as a kid and ffta or fire emblem being just the best medicine

Shaquin

Lizard Wizard posted:

i've been playing a lot of guild wars 2 lately, it's very cool and good and doesn't stress me out like other MMOs.

it's really very good but I wish they would let me pay them a flat fee every month for some QoL stuff like infinite transmogging or whatever. maybe cut down on the three thousand currency types as well

Shaquin
wow is a bad game and i dont even know how you could get into it fresh now but warcraft is so embedded in my brain from childhood i hear an orc voice and get the actual bloodlust effect coursing through my gamer nodes and this is how blizzard has annually extracted roughly 80 dollars a year from me since 2004

Shaquin
that was my last serious investment of time was circa cataclysm and getting a good buddy into it. it felt almost vampiric because of how fatigued of the game i was at that point but the experience of riding along for someones first trip through giving me those new game feels.

Shaquin
the worst vampire, mmo enablercula

Shaquin
front mission gun hazard is one of the coolest games ive ever played and has kicked off a major 2d wave in my life

Shaquin
i still have to beat dark souls 2 however before 3 which was somewhat stalled when i went through 1 again and didnt realize once you know the ropes it takes about 9 hours to beat and thats at a languid pace

Shaquin
glad slain is finally out after a thousand thousand years of delays. dehumanize yourself and face to metal.

Shaquin
has anybody done quake live, im in the mood to frag

Shaquin
lmao my cousin asked my aunt for dark souls 3 for his birthday he's about starting college age now but I can safely say it was a proud and unexpected moment

Shaquin
heavy is a demon souls carryover iirc. it lets you make any weapon str based

Shaquin
looks good but where the hell is the limb choppin, disembowlin, and skull cavin

Shaquin

lmbo calrissian posted:

Ok so first this boy Cody is AMAZING and im FALLING IN LIKE

2nd I bought a 3ds xl refurbished from nintendo, black, from ebay buy it now for $115, with free shipping

what a deal huh fellows

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Blue-Black-FACTORY-REFURBISHED-BY-NINTENDO-/111828371652?hash=item1a097d88c4:g:shsAAOSw3KFWesu1

respect for posting that deal time to drop a c note and be mildly uneasy about it in the morning

Shaquin
i got nothing but love for nintendo my dsi with a flash cart was the best god drat system ive ever owned, barring the legendary ps2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
just get the current monster hunter its 30 bucks and those games are full of your moneys worth