Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER

I've been playing the original GBA Fire Emblem and also Fire Emblem Awakening and both are cool and good. actually I've been playing a few GBA games on my GameBoy Player for my GameCube. here's a picture of one with my dog

I promise I'm not a weeaboo

I also started playing wow and at first I thought it was boring but it is starting to grow on me which may be a good or bad thing

also lots of hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER

Awesome! posted:

dont start playing wow now. thats like picking up smoking in your 40s

i did not choose this avatar i promise!!!

FAT32 SHAMER

Moola posted:

I think a lot of people get into it now because people like you and me make them play it with them tbh
yeah it's this

Lizard Wizard posted:

play gw2 with us please. it's like wow but it respects you.

okay I'll check it out tomorrow

full disclosure I can't afford a monthly sub right now so that's why I've been playing a lot of ftp games and old games that I've haven't played in forever and have had for longer :3:

FAT32 SHAMER

eh I got time, my exam that I was studying for was converted to a take home coding exam so there went me studying all day tomorrow

FAT32 SHAMER

okay i am setting up GW2 right now

are there a shitload of different servers/realms like wow? which one are you guys on

FAT32 SHAMER

I wish they didn't develop PGo because I played Niantic's other stupid game and wow is it bad

FAT32 SHAMER

Lizard Wizard posted:

what game was that?

ingress

it's a really cool concept, especially if you play with friends, but the grind is brutal and the only people that still play are the ones who have been playing since beta/launch and are at level cap so if you set up your portal it's bound to get capped, and if you assault someone else's you die almost instantly

FAT32 SHAMER

joke_explainer posted:

My friend playing in WA had a rival team player show him his gun when he rolled up and started trying to fight back however that works. It wasn't a direct threat but the description of that encounter has me wondering why there haven't been more arrests linked to that game.

yeah I quit playing after some nerd came up to me and threatened me as I was sitting in the mall on my lunch break capping his points

"I know judo and I'll gently caress you up stop stealing my poo poo dude" he said, with a cherry red face and an unsure quiver in his voice

FAT32 SHAMER

stealing this from the yospos games thread:

https://twitter.com/northwem/status/713754444861558784

FAT32 SHAMER

neither have i. I fear that I may have missed the train

plus if it's as hard as everyone says it is there is no way I'm going to bother anyways, given that I rarely finish a Pokemon game after long enough and enough distractions

FAT32 SHAMER

it appears to have blown up

FAT32 SHAMER

The pull of Eve Online is getting too strong

I'm so tempted to resub but I keep telling myself that I just got a sub to WoW and to hold fast

But then I remember how easy it is to make money at the skill level that I'm at and I get pulled harder

:rip:

FAT32 SHAMER

you should go read the eve thread real quick then

FAT32 SHAMER

I'm saving my pennies for factorio and the new hearthstone expansion

I'm graduating at the end of the month which means I'll img to have way way more time and money which means I'm going to take a week or two off to play all the video games I haven't been able to play for the last four years

my wife is going to probably hate me

FAT32 SHAMER

this game looks really neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h9kt8VICaE

FAT32 SHAMER

unless I'm getting drunk and playing NHL 20xx or playing an MMO, video games are me time where I can think about nothing except shooting mans and if I'm hungry or if I need to poop

FAT32 SHAMER

im trying to fill the overwatch shaped hole in my heart by playing terraria

we should all play some time, it's fun!

FAT32 SHAMER

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

We should have a byob terraria server

FAT32 SHAMER

okay I have a Terraria server set up and I'll start hosting it sometime this weekend and we can all play together

the best part of terraria is being able to play characters on multiple servers

FAT32 SHAMER

Shakill OReal posted:

I want to like Stellaris because on the surface it is my dream game but the complete lack of AI kills it for me, enemy empires stop expanding after grabbing 1-2 extra planets and they refuse to participate in diplomacy for the most part. You just build up passively until you can snowball through the galaxy because the AI doesn't even try to keep up. I can't wait for a mod or dlc or patch to fix it because all I've ever wanted out of Video Games is a singleplayer diplomacy-focused space 4x. I hope someone adds other important things too like auto-explore/auto-survey and auto-construct stations to remove the insane amount of micromanagement.

have u tried Sins of a Solar Empire? it's pretty good but more RTSish and the AI routinely owns me, especially when you combine the pirate factions

FAT32 SHAMER

now i want to play sins since i bought the expansion on steam sale and then never played it

FAT32 SHAMER

not as dull as ur mum was last night heyoooo

FAT32 SHAMER

Logitech are decent but the XB1 controller makes Windows smile

FAT32 SHAMER

Moola posted:

I literally dont know what this means

marriage is a social construct that is otherwise unnecessary but only exists because of social and traditional reasons

get it now?

FAT32 SHAMER

i played sins of a solar empire yesterday since i can't get stellaris for a while and it's pretty good

also cities: skylines has been filling my Sim City 4 needs, though I wish you could do the region play like you can in SC4. Also all the mods I had collected over the years were just awesome.

I think I still have the biggest mod pack for OS X on the internet :3:

FAT32 SHAMER

butts

FAT32 SHAMER

I'm surprised a Japanese game accepts Latin chars

FAT32 SHAMER

Lizard Wizard posted:

i am once again balls deep in hearthstone, the opiate of the neckbeard masses. add me (LizardWizard#1763) if you share this shameful addiction.
added u

hearthstone is literally the only game that I've ever felt compelled to spend lots of money on, mostly because it fills the MTG void in my life but doesn't require me to a)spend $1500 on a competitive deck b) sit with smelly nerds

FAT32 SHAMER

lots of money as in $150

Awesome! posted:

even at competitive levels... arent most of the old rare cards not even used anymore?

actually no dont tell me i dont care

last I checked the prices for everything have skyrocketed because more people are getting into the game. yeah you can build decks for heap, but if you actually want to do well at FNM a "cheap" competitive deck is like $300-$500

FAT32 SHAMER

shinmai posted:

now to rob a sweet old lady for $15!

there is no such thing since current sweet old ladies still helped collapse the economy by voting for terrible politicians

FAT32 SHAMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IMcfaPmFvg

FAT32 SHAMER

I am a very masculine man and I would scream like a little girl then curl into the fetal position

that's just me tho

FAT32 SHAMER

terraria is the best and way more fun than minecraft

I keep meaning to set up a BYOB server so maybe I'll do that tonight

FAT32 SHAMER

I made us a discord so we can play video games together

https://discord.gg/012d9sWhzUf6lzkep

if anyone needs help setting up their discord plz let me know!

FAT32 SHAMER

also my wifey just informed me that we're hosting holiday fun at my tiny flat tomorrow even though we're in the middle of moving which means no time for terraria tonight, but soon I will!

FAT32 SHAMER

FAT32 SHAMER

okay I managed to get Terraria up, if you join discord the IP address is there for you to come and play! anything in the chests in the house by spawn is free for the taking, just don't be a hog! and the world is in easy mode for now but I'm sure once a few of us get geared up we'll go ham

edit; all the server specifics are in the terraria-buds channel

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 30, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER

I played terraria for a little bit with a yobber and I was shown how many cool things they've added since I last played a few years ago!! I remember being fully decked out in hardcore gear but then he comes flying in on a ufo and an invisible pumpkin outfit blasting everything with a gun that is way more powerful than my legendary light discs!!

I might start a new server that's bigger and not so lovely of zone spawns, but first I'm going to mine this meteor and hoard all the meteorite in order to build another tower out of it :smug:

FAT32 SHAMER

I thought you were talking about darth lamer but then I looked again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER

if any fellow yobbers are playing Overwatch, you should add me (TusenTakk#11385)

also Terraria night tonight! join the discord in order to get the server IP as well as have voice if you guys want it. I'm going to be starting a new huge world so we can explore it together :3:

https://discord.gg/012d9sWhzUf6lzkep is the invite link!