Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senior Management

Garbage Person posted:

I've been juggling Mario Kart, Monster Hunter 3, and Binding of Isaac lately. Really, really interested in Darkest Dungeon too but I don't want to buy early access anymore.

Same I want the Darkest Dungeon but so many early access games are never finished or end up poorly. At best it comes out but you played it at it's worst. Still sometimes the game is worth it and Darkest Dungeon might be one of those times.

To tide myself over I just purchased Sunless Sea which seems pretty cool but requires many readings and I don't know how to read.

:jerry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

Had a lot of fun with Fable 1 in my days but be careful, I have heard bad things about the newer Anniversary Port. The older Lost Chapter's version is arguably better in a lot of ways.

Senior Management

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204030/ Fablez

newer lazy anniversary is much more expensive and adds little.

Senior Management

If I was high I would play 6180 The Moon and it would be a transcendent experience but I am not high so it is just a cool game I like.

Senior Management

dogcrash truther posted:

i have some tips.

gently caress everything else, upgrade stagecoach network as often as you can to the exclusion of any other buildings.
you're in the best position partywise when you can use battles as an opportunity to reduce stress and increase hp. you do this by killing all but one enemy, and then spamming heal and stress heal moves until your party is relatively intact again.
for this reason vestals are the best class and should be in every party you can manage to get them into.
moves that stun opponents are real important too. and push/pull moves are very useful. for this reason occultists are real cool (their heal thing is great, don't be put off by the bleed side effect because your party usually resists the bleed anyway)

my best party setup so far has been

vestal+occultist+crusader+leper

ugghhh you make me want the video game so badly and I don't want to wait for it to be finished and I also just got Sunless and gently caress it gonna buy it tomorrow because I am responsible with money

Senior Management

It may technically not be kosher but some classic sidescrolling beat em ups from the arcade such as D&D Shadows Over Mystara, X-Men, The Simpsons one, and Turtles in Time. If they don't have a good hd port then you need to do a little wizardry to make it work online. Great fun in the multiplayer department in addition to what was mentioned above.

Towerfall Ascension is supposed to be fun but is local coop only no online. If large scale CRPGs are your thing Divinity Original Sin has a coop world/campaign but that would be a large time investment to finish.

Laura Croft and the Guardian of light does the coop and is supposed to be good. At the time of this posting it is on sale for $1.99

Senior Management

Awesome! posted:

lethal league

is very fun

Senior Management

I am Vynar on Steam and I am in the following SA related steam groups that I ignore Marauder She Wrote and BYOB 8.2. If you wish to add me and lake fun of my massive balls feel free and spare no insult for they are mighty and need to be taken down a peg.

Senior Management

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Who is getting monster hunter 4 ultimate

I would give it a shot but I would have to buy the extra thumb stick thing for the 3ds to make it work right and that runs on batteries and gently caress it

Senior Management

What I heard about he Owlboy is that the art is beautiful, truly spectacular like a professional Japanese pixel art project. But the puzzles are super repetitive and get boring. Can you confirm or deny this?

Senior Management

Syllables posted:

is bf1 going on a 30-40% sale because of black friday mean the game didnt sell as well as EA wanted

or that EA had a change of heart

It seems pretty popular and there is competition for that Christmas money. I would have expected some sale.

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper posted:

someday when you are an old man you will have the resources to crank out some sweet fps's in your own home

Nice. The RX 480 is a good card. Enjoy.

Senior Management

Lizard Wizard posted:

a word of warning: that whole crossfire thing is really not supported by the vast majority of devs.

Yeah Crossfire and SLI are generally not implemented super well as most people don't do it. But still a single 480 should be just fine and when you can use 2 great.

Senior Management

Quidthulhu posted:

i use NVIDIA, the far superior gpu company

Eh both make good stuff now a days. But NVidia sells much better even when they are behind. People just buy NVidia.

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper posted:

because AAA games have huge production costs and even at that price point can offer a lower entertainment cost per hour than almost any medium

And hell they cost that much in the 90s. The price has not shot up with inflation.

Senior Management

I like that AMD drivers let me manually limit tessellation at least. High levels of tessellation beyond much if any visual difference is found in a lot of gameworks options. It tanks frames but does so a lot harder on AMD than NVidia. But in my experience NVidia gets you faster driver updates for new triple A games while AMD gives you better long term support. Current AMD stuff is better in DX12 but there are not many DX12 games out yet. But really both have good products now just have to compare cards case by case based on your price range. In the end though NVidia sells much better regardless of quality and AMD does not make much money even when ahead.

Senior Management

So Eve has a free to play mode now which means that I could obsess over planing a skill tree except that my man I have not touched in 3 years is pretty much out of free to play trainable skills. I guess I could do a free to play character and actually learn how to play. Though all my better judgment is telling me that this would be a terrible idea.

Senior Management

My rl friend told me to play with him in the wormhole places so I decided to join him even though I did not do much. I was in the wormhole space group for over a year and made sure that I never ever learned how to scan. I never once scanned an exit. It was a matter of pride to reveal when I stopped playing that I never contributed. I did shoot some sleepers though and some mans a few times. I was never online when people fought other people. Shooting people is fun and now you do not lose skill points for dieing and forgetting to pay the tax. I need to find an overview that lets me acquire targets less slowly than a glacier moves. Making safe spots was a hassle though.

Senior Management

So it turns out that my dude has over 36 million skill points and my other man has 29 million but 25 mil of it are in space ship command and gunnery. And Another 2 mil in engineering. The other man is comically lacking necessary skills. I assume I was going to make a dread pilot at some point but gave up. I guess I spent most of my time not having time to play in school but training things. This is a bad idea and I should uninstall right now then set my computer on fire. I already don't have time for so many games I want to play.

Senior Management

Dark Souls II is still good and the DLC helps a lot. But seriously though the level design is the worst of of the souls games. It is much more linear and the world maps makes less logical and spatial sense in terms of flowing together in a believable spatial way. Still a good game.

Senior Management

MrWillsauce posted:

somebody owes me a chill-rear end cuddle sesh then

By the power vested in me as idiot king I declare that I.N.R.I. is the winner and you should persuade him.

Senior Management

the Felix the Cat game on NES is cool and good

Senior Management

I am a big dumb idiot who remembered that he has a plex on an eve account and thus ran through a bunch of gate camps to reach the only named system in Syndicate. I did this for no other reason than the fact that I remembered that people used to love the only named system in Syndicate. I do not know why I am signing back up for getting bored and just watching a skill queue move slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

I know that Nintendo hardware is normally pretty durable but all I could think about when I first saw the Switch is confusion over how many insertions it would be rated for.