Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

oliwan posted:

Ive been watching some of these "angry video game nerd" videos and my god are they cringeworthy. However, they are not so bad as the videos in which the same two guys just play videogames out of character and yell gently caress all the time.

i agree with this poist

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
he has a point, people on youtube yelling over videogames is cool and not lame at all.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

ron color posted:

actually if someone funny and interesting did it it would be good

it would be, but that's very unlikely to happen

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
invite me along for color commentary on things

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

no game has been or will ever be better than Crash bandicoot 3 WARPED

in assassin's creed 2 at the end you fistfight the pope and can stomp on him after wrestling him to the ground. nothing's better than that.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

u could do that in real life though

you could not become a bandicoot and ride a motorcycle, i mean the technology is there they just wont let us use it

there's some other stuff that's spoilers, but fistfighting the pope is always going to be better than jetskiing

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

GEExCEE posted:

this is my understanding of the metal gear series, as a whole:

just play twin snakes and know what true fun is like

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
i'm kinda biased because in middle school i played the demo of solid a little too much

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Chill la Chill posted:

current things I'm hyped about :

Star Wars battlefront

I'm wary on this one because of EA, but am likely going to get it at launch because I'm a slut for star wars games.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Chill la Chill posted:

:agreed: so I hope the doge got to live out his/her life well, hopefully with lots of tummy rubs and doggy treats

it's spelled "dog"

Chill la Chill posted:

what happens to the doge? That's all I really care about, i think that character has a lot of potential, maybe the only real character in mgs besides the husband ninja guy

it's spelled "dog"

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

joke_explainer posted:

he's actually talking about the chief magistrate of Genoa that helps snake out several times

i knew MGS plotlines were convoluted but yeesh this takes the cake

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
Like, why is the chief magistrate of Genoa receiving tummy rubs? Is that what the la-le-lu-le-lo are plotting?

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

drilldo squirt posted:

Fallout 4 looks really good but I don't think my pc can run it. :smith:

I looked it up because I'm kinda worried too but they recommend an i7 and I really doubt it's going to be that bad. Potato PCs should be fine?

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
As per steam:

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

mister magpie posted:

lol an i7 and 30gb of space

I still have a 128 gb ssd as my boot drive

Same here, I don't want to upgrade.

But a 1TB is like $350 nowadays so eventually I may spring for something if I feel like I want to upgrade my poo poo after a xmas bonus or tax return and don't want to travel or something witht he money.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm gonna play tales of vestiria instead of fallout 4 because I love anime and anime accessories

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I remembered I bought the star wars collection on steam on sale a while ago and only played KoToR 1 and 2 so I'm playing the other ones from the pack and holy moley did most of the graphics age terribly.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't own a console.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Pomp posted:

Re4 is good

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Zorodius posted:

"Free" is still just a little too much for Jade Empire. I had a free copy a while back and still couldn't play more than 10 minutes

They should pay you $5 to play it, that sounds fair

I had fun with it when it first came out. Couldn't really stand playing through again to do the evil side. The drunken master guy was kinda cool from what I remember. Other than that it's kind of a typical bioware rpg.

I tried playing majora's mask this weekend and for some reason the emulator couldn't go above 20fps and it was really unplayable. It could be that it's on the zelda collection on the gamecube so I'll try again with an actual n64 emulator one day.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Android Blues posted:

im pretty sure 20fps is actually the native fps for ocarina of time/majoras mask on N64 so maybe theyre just trying to be authentic?? idk. it could also be a speed clock issue where running it at faster than its native fps would cause game elements to flip out.

id be surprised if you couldnt get it running smoother with a good emulator though, but worth knowin that 20 is the standard for that game anyway so youre not missing too much

I figured there'd be an issue where if the game ran at 40fps then everything would literally go twice as fast. 20fps is fine but it'll dip down to single digits and that's really annoying. No other game has done that so maybe it's the weird thing with the "wii emulator running a gamecube game that's running an n64 game" thing going on.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I do not own a wii, I do have a 3ds (first gen) and considered getting the remake but my hands are big and the 3ds is small so it's kinda uncomfortable. Also I hear the port is really bad.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
for some reason I'd also rather play it on a screen bigger than 4" x 2.25" or whatever that screen size is.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Moola posted:

the controls are really terrible

that's another thing I read.

I'll probably play it on a n64 emulator, and also maybe replay kirby and goldeneye too.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

if you're fixing to play a bunch of n64 games please please play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon it's the best fuckin game

i played it back in the day and I had no loving clue about japanese culture or humor and could not understand a single thing about that game at the time

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I've never had a handheld break on me since I baby my poo poo and also I don't use them all that often and only have a 3ds for the OOT port and pokemon. I got the thing used for like $60 too or something, IDK it was a while ago.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

FutonForensic posted:

my biggest problem with souls games is that there's always a boss or two that your like, "you're cool, let's hang out"

i still feel bad about sif

and i've never killed priscilla

and i've only killed the ancient dragon in DS2 once, partly because he's just chilling, partly because he's the most bullshit boss in the series

In a way I kinda feel bad about every boss in the games, and I think that's sorta the hidden message. Everything's going fine until you show up and ruin it all.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
Fine being relative: aside from the abyssal poo poo everything's relatively peachy albeit in a decaying state of ennui and neglect.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Pro Target posted:

its all part of a retelling of a mythological tale

every time you die is when the storyteller gets up to go to the bathroom or get a drink

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

treasure bear posted:

every time you die the prince says "no no no, that didn't happen"

That's what game it was, I thought a game did that gimmick but wasn't sure which one.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Zorodius posted:

the sands of time cause alzheimer's

"Hmm, I should have wrote this stuff down instead of drawing erotic fan art"

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
trip report: an actual n64 emulator is way better for majoras mask. decent frame rate and hacked to be 1920x1080 even though that sometimes causes goofy glitches that are just cosmetic.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I usually just wait until a game is on sale unless I know I'll really like it.

The new (not actually new but only just became available on steam recently) tomb raider game is scratching the metroidvania itch for me. I'm enjoying it.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
you didn't spec into breadcrumbs?

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
i discovered there's a virtual console shop on the 3ds and they're selling old game boy games for like $6 each and it's kinda funny to me but it's cool you can buy 3ds games without leaving your house.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

joke_explainer posted:

what does it do?

causes the other person to disconnect and mails them a picture of a dead puppy.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I can't play the souls games more than once. and even then I'm bad at caring about them once I'm about 85% through. also, I really hate multi-target boss fights. I'm dumb.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
i want to play through DS2 again since I got to the penultimate boss and got bored without doing any DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Shaquin posted:

I have no idea why they thought it was at all useful to force you to invest 15ish points into a stat depending on starting class to return your dodge roll to baseline functionality

Yeah I'm probably going to end up pumping all the evasive poo poo and equip load before I bother deciding if I want to try str/fth or int/dex this go around. Str/fth sounds more fun though since I'll try to sunbro as much as I can because redoing boss fights is fun.