Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel

I'm stuck waiting at a car mechanic. I forgot my switch at home :( just need one more coin in into the breach to unlock the last squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

FutonForensic posted:

inching my way through bloodborne for the first time. everything's so fuckin spooky. who knows if i'll make it thru... stay tuned, gentle gamers.

:munch:

kalel

FutonForensic posted:

shadows of yharnam is kicking my rear end from directions that I cannot perceive. my rear end: bruised and shredded. lay my cheeks down next to the tombs of my fathers

You got this. I believe in you.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

bloodborne kicked my rear end fairly thoroughly because i could not get the hang of the whole 'agressive playstyle' thing, and i kept trying to play it like dark souls but you cannot shield tank in bloodborne so i died a lot

i think i got to the asylum fight against mr meeseeks and then tried something else from the backlog

It's common for people to bounce off of it the first time. Maybe give it another go with a fresh perspective. You don't have to though! There's lots of great games out there! :)

kalel

food court bailiff posted:

now that i'm very good at the combat the chalice dungeons in bloodborne might be my favorite roguelite ever, sure they're just copy/pasted rooms and stuff but the arrangements are often interesting enough, they're filled with weird enemies (several of which aren't in the game itself), even the easy ones are loaded with decent loot like papers and shaman bone blades, and there are boss fights at the end of each floor. it's like a solid 60-90 minutes of fresh bloodborne each time i create a chalice dungeon, it is a fantastic time

same but they're spooky :ohdear:

kalel

food court bailiff posted:

the fishing hamlet is not, as the name implies, an adorable lil fishing piggy, but instead a horrifying slog through cold wet terrible environments filled with angry fish people and shark people that want to eat me, and i kinda hate it

the shark people love hugging with their mouths

kalel

the boss of that area is The Actual Final Boss

kalel

WindmillSlayer posted:

what's the best video game that's like feeling happy

Kirby 64

kalel

been playing a lot of sekiro

kalel

go play Bloodborne, it serves as a nice tutorial for sekiro as far as parrying is concerned

kalel

Darkborn looks pretty neato

vanisher posted:

Update: Sekiro is good.

:dance:

kalel

I picked up horizon zero dawn and it rules extremely.

kalel

Astounding facial animation, deep sci-fi lore and setting, awesome creature design, fantastic voice acting, beautiful environments, a fun core game loop with actually interesting side quests, and annoying inventory management. I feel like I'm playing mass effect for the first time again

kalel

Farecoal posted:

I very much dislike the fact that it is a PS4 exclusive!!

Turns out I'm getting a lot more mileage out of my Bloodborne Machine than I originally thought

kalel

well, dark souls remastered isn't so much an "RPG" as it is a "religious experience"

kalel

I don't know how to play :ohdear:

kalel

mysterious frankie posted:

sekiro update: it's bad and makes me feel like a pissed off teenager. don't play if you don't like the idea of having intrusive thoughts about throwing your pets across the room or phoning your mom in Michigan at odd hours to call her a b word that doesn't get you.

subnautica is good though. you swim in an alien ocean and look at cool fish. also it's cheaper. play subnautica instead of sekiro.

it's okay friend. those kinds of games do require a non-trivial time investment to complete and some people just don't have the time. I guarantee you though that you would beat the game if you had a long stretch of free time and a couple pounds of weed to just kind of chill and zen out

vanisher posted:

Attn mods: new byob description text right here

This!!!

kalel

using this blessed page to pray for Chrono trigger port to switch

kalel

I like Toriyama's animations for chrono trigger :colbert:

kalel

Nosfereefer posted:

nothing wrong w/ them, the cutscenes are pretty arbitrarily placed tho

your posts are arbitrarily placed!!!!!

kalel

sorry about that... sometimes I lash out when I feel threatened

kalel

I tried frost punk this morning and an hour in some of my citizens started to die and I got really intense anxiety and turned off the game. I need some hot chocolate and a hug

kalel

:coffeepal:

kalel

Nosfereefer posted:

yeah, its not a happy game. their other game this war of mine is similarly beautifully crushing sad

I got that one on my second playthrough. on my first run everybody died and it destroyed me emotionally

kalel

Nosfereefer posted:

frog is a frog

speaking of, I'm trying baba is you again after giving up a while back and I'm stuck where I got stuck last time, level island 6 - research facility. any1 who's beaten the game pls give me a small hint. I don't want to look it up and spoil the answer but I've been stuck on this jerk rear end puzzle for eons

kalel

that makes a lot of sense, I've definitely noticed my brain do that. pretty much all of my most useful thoughts occur in the shower lol

the game lets you do other puzzles even if you're stuck on one, so I'll probably start with other puzzles and switch back and forth. hopefully my subconscious can come through on this one

kalel

boo-osterous posted:

i'm stuck somewhere in baba is you (i haven't played it since... wow literally a year ago yesterday, so i don't remember where lol) but i found this website to be very good at giving small hints

https://www.keyofw.com/baba-is-hint/

it never outright tells you the solution to any puzzle, and all the hints are the same text colour as the background so you have to highlight them to see them (so there's no accidental "i moused over a hint and it showed more than i wanted") and they all start with a gentle nudge like "hey did you notice that X is not STOP?"

Ah! Thank you, I think I figured it out in my head. I'll give a try later

kalel

Dixville posted:

So i found this pokemon rom hack called Radical Red and its kinda awesome. It has all the pokemon up to gen 8 except some legendaries and the difficulty is way higher than vanilla games, it's more like actual smogon style competitive pokemon. They have an option to ignore evs and ivs too which makes it way easier to pick up and play.

this sounds like something I've always wanted, gen 8 Pokemon in the gen 3 engine. sweet find

kalel

Dixville posted:

Yeah there's a poo poo ton of rom hacks that have this actually, but this has been my favorite to play so far.

can you point me to one that is more casual and not super sweaty

kalel

Scaly Haylie posted:

i'm about to give bloodborne another try after barely poking at it a few times in the past

which weapon is the noob weapon?

axe looks strong but is kind of slow tbh ime. I think the cover art setup is the best on a first run (saw cleaver + blunderbuss)

saw = Charmander, axe = Squirtle, cane = Bulbasaur

kalel

Farecoal posted:

Demon's Souls: completed! I'd say I enjoyed it. Some creative if wildly varying in quality boss fights, not bad level design. I went through as a mage, like I did for all my first Souls playthroughs.

noice. imho Des is basically dark souls 0.1.0 in terms of execution I think, it's not as well balanced in terms of player weapons/abilities and boss fights. it's still a really good game though

kalel

Farecoal posted:

I beat Ornstein and Smough my first try this run :)

That's pretty badass, not gonna lie.

kalel

Farecoal posted:

Thanks (if this isn't sarcastic). I get the feeling Kalameet is going to be the hardest one to beat, what else is new

I would love to play SMT V but Switch exclusivity suuuuuucks

Ah sorry if that read as sarcasm! It really is awesome :shobon:

kalel

Farecoal posted:

Halo 1... is bad. I can admit it now, after having so much fun with it as a kid

I'm too blinded by nostalgia to dislike Halo 1. However I can readily admit that I enjoy reach and Halo 2 remastered more than 1 or 2 or 3

kalel

Achtane posted:

Man I was so hyped for Halo 2's release and then it sucked compared to the first one imo.

Halo 3 was better

everything with the arbiter in 2 owns tho

kalel

it's a lot of fun! It's all about the joy of discovery and exploration

kalel

return of the obra dinn was really good. just a fun lil stylish puzzle/story game

kalel

been on a slay the spire kick recently. I think it's going to end up in the space of games I play on and off for a week before dropping for a year

kalel

nice

Farecoal posted:

Finally beat ALL the bosses in Dark Souls 2, including Ancient Dragon, Aldia, Darklurker... :feelsgood:

very nice

kalel

I'm kind of meh on breath of the wild so far. I made it to kakariko village and I have no desire to continue. am I just broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

found out about the Dark Souls mod with halo guns and i knew i had to roll a new character. then the instructions were a bit muddled and i missed the actual guns part. gonna have to re-roll since it relies getting the pendant as your starting gift. still... looking forward to it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJgYaMRknw

at around 30+ minutes he takes out the gargolyes with a magnum and a shotgun. satisfying.

lol that's badass