Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I like video games.

has anyone here played siralim? it's my current play-while-screwing-around-online jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

Hi, unless you have a 4K tv already lined up a regular PS4 slim is probably fine, and it is a good cool console. Enjoy your fun video games.

Speaking of fun video games I got drunk and bought shenzen i/o due to this thread and it is a lot of fun when you don't read the manual.

Rockman Reserve

i wish i got to do cool embedded s*** for my job but its all terrible web applications and awful awful release processes as far as the eye can seeeeeee

unfortunately my grocery store did not have a suitably beige 3 ring binder to store my SHENZHEN LONGTENG TECHNICAL DOCUMENT ORGANIZER so the search continues, on that front

is it actually close at all to real assembly work? i haven't done any since college and while i have a ton of random microprocessors sitting around i just flash them with whatever instead of actually doing cool assembly coding stuff

Rockman Reserve

i tried out that star fox guard tower defense game last night, that might be the most un-chill game in history

Rockman Reserve

Lizard Wizard posted:

Bear in mind it's last game in a trilogy. I'm pretty sure the other two games aren't on Steam yet.

it is the last game in the trilogy and spoils literally everything about the last two, while its own mystery is (imho) the most shallow and unsatisfying of the series. the voice acting is cool and the cutscenes are p good (bear in mind it's ported from handhelds and the first two games just had static visual novel style pictures) but if you haven't played the first two really don't spoil it and start with ZTD

i'm p sure 999 and VLR are slated for steam release anyway, right??

Rockman Reserve

an updated version of both 999 and vlr packaged as "the nonary games" has just been announced for steam q1 2017. if you have any interest in the series you owe it to yourself to play through in order

the insanity ramps up from game to game so jumping in at the end is going to be weird as poo poo too

Rockman Reserve

i am currently playing soul hackers and by that i mean i bought it ages ago and apparently got pretty far and now i'm trying to remember how everything works

other games currently in the same predicament: lost dimension, freedom wars

then there's the plot-heavy games where i remember how to play it's just like wtf is going on, like fe:birthright, and higurashi ch 3 (i remember pretty much everything from higurashi actually but due to the nature of the chapters it's kinda hard to remember what happened when/in which scenario)

basically i have enough games, and fluid enough taste, that i live my life in a perpetual haze of mild confusion

Rockman Reserve

diamond/pearl were terrible awful slogs and i hate hate hated them oh my god

but then black/white came out and got good reviews and i tried it and it was wonderful, so i tried x/y which was also good and ended with a fight against a mysterious giant hobo in the middle of a parade, which was confusing since i didn't remember that being in the story previously but also awesome because what the actual hell was that lol

Rockman Reserve

FF7 is available for iOS with an option to level everyone to 99 and turn off random battles if you want to just see the plot...

....but it's a good game to whip out and grind through a few battles while you're waiting in line or w/e so the level 99 thing is just a bonus

Rockman Reserve

i have Pokémon sun and it is good

Rockman Reserve

Anoia posted:

I wonder if the last guardian will be any good

i am still very convinced that this game does not exist and never will, and at this point that belief is so deeply engrained in my psyche that i will not believe the game exists even when it comes out and i have a copy in my grimy hands

Rockman Reserve

because i am a terrible consumer prostitute i purchased a new New 3ds on black friday and a copy of pkmn moon for my wife to use with my old 3ds

i've been wonder trading like a mofo and boy howdy do i have a ton of worthless rattatas to show for it

meanwhile my wife wonder trades like four times and ends up with crazy stuff like bred starters and rarer lategame pokemon

"life is simply unfair...don't you think?" - Zero II, ZTD

Rockman Reserve

hau is the best rival ever

dumb enough to take the Pokémon weak to your starter, happy enough to make you wish you were dumb on the same level

Rockman Reserve

Historical Wizards posted:

Byob what is your dream game, or a game you wished existed?

i would punch a gopher for a full mega man legends 3 with updated modern features like a randomized dungeon crawl mode, a fix for circlestrafing being godmode, and an explanation for tron's robot vagina

Rockman Reserve

hey Sid try 20XX, it's a procedurally generated Mega Man X style roguelite platformer and the devs update it so often and consistently on time that there's literally a countdown to the next update on the title screen

Rockman Reserve

Quidthulhu posted:

i want to say that i bought this and this game is loving good and it's currently 11 dollars on humble store / 10 dollars if you are a humble monthly subscriber but really it's worth the 15 if you like megaman and rogue-lites. get it get it get it!!!!!

also i'm p sure the devs have said that it's only going to go up in price as it comes to release, and indeed i think when i bought it it was like 11 dollars. they really have an air of professionalism that 99.99% early access game devs don't seem to have, which is weird for a literal mega man fan project

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is Mordheim good?

idk, it looked sweet in the last sale but i didn't get it because Don't Give GW Money. i think when it first came out there was a dearth of content or something too, not sure if that's fixed.

is it on sale again? i might give GW money if it is to try it :ohdear:

Rockman Reserve

Chill la Chill posted:

This rule is only explicitly for GW products, not licensed ones. The FFG GW products were actually good, for example.

:(

and they still make money off of their licensed games, like, a lot of it

Rockman Reserve

Munchables posted:

Nintendo doesn't "get" online

everyone rebuys all of their games for the last 32 or so years every other console generation or so, and this shows no sign of stopping, so i think they "get" money

Rockman Reserve

drilldo squirt posted:

Actually I bought a Playstation instead of a N64 because I couldn't play snes games on it.

i got a playstation instead of an n64 because a dude working for minimum wage at toys r us spent like a solid half hour going through the pros and cons of each system and highlighting the best games for each after i showed up, money-in-hand for a 64, and answered "yes" to "do you have your heart set on a 64?"

it sounds like the absolute gooniest thing in retrospect but the guy was polite and professional and helpful as hell and to this day i'm glad that guy existed, because the psone was a hell of a system.

thanks, random TRU teenager guy.

Rockman Reserve

mgr:r is one of the best games ever and i should really go back and beat it

unfortunately my steam controller is failing to sync wirelessly now, so gently caress me i guess :(

Rockman Reserve

mine is any that hasn't been updated since SotN so it looks all pixelated and lovely compared to the player sprites

Rockman Reserve

poo poo, i am undone

tbh i actually thought they were from SC4 but you're right, it's RoB

Rockman Reserve

anyway i clearly meant Killer Fish who despite appearing in Kid Dracula has used its SotN sprite for like five games and didn't appear in RoB, like, du-uh

Rockman Reserve

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

go 2d and play link's awakening

Rockman Reserve

he's truly a rapscallion, i hope your ire isn't raised too high to enjoy the game

Rockman Reserve

Lizard Wizard posted:

super paper mario was super paper disappointing

super paper mario was awesome and hilarious

paper Mario sticker star is legit one of the worst games ive ever played, ever. not like "oh wow you gotta play this bad game lol, it's awesome how terrible it is", just tremendously bland and boring and awful in literally every aspect

paper jam is okay sorta I guess? I should finish that

Rockman Reserve

Lizard Wizard posted:

the combat in super paper mario basically didn't exist.

well, uh, it wasn't an RPG? i mean it's a really funny game with some cool ideas that (generally) don't overstay their welcome but the real reason to play it is the best final boss of any mario game ever

e: and it's way better than sticker star, where the combat itself was p fun but there were no experience points and every attack used resources so you literally were better off never fighting anything ever. it cannot be overstated how Bad sticker star is

Rockman Reserve

super paper mario still has the best final boss fight of any mario game though

Lizard Wizard posted:

time for a burglary

having played BotW for like a million hours this weekend i'm pretty sure this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAffMSpW8KM

justified

Rockman Reserve

Lizard Wizard posted:

not as long as yoshi's island exists it doesn't

if you think a big mode7 baby bowser is somehow better than giant headless evil mecha clown Luigi you've got a illness there ain't no pills to fix

SPM also had the little girl that turned into a freaky spider monster, and the chameleon that was straight up a goon

i should replay that game.....if I ever have time to play non-BotW games again.

BotW is so, so, so, so good

Rockman Reserve

Shaquin posted:

breath of the wild is the perfect video game, gifted to you by the mighty starmen of nintendo

botw is so good that i can't tell if you're trying to be ironic here

Rockman Reserve

a bone to pick posted:

I thought the whole point of that thing is you can bring the tablet anywhere in your house

nah the range on the wii u is like fifteen feet, still cool to not monopolize the tv but you can't like carry it with you to the kitchen or w/e unless you're in a one bedroom apt

tao of lmao posted:

runs fine for me

me too, are you on a Switch? ive heard that had problems in tv mode

Rockman Reserve

tao of lmao posted:

I'm a Wii U man. typically I'll wait a year or two before picking up consoles.

i have ended up getting consoles that i wasn't super excited about at launch for one stupid reason or another

the switch comes out and it's the first time i'm excited for a console in foreeeevverrrr (just for the form factor - off-TV play is awesome and not being tethered to a "home base" console is going to be awesome) and i couldn't get my hands on one, preorders sold out like an hour before i tried and i had meetings and poo poo all morning so i couldn't camp out like a moron

:sigh:

i actually only bought the wii u last year on a drunken whim and now, BotW makes me really really glad i did

Rockman Reserve

Meridian posted:

Speaking of Qud, I think I am going to take a break from WoW and try to get better at some of the roguelikes and strategy games in the back log.

qud looks really good but there is a stupid amount of cool poo poo coming out in the next month and I still want a Switch :(

did tome just get an update? I always wanted to try to get good at that one.

Rockman Reserve

Bobby Deluxe posted:

or now given that its the same game every time

not every time but this time, yeah, it's literally mario kart 8: this time with battle arenas

last year i literally could not buy a wii u that didn't come with mario kart 8 so i'm thinking a lot of people might pass on it, but what do i know. it's not like there's much else for the switch.

it's a shame because mk8 was really really good except for the lack of battle arenas but i kinda got it out of my system already, y'know?

Rockman Reserve

Pro Target posted:

Resident Evil 1 is the only good resident evil game, 4-on in particular are complete poo poo

re 7 is really good

Meridian posted:

I haven't played a Mario Kart game in years so I am really looking forward to it.

you're in for a treat then. the new tracks are awesome and the racing feels really mario-kart-y if that makes sense, i'm just salty on it because the original release was so totally phoned in outside of said tracks

Rockman Reserve

Meridian posted:

How do you mean, too similar to previous versions?

eh not like...too similar I guess, just the whole thing had this really artificial feeling sheen over everything that was kind of evocative of an ipad game in my mind. when you combine that kind of substanceless flash with the lazy, tacked-on battle mode (seriously why even include it without arenas? it was pretty much unplayable on most of the tracks) the game felt kind of heartless despite all the love that was put into the new tracks

that said the racing feels really really good, it's just that with the people i play games with most often we're competitive enough that the BS rubberbanding in mario kart is annoying after a few rounds and we'd all prefer to play battle anyway, so i'm really biased here

Rockman Reserve

best kart racing game remains CTR tho

Rockman Reserve

Pro Target posted:

re7 is a boring PT knockoff withoutthe coolness of PT, and it tries to do some throwback stuff to RE1 but it has none of the stuff that made RE1 fun adn charming either. yawn.pass

is the coolness of PT the fact that it doesn't exist anymore? because really imo that's a pretty big mark against it

Rockman Reserve

Guillermus posted:

everybody's golf (hot shots) is coming to ps4 so get ready for insane action

is this the one that everyone got for vita when that came out and there was a dearth of games? 'cuz it was p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

dear byob

what are good chill roguelikes i can play while bored at work

i have caves of qud but it's not caves of qlicking for me for whatever reason