Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

posting smiling
talk about the video game you're playing and post pictures in this thread

grow home is about doing sick rock climbing moves while hunting for gems

you have a jet pack

you can barely walk

infinifactory is a game about conveyor belts

i have a copy of their last game spacechem that i'll give you on steam if you can prove that you're smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling

Al Borland posted:

Space chem is supposedly a really good game to play and chill to.

it's good, and educational.

posting smiling

Miss Psychosis posted:

Anyone else have sick power fantasies where you add your enemies on steam then send them a bad video game owning them in a way they can never recover from?

i'm going to start a steam curator page and only recommend bad games... somebody's going to get owned big time by this.

posting smiling

Garbage Person posted:

I've been juggling Mario Kart, Monster Hunter 3, and Binding of Isaac lately. Really, really interested in Darkest Dungeon too but I don't want to buy early access anymore.

nice. i just remembered that i had binding of isaac through ps plus, so i'm going to try that. i never got very far in the original though.

posting smiling

dogcrash truther posted:

as a puzzle game it's one of the best ever. maybe the best ever. i'm ho

yeah

posting smiling

i forgot he made that. that game is cool.

posting smiling

famous gamer

posting smiling
a free experimental thing came out on steam the other day where you mess around with a pond ecosystem and watch how it reacts

it reminded me of this thing (java required) which is a cool evolution simulator

you can design organisms

and see if they survive and reproduce when placed with the randomly generated ones

posting smiling

Ivy posted:

first it was the math stuff, now this. where do you find all this cool poo poo?

surfing the world wide web

posting smiling
if i ran a biogenesis competition where people could submit an organism and have it face off in a last man standing style fight to the death against everybody else's, would anyone want to do that?

posting smiling

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Sure, but I'm just going to read a guide and create perfect beings like God did.

then i will also take a move from god's playbook and cast your being out of the garden of eden: terrordome (that's what i'll call the contest)

posting smiling

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Walkthrough
Chapter I: Genesis

Day 1:
Create Light, you'll be shocked at the combo bonuses you get off of later creations, this is the very first turn and it's the biggest opportunity for a combo generator for several years.

Day 2:
This is when you get to pick the location for your home base. I picked Heaven and this guide will assume that you did, too.

Day 3:
Start by withdrawing the waters, put your resources in to creating Sea and Earth. Your Light from Day 1 will combo off of these immediately and earn you a lot of Creation Points (CP)

Day 4:
Set up your resource production chains. This part depends on the Faith you chose at the start of the game, I'm not writing a guide for it.

Day 5:
Boss fight, just some sea beasts. They're not too bad. Once they're dead you can claim their territory, there's a lot of room for expansion so build some houses to boost pop. growth.

Day 6:
Here's where you get to design your villagers. I just chose Mankind, they're pretty average and easy to play. They mostly take care of themselves but they're locked to a Short game length, perfect for your first play.

Day 7:
Conjure yourself a beer because you can spend this whole day resting.

lol

posting smiling

Pro Target posted:

fits hosed up how much this game appeals to me

awesome. much better solution than mine i think.

Awesome! posted:

is it basically spacechem in 3d or does it add in other ideas/mechanics

it's very much like spacechem, but if you played spacechem this feels pretty fresh. i think the most fundamental difference for me is that instead of having very constricted grids and strict rules like "no collisions", "only two ins and outs", it's very open and forgiving of things like blocks pushing each other, being able to throw blocks off the edge if you don't want them, being able to change the speed that blocks come in to shave off cycles or make it easier if need be.

posting smiling
no one has gotten the free copy of space chem yet. message me on steam for a free copy of space chem.

posting smiling
my name on steam is the same as my name on byob, as well as real life.

posting smiling
has anyone played factorio? is that one good?

posting smiling

i am he posted:

i deleted steam :insanity:

:what::milk::redass:

Stormyish posted:

I need help finding a game
I finished all of the interesting games I already had on steam, and I can only play civ so much
I need something with an enthralling story, not boring game play, and is plenty long enough so that I have something to do after work

maybe play one of the spiderweb rpgs (avadon, geneforge, etc.) if you like things like that

posting smiling

Pro Target posted:

i spent like 2 hours agonizing over this puzzle and the solved it Efficiently in 2 minutes i really really like this dang game

i hate going back to a puzzle and making the solution cleaner and nicer and then realizing it's way slower

posting smiling

Pro Target posted:

wtf why does it need batteries at all

the circle pad doesn't plug into the 3ds it just cradles it and communicates through the infrared port.

posting smiling

Momohime Katsumi posted:

what are good split screen co-op games that I can play on PC? I have castle crashers and have played a hacked split screen version of borderlands 2 and the new one at length and need some fresh blood for me and my firend.

magicka

posting smiling

Momohime Katsumi posted:

i tried that and the controls seemed terrible and clunky :\ i think i killed my friend and pushed them into the water a bunch or soemthing

that's what's fun

posting smiling

Momohime Katsumi posted:

whqat is he nuclear throne and why do people keep talking about it?

it's a top down shooter with permadeath like binding of isaac with lots of guns like borderlands made by the creators of super crate box, luftrausers.

posting smiling

ibts posted:

ive been playing a lot of dying light and i cant tell if i love the game because its actually really good or because i really WANT to think its good

i felt the same way with dead island for awhile and most people know how that probably turned out (traaaaaash)

i'm swearing off first person parkour until the triumphant release of Mirror's Edge 2

posting smiling

ibts posted:

one big problem with the game i can reliably identify is that, until considerably later in the game you get tired when sprinting so loving quick, after like 20 seconds of running

your character is way too out of shape to be able to be climbing all those loving buildings

i just want to soar through the air and run sideways on the walls and not fight with the living or the dead

posting smiling

Tonetta posted:

is this still available? add me on steam (tonetta7) and ill show you my sick infinifactory stats either way and we can discuss cool things to do in the game

sorry it's gone now

posting smiling
to get good at eastern fighting games read sun tzu's "the art of war"

to get good at western fighting games watch the movie "fight club" with brad pitt and edward norton

posting smiling

Pro Target posted:

Ahh,western fighting games... what a legacy: mortal kombat, killer instinct, and Clayfighter

divekick

posting smiling

i am he posted:

which one

the new one, 4, probably.

posting smiling

i am he posted:

is it out?

yes.

posting smiling
i've got one more platinum to get in trials fusion here's me killing it on the extreme from the new dlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQJ2IQX4qIs

posting smiling

i am he posted:

going to watch this later. I couldn't get any platinums on the xbla one I played.

speaking of platinum tho I just bought bayonetta 1&2 :rockin:

cool. those look good. trials is very serious for me and i play to win.

posting smiling

i am he posted:

also I haven't forgotten about my promised Sherlock Holmes lp classicist buddy

the lp is on hiatus

posting smiling

dogcrash truther posted:

that game looks extremely retarded lmao

throw down a first try barrel skip on inferno 4 and then tell me it's retarded

posting smiling

:ughh:

posting smiling

The Green Calx posted:

someone tell that man its not safe to ride his motorbike on pipes like that. im worried for his safety and well being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhFQm6i0TDc

posting smiling
drat... i thought the cruis'n usa theme was good

posting smiling
me (concentrating intensely): if i can just apply the right amount of gas, i'll be able to crest this hill, then i'll use engine braking to slow my descent down the other side and keep the suspension from bottoming out at the bottom.

dogcrash truther: i liek excite bike

posting smiling
hatsune miku project diva f 2nd is half off on the playstation store

posting smiling

Awesome! posted:

or in addition to

can i buy a new ribbon to put in my earth defender's hair when i do a good job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling
try to find a mr vacuum machine if there is one in your area

close up of mr vacuum (click for big)