Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quadramind

Scuba Trooper posted:

im playing resident evil 2 (the remake). i never actually played the original. im currently stuck in a room im too stupid to escape. feels good

This is what it is to master dhukka. Aren't we all simply stuck in a room we're too stupid to escape? Doesn't it feel good?

Ouch! I am trapped. Haha!

ily games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

I've been playing a load of Slice & Dice on my phone. Got the perfect op mana build going with a statue pumping out +4 every roll. Immediately come up against boss with mana burn. Ouch.

Quadramind

I think Hexic HD is free and very good

Quadramind

Oh, maybe just for Xbox :(

Quadramind

My boot doesn't have an escape button. It has laces.

Quadramind

I'm gonna play Hollow Night tomorrow

Quadramind

Nothing wrong with a lil dip and fiddle while you make your mind up

Quadramind

Think it's time to get back at Cuphead

Quadramind

I have fez queued up, too. I am a lucky boy. So many delicious games to play.

Quadramind

That's battle chess, scoobs

Quadramind

Yep yep. Got a couple of 8bitdo controllers for gfmind's switch and have been really pleased with them.

Anyone played GNOG? Really fun, but the title screen sings and that's how I always hear byob in my head. BYOOOB.

I tried out Obduction this past few days and it's fun, but not quite the right pace for me at the minute. Little bit too much walking about the place. A map would be good to be able to just click a location and be there instantly. Will shelf it and maybe come back to it.

I also replayed Hexcells, cos I wanted that perfect before clearing the rest of Plus and Infinite. Great puzzles for morning coffee.

Next up is Bulletstorm

Quadramind

My favourite game was when I started out as a single dude, befriended as many townsfolk as possible and had them all move in, dress in white gowns and tend my money tree farm.

Quadramind

This is why I immediately uninstalled after my first play through of DE. Had to get to work on forgetting as much as possible before the inevitable replay.

Quadramind

Hexcells! I'm about to perfect Plus and then it's on to Infinite.

I absolutely love that the sound effects for clicking tiles are panned according to where they are on the board. Excellent sound design. Such a chill game.

Quadramind

Hehehe
Played Samorost 1 again
Heheheehe

Gorgeous game and charmingly silly

Quadramind

Quadramind

Second try. Made it to level nine and timed out after drinking a couple of bad potions. Just like in life; you don't have to drink every potion.

Quadramind

I have struggled to break away from favourites before, too. It's so comforting to just slip back into something that feels like home, but it's worth remembering that novelty is a fantastic dopamine generator. Doing the same old thing has diminishing returns on that front.

I got too sick to play games for a really long time, but I didn't stop buying them, so now I've got a nice, hefty trove to work through, and they're mostly oldies because I was getting recommendations from old, old episodes of gaming podcasts and old steam threads.

still love to pick a game and install it and then ignore it, though

Quadramind

I learned how a fish is made and I'm a better fish for it

Quadramind

Philippe posted:

Isn't it horrible? I love it.

Yea, looking forward to giving that update a try.

For now, it's time to play og Fallout for the first time. My first Fallout was Tactics.

Quadramind

drat, the wasteland got hands

Quadramind

gently caress

Quadramind

Hollow Knight is such a great combination of chill and infuriating

Quadramind

Finished White Palace in Hollow Knight. That was pretty brutal until I remembered nail pogo.

Quadramind

I'm playing Super Mombo Quest. Having a great time with it, but it doesn't feel like it's gonna get too hard. Good for kids and good for me!

Quadramind

:thunk:

Quadramind

hollow knight is so good and I'm ready to pick it back up again to tackle the last few bits
I will make a fool of myself at last

Quadramind

nah, this is hilarious and I've never played Skyrim

Hand acting is one of the best things to come out of VR

It's been a very funny morning. I finally gave The Darkside Detective a go and it hit me with laughs within the first few seconds and didn't stop. I get why people complain there's not more of this game.

Quadramind

I really like checking in on what friends are playing and all that, so if any of y'all want to be steam friends here's my id https://steamcommunity.com/id/quadramind/

Quadramind

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

have any of you Yobbers played Remnant 2? it's hitting all the right buttons, it's like if Destiny 2 and Dark Souls and Metro 2033 did a thing together. Lots of randomized stuff, short story campaign, some solid co-op. Real fun and I think a few black friday sales have it under $30. Probably my GOTY

this looks cool as hell, but I doubt my gameship will run it. I'm still working on Dark Souls I anyway.

Quadramind

such a great game, but I really struggle with reliably aiming the ball
think I legit need to just do practice mode for a bit once I pick my favourite table out of the few I've got

Quadramind

yeaa! got my first Spelunky win.
Steam says 80 hours or so, but a lot of that was trashed co-op with gfmind and that's a recipe for immense craic and close to zero chance of a win

Quadramind

Yooo, that's so cool. I still have a 1050ti, but luckily humanity has been pretty good about pumping out insanely good games for decades. It's also cool to do the extremely late upgrade and then get all those sweet games with pimp graphics at super discount.

Quadramind

What you got there, lil turtle or something? Sweet setup.

Quadramind

Ten thousand holes of pure chill

Here's to ten thousand more

Quadramind

Been playing a lot of Stardew Valley again. I love this game. I collected a bunch of eggs for gus' special omelette and the day after I gave them to him I fished an omelette out of his bin.

Quadramind

Distilling my Stardew experience into pithy axioms to live by. I just need to get my sprinklers set up, and then I'm good.

Quadramind

I'm playing Slay The Spire. Loving it. The first 25 runs were just for practice. I get it now.

Quadramind

Helluva posted:

It's extra entertaining with a gamepad :catte:

I can't figure it out. I don't think this ancient macbook plays particularly well with controllers. I did get a cool handshake mouse for it, though.

I still haven't slain The Spire, but I feel like I'm getting smarter with each attempt. I am quite averse to thinking these days, but playing braindead is a recipe for failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

Got my first victory! It felt a lot like luck, and this deck felt like it had about three winning combinations. Also had the relic that gives you a 50/50 shot of just discarding exhausts.

Feels drat good, man